HOU - Ferrari and Exotic Spotters | Page 8 | FerrariChat

HOU Ferrari and Exotic Spotters

Discussion in 'Texas' started by WJHMH, Nov 20, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Hijacked thread brought to you by the DFW Ferrari Spotters Assocation. ;)

2. mach5er

mach5er Rookie

Mar 8, 2004

Well, hold it up to a mirror then

Waa Laaaa.....

my piece!

3. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    I was checking up on a job site when I heard an exhaust that sounded familiar to my NSX's, I turned around and there were 3 NSX's(2 red, 1 black) and 2 360's(1 red, 1 tdf blue) crusing down San Felipe towards the Galleria.

4. Melodic

Melodic Rookie

Nov 11, 2003

I have a question about the street Troon. My friend and I went over there yesterday to see if MAYBE the Enzo was out, unfortunately it wasnt. Anyway, Troon seems to break up, does it carry over to any other part of River Oaks, or is it just that one street as soon as you enter River Oaks? I saw a few houses that were gated on that street, if my memory serves me correct. What does this house look like (the one with the Enzo)? I'd love to actually be able to see an Enzo in person. Plus, does anyone know where I can see a Murci?

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    You are lost. Have you read much of this thread?

Hey! I just saw a yellow 360 Modena in my front yard!! Man, I thought you guys had taken up a collection for me! I was overwhelmed, I wanted to thank the Academy, and all Fchatters for making this dream come true!

And then the as____ ran it back up the ramp, of the interstate transporter.
    They were just shuffling the cars! I offered to trade him even up for the World's Fastest Art Car, but since the Modena didn't have handprints, he was afraid some one might notice! Last I saw it, it was Florida bound.

"Well, I don't wear no Stetson, but I'll be willing to bet, son...
    That I'm a bigger TEXAN, than you are!"

Robert Earl Keen, Jr. Houston Rodeo, March 15, 2004

6. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Sounds like a fair exchange to me Speedy, did you tell him that the world's fastest art car has been published?

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    wspeer:

Actually, the aluminum 328 is now at Willhoit Enterprises in Springfield, MO.
    That is where I purchased my 308GTB. There has not been much interest and sadly it looks like the interior is headed for a re-dye. I have contact info if anyone is interested.

No Will , I couldn't convince the transport driver of The Art Car's notoriety, although I did forget to point out that it had recently travelled Allen Parkway
    WITHOUT crashing into a tree. ;)

8. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    Black Ferrari Spyder in my neighborhood (Silverlake) at CR90/Morgan at around 5:30 PM. Anyone from here?

Was planning on driving the 308 tomorrow, and it's a definite now. Needed a tow from Clear Lake for the Saturn. Think it's a busted shifter cable. Guess I know what I'll be doing this weekend. Bought AAA for the 308 and twice in the last year I've needed it for the other car. So if you spot a burgundy 308GTB this week, it's probably me.

9. texas360modena

Dec 15, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    tdf 360 Spider turning off of Post Oak today 'round 2 pm.....beautiful color!

10. Erin

Erin Rookie

Mar 9, 2004
    HA.

Interior re-dye? Is that being done locally? I've been needing to find a local upholstery shop to do a real simple job for me. InnerLoop area is best if anyone knows of one.

11. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Veteran's Trim on Lubbock does all the cool old Jags. They used to do all my convertible tops, back in the day.

12. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Parked a gorgeous 456M GTA last night!!!!!! Honorable mention goes to the NSX I drove as well.

13. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    red 360 spyder, challenge grille, believe its the same guy we keep seeing at that starbucks in highland village......

spotted today 3:30 pm on westheimer heading towards Wesleyan

14. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Got the chance to see and hear Dr. Murphy's Stradale yesterday on my way to dinner. Friends and I stopped by his house to talk to his son and he was pulling out of the driveway.

Beautiful car, Dr.!!

Jason-
    (one of Ryan's friends)

15. texas360modena

Dec 15, 2003
    Milwaukee, WI
    I also saw a red 360 Spider that day at Westheimer and 610 about 11:30 am. I didn't get a glimpse of the grille but it was probably the same car.

16. gfidan

gfidan Guest

Feb 8, 2004
    Hi all,

I'm the editor at WreckedExotics.com. 2 photos have been submitted of this accident. Here's one of them.

17. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Titty Bingo BBQ- Texas style. Carbon's not going to like this.

18. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Spotted Red 360 spyder and black Porsche Gt2 on Westheimer and Bering last night. They both raced from the light, Gt2 wasted him.

19. Maximo_Tifoso

Maximo_Tifoso Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Houston TX
    Yellow Esprit heading out of downtown, car sounded great.

20. Erin

Erin Rookie

Mar 9, 2004
    I saw a yellow 360 modena in the Starbucks/jamba juice parking lot westheimer@post oak sat night

21. Amir

Amir Formula Junior

Feb 15, 2003
    TX
    Most likely my friend Kareem. That's his car, and he's part owner of Elite exotic rental car right by the galleria.

We saw his car today also at the same starbucks, parked in the back.

Anyway, saw most likely the same 360 spyder, red w/challenge grille, flying down Westheimer again going past Post Oak and Sage away from the Galleria, towards Beltway 8.

Earlier in the afternoon about (4:30 pm), I spotted a slate grey Porsche Gt2, with roll cage in the back. Hot car.

Houston has definitely been moving up.....I see at least one Ferrari on the road everyday.

22. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Saw a 512bb at The Houston City Club today, red/tan.

Also saw a platnium/goldish 456 in my neighborhood here in Sugarland.

Nice.

23. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Saw a black Gallardo pulling out of River Oaks Blvd onto Westheimer. Maybe he was going to wash it because it was really dirty.

Not far behind him was a white NSX, of whom the driver eyed my beautiful red NSX.

24. Erin

Erin Rookie

Mar 9, 2004
    I wish I could say I see one a day. Well, I guess I do, but I dont think driving by FofH on the way to work counts :)

25. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I think that counts as twice a day, but you can't see as well from the NB side!