POS computer!!!!! | FerrariChat

POS computer!!!!!

Discussion in 'Technology' started by robiferretti, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    anyone know the best program to recover files?

I was moving all the pictures on my computer to one folder, so i can back them up on CD. One of the pictures wouldn't copy over because it was named the same as another file. Since the picture wasn't of any interest i clicked shift delete and hit enter, but the damn computer started deleting all my pictures, It stayed on the "select all" function i used to drag and drop the pictures and carried the selection to the destination folder! I lost all my vacation pictures from last year! anyone help here? i tried one file recovery program and it got about 10 percent of the pictures, but they are all the pictures i dont care about, none of my vacation

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

if you have norton then the pics should be in a backup / protected file.you may be able to open" my recent documents" and see which pics are there. there is a way to restore them , but other than going to a previous " restore" point i cant remember which utility to use. did they goto the recycle bin only??? if then you can select to restore them one at a time. permanent delete will take some hunting. dont let your computer do a de frag until you have found them!!! after a defrag they cant be recovered!

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    rob , try going to " file" and " restore" in the pics file you were in. this should do it, hope it works!!!

4. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.