home computer and fchat | FerrariChat

home computer and fchat

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by ty (360mode), Nov 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    anyone know why my home computer, when i type in fchat.com goes to the old page? and even when i type in www.ferrarichat.com/forum then hit the home button (from the new page), it takes me to the old page? this is even after i reboot the computer. it doesn't ever auto-update (ie, i'll hit F5 while i'm on the main page, but when i click on a thread, it will only show the posts that i last looked at, i have to F5 each time)

TIA.

2. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    I occasionally have that same problem though not with Fchat. I'm not sure why it happens but the best way to fix it seems to be to just dump the browser cache.

What browser are you using?

3. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim

internet explorer. it's pretty weird and frustrating. i'm amazed that the computer can remember pages after so many reboots and such.

how do you dump the broswer cache?? thanks!!

4. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    FWIW Fchat seems to work a lot faster using Netscape. It's free to download here.

To clear the cache in Explorer:

Go to the "Tools" pull down menu and click on "Internet Options..."