Pagani or Koenigsegg | FerrariChat

Pagani or Koenigsegg

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by l'esecuzioneItaliana, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    This is a serious post. What are yall's(F-chaters) opinions on the Pagani and Koenigsegg? I just sold my 360 and im getting ready to sell my NSX to buy either a Pagani or Koenigsegg.

Im leaning more towards the Pagani because I like its styling and I know where one is for cheap, cheap as in lower than mark-up price. Its $440,000. The cheapest Koenigsegg that ive found is $585,000.

The Pagani has a Titanium exterior with carbor fiber accents and blue accented wheels. The interior is blue with silver carbon fiber. It has 1,000miles and is in new condition. Its for sale in New Rochelle, New York.

The Koenigegg that im looking at is in Germany, at the Auto Salon Singen. Its the blue one with the white interior.

Please tell me your thoughts and opinions.

Thanks, Thomas

2. need4speed

need4speed Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Pacific Palisades
    The Pagani does it for me. Unfortunately, I've only read the magazine reports but from what they say, it is the nicer balanced of the 2. And seeing as you have an NSX, this might suit your tastes as well.

The only thing I find really cool about the Kcar are the doors.

I wish I had your choice to make. Enjoy.

3. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    same here, but yes and no. I like how they fold out, but in a way, I don't really.

my suggestion would be to take a look at the Top Gear reviews on these cars. If you don't have them or cannot locate them, drop me a PM/email and I'll host em so you can download them or get them to you somehow. while they might not be the end-all in opinions, it might give you a better view about each car.

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    The Zonda for sure... but it's your money.

5. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'd go with the Zonda. I really like the Koenigsegg but it is just too new and if you've seen the Gumball3000 dvd then you'll have seen what can happen (basically broke down all the time).

The Zonda also has a V12 :)

TBH when you're spending this much on a car you're not going to get rubbish, so go for the one that you prefer after driving both. The Zonda definitely has the nicer interior.

6. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I'd go with the pagani.Although I really didn't fall in love with it's interior design.I think I'm in the minority there though.

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Pagani, at least an MBZ dealer can service the drivetrain. It looks great and from what I have read, it is put together superbly. Fantastic automobile.

8. Daytonafan

Daytonafan F1 Rookie

Oct 18, 2003
    Surrey, England
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    The Zonda for sure, I wasn't struck on the looks in the photos but when I saw it in the 'carbon fibre' at Goodwood it looks really mint

9. icars

icars Formula Junior

Mar 28, 2002
    Plano Texas
    Full Name:
    Rodney Haas
    I would have to go for the Zonda as well. We were lucky enough to tour the factory a few years back. The Zonda was indeed a work of art with a rock solid power plant.

The idea of buying a super car from a boutique manufacturer that could be gone at any time without any drivetrain support would scare the hell out of me.

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Oh man thats tough. Id probally have to draw names from a hat to make this decision. Which model is the Koenigsegg and which model is the Pagani.

11. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Here's the Pagani.

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Pagani, without a doubt.

13. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I live 10 minutes from New Rochelle if you'd like me to take a look at the car- and if you come into town to see it let me know and we can meet up. Is it Mr. Ciaolas?

14. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Yep I'd go for the Pagani. I was reall impressed with the build quality with the one I have seen. I also quite like the styling, very professional.

Pete

15. murph7355

murph7355 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2002
    SE England Yorkie
    Full Name:
    Andy
    That's a very serious amount of wedge for a car and to me neither would cut it. The styling of the Zonda is unresolved in my eyes, especially the rear half, and the Koenigsegg smack of novelty over substance and I'd wonder if they'll be around in more than a couple of years.

The money you're talking could buy two or maybe even three cars that would cover all eventualities. They would also have ultra-amounts of cachet etc. - what about a 288GTO and Bentley Continental GT/Vanquish/DB9? The former has the big advantage that it will be very unlikely to lose any money. May even appreciate given time.

Tons of other combos I could think of.

Nice position to be in though, and if I weren't allowed a stable and had to choose either it'd be the Zonda.

PS Doesn't sound like you're *in love* with either...might be worth waiting a wee while as there's some serious metal coming onto the market in the next few years...

16. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I did not think either of these cars are street legal in the US??

17. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Why wouldnt they be?

18. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    The ZONDA screams exotic!

I would still take the Zonda even if it was more expensive than the Koenigsegg.

Reliability issues does not begin to describe the Koenigsegg.

A no brainer IMHO:)

19. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Pagani Zonda por favor.

Vasco.R

20. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    I have no idea who the current owner is. I think im seriously going to buy the Zonda. The transaction is taking place through a private dealer. The dealers name is Mijael Niccoli. He lives New York, NY. Im going to look at it next month. I think its overseas right now getting all of the guages changed to American homologation. And I have to go to the UK to learn to drive it, which is silly because what could go wrong with an 28yr old thats immature driving a 1/2 million dollar car? I mean I could take after my fellow Houstonians(not gonna say D*** J***** ) and crash it into a tree being a jackass. It'll be a cool experience.

Does anyone know any Pagani owners here in the US?

21. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Yes, I know a couple of owners, one in Florida, one in California. PM me when you get yours, and I will put you in touch. The guy in California does not drive it much.

Incidentally, I would choose the Koenigsegg. Rumours of its unreliability are vastly exaggerated. I know it didn't break down in the Gumball Rally, but only had a leaking oil gasket. I helped repair it. Other than that, I am not aware of any problems. I have seen the finish and quality of both cars, and the Koenigsegg is superior in every way. I have driven both as well, and again the Koenigsegg is a superior driving experience. Aesthetically, I like the Koenigsegg's interior far more, and neither car's exterior really does much for me.

22. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #22 F1racer, Mar 16, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    From what I'v heard there's 4 Pagani Zonda. (maybe there's more Zondas in the US)

- Benny Caiola (dark silver I think) picture..under
    - Michael Lederman (yellow )..the car was seen in Malibu.
    - Wyclef Jean (red )
    - Paul Walker (from The Fast and the Furious) ...thats what I heard.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Mr. Ciaola lives less then a half hour outside of New Rochelle and has a Pagani- that'd be the only reason why I would assume it to be his (but its already in the states, so having the car re-homologated would be asinine..). I'd love to get in touch with you offline, check your private messages for my email and number.

24. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Yeah, i've driven a Koenigsegg and ive CvK himself, he is a very nice man, besides the fact I couldnt take my eyes off of him beacuse of his skin problem, but he cant help that. Hes getting ready to release the CCR which is said to have 800HP and be street legal. The CC8 with 655HP was enthralling.

But ive come to love the Pagani, after reading up on it, and you can never go wrong with a Merc V12, if I wanted the performace of a CC8 I could get some of those Merc turbos. The Pagani looks like a sketch of a car that I drew when I was a teenager and ever since I saw it and when I used to go on the Gumball 3000 with my dad I was going to own a car like that. And I have the money to do it and now I dont know what to buy.

Pagani-------60%
    Koenigsegg---40%

25. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    If it's at a Ferrari event the chances are it's Bennys..