Just got the email update from collectors studio | FerrariChat

Just got the email update from collectors studio

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by writerguy, Mar 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    #1 writerguy, Mar 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I have no Affiliation with this shop other than knowing the owner and been a customer but I figured some of you might like to see what's new

------

Over the last 8 years owning an official *Michael Schumacher replica helmet was an expensive undertaking. Official signed replicas typically sell for CDN$5000 - CDN$7500. Luckily, BELL*has just released an inexpensive helmet that can either be displayed or worn:

The 2003 'Wearable' Replica by BELL. Limited Edition of 300. These helmets can be worn and are fully certified for use in international car racing as they are Snell SA 2000 certified. The helmet is a K1 model as used by Michael, hand painted in his exact colors by his artist.*It comes with a visor*hand-signed by Michael and a second regular clear visor for use in car racing. The helmet features a label on the back: Michael Schumacher Replica - Limited Edition - Helmet number XX ·*It comes in a luxury helmet bag with a certificate and a set of spare visor screws. Sizes Available: S (57-58cm or 7 1/8 - 7 ¼"), M (58-59cm or 7¼ - 7 3/8"), L (60-61cm or 7½ - 7 5/8"), XL (61-62cm or 7 5/8 - 7 ¾")*Price: CDN$2495

Please note the following:
    -only our exclusive edition of 75 of the 300 helmets come with Marlboro logos, which have been factory added,
    -this is the least expensive authenticated replica. There are several cheaper unlicensed replicas on the marketplace, mostly on*internet auctions, but these are*made using the wrong helmet, incorrect paint colors, different font sizes and shapes. Our*helmets are painted by Michael's artist in-house at BELL, and therefore are identical and true to the original,
    -Michael is contractually bound to ONLY sign BELL helmets. Any other replica helmets that are purportedly 'signed' by him are fake.

Photos of this helmet are attached below and more are available by request.*
    At present $1 CDN = $0.75 US / £0.41 / €0.61/ 83 Japan Yen/ $0.98 AUS

Other new items in this week include:
    Ferrari F2004 press kits signed by Michael Schumacher
    Original 2004*Ferrari-Marlboro team clothing - crew shirts, fleece pullovers, t-shirts,
    Original 2004 McLaren WEST team clothing - t-shirts, etc.
    Ferrari F1 complete and operational*engine
    Ferrari F2003-GA*display '052' F1 engine
    Michael Schumacher original signed trophy
    Michael Schumacher original signed*wearable replica helmets, with Marlboro, starting at only US$1850/C$2495
    1/8 scale Ferrari 312B and 312T super detailed models
    1/5 Ferrari 250 GTO, edition of 25, awesome detail
    1/5 Porsche 956 / 962, edition of 10, huge!
    1/5 Ferrari ENZO, artwork for the Enzo, and glass etchings
    1/8 & 1/5 Ferrari F2003-GA with Marlboro
    1/8 scale Maserati 250F super detailed model
    1/8 scale Jaguar XJR-15 model, edition of 15
    1/8 scale Porsche 356A coupe
    1/12 scale Ferrari F40 with opening parts
    Porsche 917K & Ferrari 512S*limited edition print, C4195
    2/3 scale Jaguar D-Type operational replica car*- 10 feet long!
    1994 Ayrton Senna Montegrappa silver pen, edition of 1960, long sold out, one available!
    Original Bugatti dealership glass painting from the early 1930s.

You can order by phone, fax or e-mail, with your name, full address, tel/fax number & VISA, M/C or AMEX # with
    expiry date. You may also send your credit card & expiry date 'broken up' in a few emails for additional security.

Regards,

Morry Barmak

COLLECTOR STUDIO - Motorsport Gallery
    136 Yorkville Ave.
    http://www.collectorstudio.com
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Schuberth (Michael's real life helmet manufacturer) offers a replica motor cycle helmet for less than $ 500. Not exactly the right shape, but fairly close, especially when you add some of the Marlboro stickers.

Can't use it for car racing though, no fire protection.

3. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Did you happen to notice the COMPLETE F1 RACE ENGINE and COMPLETE F1 Ferrari Race car.....

4. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Uh, oh.

Doesn't say what year on the car. Year is so important with F1 cars. As is price of course.

5. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    03 i think

6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hard to believe: Ferrari has a rule that forbids selling its race cars for at least two years I believe. It has to be older than that.

7. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    True I am wrong on this.

But you have to admit Morry gets some GOOD stuff

The micro racer Jaguar Dtype looks like a chuckle

8. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
  9. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    I am saving up for one of his wind tunnel mock up's

10. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK
    Morry sure is selling top quality stuff. Too bad most of the items are way overpriced....

As a comparison: a few years ago I bought a race used rhim from the 312B2 in a Dutch shop for about $400.

11. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    Ad - 75% of the items in my shop simply cannot be found anywhere else, for any price. I don't sell race used rims from 312B2s. I don't even sell race rims - I have a few in stock - a Ferrari wheel and tire signed by Michael, a McLaren wheel and tire signed by Senna and Berger, and a few inexpensive Williams and Jordan wheels....so you would not have anything to compare this with. As well, this is not the type of item you can 'shop around' - it is one of those obscure items that someone may have gotten for free back in the early 70s, sold to a non-memorabilia specialty shop for a few hundred dollars, and the owner may have turned it around for a bit more. I would rather you compare the prices of memorabilia that I have that you can find elsewhere, so that your critique is justified.

I see you are a Gilles Villeneuve fan - Gilles owned and wore 12 helmets his entire career, I own two of them. This is the type of item I carry that is not available anywhere else, and which defines the shop as special. Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Morry Barmak

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Morry is quite right of course: Such items are so unique it is hard to define a price for them. It really is a question of suppy and demand.

The other thing is provenance: These items are only worth their money if you can trust that they are what they claim to be. You can buy an "original" Senna helmet on ebay for probably less money than at a motorsports collector, but do you know whether it is real? Same question goes to the collector of course. If you know him and his reputation, that definitely adds to the credibility and the price.

I have a visor signed by Schumacher. I got it from a friend, but do I really know whether it is real? I didn't watch Schumi sign it. In all likelihood it is real, but provenance is so hard to proof unless you got the article yourself while the mechanics took it off the car and/or the driver signed it in front of your eyes.

13. CollectorMorry

CollectorMorry Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Toronto, ON, Canada
    Full Name:
    Morry Barmak
    Andreas you are quite right. Every day I get a flurry of emails with links to items on ebay and other websites with supposed deals on 'guaranteed authentic items with COA' at inexpensive prices. I can assure you that 90% of the motorsports memorabilia on ebay is junk. Most of the M.Schumacher and A.Senna signatures are bogus and the vendors are too. Michael charges US$250K for a one hour signing session, and only does this once a year. Do people really think they will find an authentic photo on ebay signed by him for $15? And all these Brits that tell you they had something signed at a Silverstone test session, or know a mechanic....I can tell you this: If you check my website at http://www.collectorstudio.com/list.htm you will see I get a pitpass to every race I go to. That does not mean I 'hang out' with Michael. And I know him personally as well as all of the other drivers. Still, it is extremely difficult to get anything signed, even with all the right credentials and connections. Mechanics can only get smaller items - not the big ticket ones. Believe me the drivers know what their kit is worth. The bottom line is that any COA is only as valid as the institution that provides it. Bumping into a driver once at a hotel and having your photo taken with him, getting a pit pass, going to a testing session, or knowing a mechanic are not proof positive that an item is real. People need to know their sources. On the other hand, NO ONE would ever waste the time, effort and money to forge the wheel of a Ferrari 312B2 - so for items like that you are safe anywhere you shop....and can get lucky when the vendor does not know the market value (ie. in a model shop that specializes in HotWheels and the like).

Morry Barmak
    CollectorStudio.Com

14. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hi Morry, you are absolutly right! (Problem is I have a few Hot Wheels lol) I have admired your shop for many MANNNY years. I live downtown Toronto and like to pop in once in a while and one thing I can say is that your shop is 100%! You know what you are doing and carry items that are completly legit unlike some.

What's this with the new condo's going up? All your neighbours are relocating.........are you going to move too?

Vasco.R

15. Sempre_gilles

Sempre_gilles Formula 3

Jul 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    AdK

Morry, I did not mean to offend or even critisise you. In my opinion you have a huge stock of unbelievable great racing memorabilia. Of course scarce items are expensive. And I fully agree that verification of authencity is highly important and add up to the total price.

My only regret is that all this ends in prices I can not afford.... I would love to have an original Villeneuve item, but probably will never be able to buy one.

By the way, there is no certificate of authencity with my 312B2 rim, so I just have to believe the seller that it is original.

16. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Andreas you wouldn't happen to have a link for this helmet would you?I'd be curious to take a look at it.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    http://www.schuberth.de/index2.htm

They came out already with a new model if you compare their current helmet to the one I bought from them last year and which I enhanced with some of the logos. I should also mention, that Mike Charness (FChatter) helped me big time with my helmet. He customizes helmets for a small fee and does a tremendous job. E.g. the horsey on mine was painted on by him.

18. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    12 your helmet collection is AWESOME! I want them.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks! That's actually only one Schumi helmet (it sits in front of a mirror). But I do have two Eddie Irvine helmets. Tells you something about how I feel in regards to these drivers...
    :)

20. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Well well Well are we Swirvin irvin fans or is it just that they are much more affordable these days

Jim "Im just as good as Michael"

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hehe. Actually I bought them both while he was still driving. That's how I got them with Marlboro livery. And paid full price.

I just loved Eddie for being the last of the good ol' boys. Hard drinking, partying, big mouth F1 guy. The last James Hunt before the corporate identity droids took over.

22. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    They are building a 5 star 8 story boutique hotel right beside me. But my building won't be touched so I will be here for many years ;-) Thanks for asking.

Morry