French Ferrari clubs, tracing my car's history | FerrariChat

French Ferrari clubs, tracing my car's history

Discussion in 'Europe' started by lukek, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I am trying to find out what happened to my car between 1963 and 1984. I have records from 84 and up. The first owner in the US was Jeff Beard in Seattle in 1984, then a couple more in the region, followed by Barbier in the NL/B, and then I brought the car over to the US. It is a 1963 Ferrari 250 GTE, #4823, silver/black

The only thing that I have for the 20 yr. gap is that my car was apparently shipped to Franco Brittanic Automobiles in Paris (Raab). Mine has US gauges, so it was either converted, or orderd by a US serviceman. My e-mails to FBA and to the Paris Ferrari club either bounced or went unanswered.

I have already checked the usual sources: Raab serial number book, Len Miller, now Bill Preston GTE registry, and posted it on Talaio. Ferrari knows who the first owner is, but will not tell me for privacy reasons.
    If anyone has leads, contacts in French F clubs, or knows a European historian, I would appreciate any leads or suggestions. A good bottle of Polish vodka can be air-mailed to any location in the world
    :)

thx, luke

Here is a neat vintage advert from a french paper (culd have lured the buyer of my very car)

2. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Luke,

what an amazing 250 GTE!!!!!
    Wonderful, saw the pics and story on your web-site!

I`m wondering whta the reason that Ferrari don`t give your the production-report of your Ferrari?????:confused:

Have you checked it over the owner`s site?

Try to get direct in touch with Maranello!!!!!!

Feel free to write or phone:

GUGLIELMO MAGLIO
    Direzinoe Commerciale & Marketing
    Ferrari spa. Via Abertone Inf. 4
    41053 Maranello (MO)
    Tel: +39 0536.949438
    Fax: +39 0536.949895
    E.-Mail: [email protected]

He is a very friendly gent and I have had the pleasure to meet him last year in Germany at the Ferrari headquarter in Wiesbaden. (He was the kind to let me test drive the ENZO during our meeting;))

Good luck and please keep us updated

Yours

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

3. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I will try to get in touch to see if they can release the name of the first owner.
    I had tried to obtain a heritage certificate for my car. After I submitted my numbers it turned out that while my body, engine, and transmission had matching numbers, my rear diff came from another car, so the car is a mongrel, not a pure blood...It makes no difference to me, so I just created a fake Photoshop certificate (only for my garage wall) to make the car feel better.
    :)

Thanks again

Luke

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Luke,

stock all original with all matching numbers, and JUST the rear diff cames from another car...thats it????:confused:
    Don`t care about! Man thats fantastic and much more than most other vintage Ferraris!!!! I can`t believe that this will be the reason Ferrari don`t answer & certify your 250:confused:
    Please try to get in touch with Mr. Maglio (see above)!!!!

Good Luck

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI