Future Couples Events ? | FerrariChat

Future Couples Events ?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by parkerfe, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Would you attend a couples rally event ?

1. Yes, and would bring my significate other or a date.

2. Yes, but would come alone.

3. No.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    If my wife and I were to plan a future event for couples, how many of you guys would be interested ?I am thinking about maybe a rally in the North Georgia mountains with a few stops at mountain vistas along the way with a nice meal at some point with maybe a prize for the winner of the rally. It would not be a speed rally, but one that required you to answer certain questions from landmarks you pass along the route. It would require a pre-payment of some amount for the rally materials/signs/maps, ect.. and for the meal. If you are interested AND have a significate other or at least can find a date, please respond accordingly.

2. 308GTS

308GTS Formula 3

Dec 27, 2001
    TN
    I am interested but we were looking for more of a nice dinner, drive our cars in style and go some place nice. In TN we had an event where we booked the Aquarium and had a VIP tour with a nice Italian Catered Dinner in the Aquarium. Something like this would be nice IMO. Just thought I would add my thoughts.

3. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I might be interested but no name calling from you Mr. Parker.

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I would be interested, I have friend that owns a restaurant in Sugar Hill that is from the old country and makes the best Italian food, he would love to close his place for enough people with enough notice as he is a huge Ferrari fan.

5. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    Drive up to The Biltmore house and evening in Asheville?

6. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Sounds like fun.

I was planning on putting together a rally like this at some point that would start fairly early in the morning (8am ?), run through the north GA mountains and then end up at the Chickamauga battlefield park south of Chattanooga around 2:30pm. I would lead a guided tour of the battlefield including a detailed overview of what happened, how and why, etc. After this, we would head down 75 back to Atlanta to meet at a nice resteraunt for a good meal to end the day. I like Rays on the River....

Terry

7. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Terry, why don't we plan this thing ASAP. We can drive the rally route one weekend and pick out and document the landmarks and come up with the questions. Our wives could help out with the meal reservations , decorations ect... On the morning of the rally, one of us would leave an hour or so early to post any needed signs at the vistas, lunch stop and battlefield stop. We would need a lunch stop around 12noon at a B&B or other quaint eatery before the 2:30 battlefield tour. A nice dinner after we get back to Atlanta would top it off and we could then present a prize to the rally winner. Maybe TRutlands or FOA or some other Ferrari facility could donate something as a prize. Give me a call at 770.381.9223 so we can discuss. Thanks, Frank

8. Ksullender

Ksullender Formula Junior

Sep 3, 2003
    USA
    If you do a dinner as another event in the future, some restaurants will 'assist' in various ways because they are usually interested about the excitement that comes to the restaurant with a line of Ferrari's out front.

9. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    you guys rock!!! gives new meaning to the term "ferrari community". maybe i can be cheerleader ( joke) in my fly yellow Frontier. seriously , reading this makes me want a car more!!! thanks!!!

10. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    If you want to plan it through FCA, we'll donate one or two door prizes if there's enough interest and participation.

Mike
    www.fca-se.com

11. tspiro

tspiro Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Hey guys

I would love to bring my wife, she is a real trooper, but kinda gets bored after a little while when it just me and a bunch of guys!!! so more women would be great!!! - I think if there was some way to get the girls together so they could build a few friendships then they & we would do more Ferrari stuff!

I've been looking at getting a day drive for a saturday Am the would take us from Atlanta to the wolf mountain winery for late luch or early dinner... & then back!

One other thing my wife and I did was take to car on a small trip to see the Little White house in Warm springs Ga. there are actually a couple of good restaurants, there, and lots of small antique shops etc....

As the FCA GA rep I would love to help organize anything like this!!!! you can always call me @

(770) - 850 - 3103

Tom Spiro

12. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I'll bring my girlfriend.

13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I'm in. Girlfriend too.

14. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Tom, why don't Terry Springer, you and I all meet for lunch one day next week and see what we can come up with for May. We need to get the dates confirmed in time for you to get it posted in the FCA Newsletter.

15. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Sounds fun!

16. tspiro

tspiro Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    I'm in town all next week. Wed.or Thurs is ok for me.

Tom

17. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    I can do that. Ill give you a call monday Frank and we (Tom too) can setup a time to meet. I think doing a Saturday ralley, starting in the Roswell area heading through the mountains to a nice lunch stop (or have a catered picnic at the battlefield?), then to Chickamauga then back down for a nice dinner. We may even have time to break for a few hours before meeting up for dinner. That way some folks who cant make ralley could still do the dinner part.

I'll chip in some on prizes.... call it sponsorship from American Republic Mortgage.

Terry

18. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I can chip in a free Will or two as prizes as well. Wednesday will be best for me. I can be reached at 770.381.9223 office or 404.317.4037 cell.

19. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Frank, I appreciate you putting something like this together.

Sounds like it could be fun - if the roads are going to be real twisty, I might be on my own.

Coming up with approx expenses for these kind of events can be tricky. What will happen to any 'profit' ? Maybe the lunch/dinner could be pay-as-you-go to keep expenses down.

20. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Manatee, the lunch and dinner will be pay as you go. The only money from participates needed will be for any prizes awarded that we can't get a sponsor to donate and for the signs, questioneers and other paperwork needed for the rally, which will be very little. I'm guessing it will be well less than $10 per car maybe even less than $5 per car.Any left over money could be used to buy everyone wine at dinner, dessert or just give to the FCA SE or refunded pro-rata to the participates.

21. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    Thanks, Frank - sounds good.

When will you start another thread on your church car show?

22. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Frank, on the church car show, pleeeeeaaaaasssseeee do not make it during the heat of summer again. There is absolutely no shade to be had a in a giant parking lot. It is a great show though.

23. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Unfortunately, I have no control of my church's car show and I believe it will again be in August this year. I did mention to my pastor that a Spring date would be better and he said maybe for 2005.

24. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Good to hear there is some hope for an earlier date, but hopefully you will have another sunny day this year also.

25. VPC

VPC Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2002
    MI
    Full Name:
    Victor
    I'll settle for a cloudy day, no rain.