Off Topic for Newbies (to newbies) | FerrariChat

Off Topic for Newbies (to newbies)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by robiferretti, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Take what your read here in OT light-heartedly. the two most commmon names you will read and be entertained by are.

"Carbon", formerly "Dan" but currently "NNO" also formerly "DES" Leads the board in posts, pictures, and member support, but doesn't yet have a ferrari. OH by the way make sure you have braodband before clicking on one of his picture threads!

His opposite "AllanLambo", formerly "picked on as a kid" is currently know as "dips**t", "jerk**f", "a**hole", "d**khead" amongst others. Allan is probably the second most common name on the board you'll see due to fact he tries to offend atleast 20 people per day. Take things allan posts as you would anything on the internet. Dont get offended, and enjoy it for what it is, entertainment. Allan as opposed to Carbon McCoy (not to be confused with Ohio sniper suspect McCoy) has a ferrari and has owned virtually every make and model of car imaginable, currently owning a diablo, esprit TT, nsx, and 355. So his posts are more from experience then passion. Regardless, you will find your experience here rewarding if before logging on you prepare your workspace accordingly.

****I am sure other tips will be given lower in this thread***

2. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    got it.

mdstrib

3. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    So what'd you get the parking ticket for?

4. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    mmmmm just got a box or Harp lager. (my workstation is prepared)

O who is the Carbon person never heard or seen him post before?

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Now isn't that illegal?

6. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    I have no idea what you are talking about. (eyes roll)

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Ellen thinks that Ferrari chat is a place to come and ***** about all the bad things associated with Ferraris.But, in fact, he does not try to offend 20 people per day, he actually does offend hundreds of poeple per day, its just 80% of us have figgured out how to disable Ellens posts and remain blissfully ignorant of his rantings.

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    360, i'm Carbon; nice to meet you...

Rob, this is nothing short of hilarious...!

Toi reiterate Tim's question: what'd you get the parking ticket for...?

9. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    parking ticket was from NYC they wrote me a ticket 47 min into the hour i paid for...needless to say i was pissed !

10. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I actually do enjoy Carbon and Allens point of view. I think Carbon's passion and Allens real world experience are invaluable. I have respect for both gentlemen and find their contributions rather helpful and often entertaining.

11. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    After reading this, I'm kinda pissed off! Allen Lambo has never offended me! I really feel left out. Maybe he can do a post titled 'PeterS is a lowlife butthead'. With this, I can feel like the rest of FChat!

As for NNO's picture posts, he takes pride in make people (like me) with dial-up go nuts! Dr. Phil would say ' CAN YOU SAY RE-SIZE'?

12. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    LOL I'll take a beer too!!

13. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    ELLEN...that's funny too LOL!!!

14. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    you forgot to mention that OT is taken much more lightheartedly over a beer.. or guiness for that matter.

15. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego

hahah I now who are. I was being sarcastic but we never really did introduce each other to ....each other (that sound correct?)

16. benedict

benedict Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Ben
    Allan is what we used to refer to in college as a "cock-blocker". Whenever you tried to pick up a girl at a party, her nerdy guy friend would always be there to spoil it, whispering in her ear "don't leave with him, he's just a player". LOL

Ben

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Allan's not a cock-blocker, he's a co- sigh... nevermind...

:D

18. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    I've had that happen SOO MANY TIMES!

19. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    What happened...? You had to go over to your female friend and tell her not to leave with the "player"...? (LMAO!) :D

20. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    OK, you guys started me thinking: the script would be like the Fight Club or any of those doppleganger, "evil twin" movies. DES/Carbon/NNo (already we have splintered personality issues-this will be easy) is played by, let's say Jack Black. He's earnest, very protectionist of gay rights and women's issues, drives, oh, i don't know, let's say a hybrid car.
    Allen, played by somebody like joaquin phoenix, is Des/NNo's evil twin, drives a Lambo, very not pc, always checking out the cooze, sort of obnoxious. There is a battle of wills between them. Scene 1: the narrator goes into a bar, talks all sensitive and **** to this semi-OK chic at the bar. Then, after a quick trip to the men's room, Allan takes over. The change is remarkable: the chick totally hates him, but agrees to go for a ride in the Lambo.....

OK, you guys continue...

21. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    we can get Jim to direct

22. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    .....USE MY BATTERIES FOR AUDIO AND SPECIAL AFFECTS...........

23. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Bill, Tom, Bruce - ROTFLMAO...!!!

Bill, a hybrid car...? Jack Black...? Oh, man...! i'm laughing my balls off...

24. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    SCENE #2

After the ride in the Lambo, she wants to go home with him, where she rides him to her hearts content. She leaves after a few hours, and Allan is out looking for his next hunt.

True life of a big baller playa. :D

25. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Meanwhile, back at the ranch, Carbon is obssesing over this girl he saw out of the corner of his eye when he was 12. Allan's date comes over to check Carbon out, but all he can talk about is man inhumanity to man and his unrequited love...