Pics of Tubi Headers for F355 | FerrariChat

Pics of Tubi Headers for F355

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by F355Berlinetta, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hello,
    Does anyone have pictures of the Tubi headers for the F355. Any help will be appreciated. I tried searching with no luck.

Thank you,
    Dan.

2. Diablo

Diablo Formula Junior

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    It says for the F1, is there any reason this would not fit on a standard 6 speed transmission 355?

4. I was hoping someone who bought a set took more detailed pics. Thanks though.

5. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003

Hi I bought and installed a set on my 355.

They do two types one for motronic 2.7 the other for 5.2 (97 on wards)

dont have pics but they are a far far better product than the rubbish ferrari fit! slightly bigger in diameter and very well made.

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    They are not prone the chronic header leaking that the OEM headers are are they? Did you notice any performance changes? Any exhaust tone changes?

7. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    They are not prone to any leakage - fit and forget. Even the challange cars dont have any problems with these!.

Performance changes erm.......... If there is its very small the exhust note is slightly deeper though.

8. Reason I ask is, I've got a fabricator who builds aluminum intercoolers, radiators, turbo kits, etc. who is willing to offer us a few parts if the interest is high enough. Currently my car is at his shop where he's looking into possibly fabricating test pipes, intake, brake cooling ducts, skid plates, headers, etc. Let me know if there are any other parts you guys would like to see. My car is a 1995 so any non-compatible parts with the 5.2M may happen at a later date.

9. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    What do you guys think about Capristo vs. Tubi?

10. yfc

yfc Karting

Dec 23, 2003
    Geneva / Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    @ 355f

Since how long is your F355 equipped with the tubi exhaust system?

Did you change it because the Ferrari one cracked? Or where you looking for ... better performance, nicer sound, ... ?

I guess the tubi has not been installed by your Ferrari dealer ...

By the way, have the new tubi been installed when the engine was off? How long did it took to replace both exhaust collectors?

All information / experience are more than welcome.

Thanks,
    Chris

11. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Hi there

I had them fitted 2 years ago, really because I did not want the potential trouble as I want to keep the car! so just done for reliability really.

They were replaced with engine in situ, the left hand one is easy the right hand one is a bit more difficult as the oil tank is in the way. But it is possible to loosen the engine mounts and 'tilt ' the engine a little which allows replacement without removing radiator or oil tank.

It took 4 hours. I cant attest to any performance gains but for some reason it idles better and gives a deeper sound.

12. yfc

yfc Karting

Dec 23, 2003
    Geneva / Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Christophe
    Hi 355f,

What about the car's services? Are they done by an official Ferrari garage? If yes, did they say anything about the non-Ferrari manifolds?

Before going to tubi, have you considered the Quick-Silver products?

Bye for now,
    Christophe.