Presidential Rolexs | FerrariChat

Presidential Rolexs

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F360@20, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    How much do they cost?

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Start around 20,000 and go up.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Are there different varieties? What types?

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Let's see. For $20k you get the standard pimp model in all gold. For something like $150k you get the grand daddy pimp model with diamond face, bezzel and links on the bracelet.

No class, all flash...

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I guess you should tell the Pope he has no class, since it is the watch the Pope wears.

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    There are a million different types. Final price has no limit.

7. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I hardly think that he spent his own money on it.

He's just trying not to upset the person who gave it to him.

Likewise, I'd drive an SV if someone gave it to me.

:)

8. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    You could feed thousands of starving children with what that costs. the pope should be ashamed of himselves. This also raises another question, whic i will start as a new thread because it will probably be controversial.

9. rennen

rennen Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    New York
    I have a white gold, black face, diamond hour markers, and diamond bezel. Paid around 36k for it.

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    How is the President different from the Day date?

11. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Wow Erik, that was below the belt, but funny. ;)

12. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Of course the Pope has no class - look at that silly hat he wears.

13. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    The watch is called the Day-Date. President refers to the type of band. There made in platinum, white gold, rose gold ,yellow gold versions. Some people may not like Rolex watches because to them they represent "flash", yet they drive a Ferrari. A subtle car. That makes sense. If you own a Ferrari mainly the newer models you attract attention as do some not all Rolex watches, what's the difference?

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    That would be the only way youd get to drive an SV. You better stick with driving that $hitbomb in your profile you call a Ferrari.

I have grown tired of my watch though, how about i trade for your Ferrari, and you give me some change back? Say 5k?

15. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    allanlambo: 1

judge4re: 1

Allan, how much do the gold Presidentials with diamond bezels go for? And how much would you sell yours for?

Thanks.

16. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I don't call it a Ferrari, some factory in northern Italy put that label on it. In our household, its still LRIPOS. Little red italian POS.

Its just a car.

No thanks on the watch. I have a date just. A gift. ;)

17. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I'll still buy him dinner and drinks if he ever makes it all the way over the pacific.

18. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Uppity Rolex boys, my 30 year old automatic Bucherer (Used to be one of the largest dealers of Rolex watches and was one of the watch companies that worked together to develop the quartz movement) day date keeps better time, even if it is stainless steel. Kinda sucks that I have to explain the heritage of the watch to most people though.

19. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Eos,

Speaking of watch heritage, i believe the very first solid-state Quartz DESIGN was back in 1959 from the Far east. This lead to a conjunction of the Swiss Electronic Research Centre (Center Electronique Horloger [C.E.H.]) to develop a Swiss made Quartz movement.

"In 1967, the Centre Electronique Horloger (CEH) in Neuchâtel developed the world first quartz wristwatch - the famous Beta 21." See http://fhs.ch/english/ehistory.php

Seiko, in 1973, introduced the world's first LCD quartz watch with six-digit digital display (06LC).

Hamilton does appear to claim to be the first Quartz wristwatch manufacturer by releasing a model in 1970.

Frankly i don't care (and NOT meaning to cound harsh here). Prefer a mechanical watch personally... or one that uses Nixie tubes :)

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

20. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Allanlambo said: "I guess you should tell the Pope he has no class, since it is the watch the Pope wears."

Don't care about his watch, but I'd be happy to tell him if I ever get the chance.

21. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

Enjoythemusic, I'm well aware of the CEH, which was made up of various Swiss Watch companies. Of which I am told Bucherer was apart. I tried to go and find a list of the companies when I made the post but was only able to find a genric statement of manufacturers. Of course I might as well add that my information on Bucherer being one of them comes from a watchstore in St. Moritz and was confrimed by a wholesaler later, but I may well be wrong.

http://www.si.edu/harcourt/nmah/lemel/Quartz/inventors/swissinvent.html

However I was unaware of the Far East quartz movement, Now you've gone and made me research it, which I'm sure that will take me a few weeks to satisfy.

Besides, my watch is mechanical, not a quartz. And if we really want to get into watch heritage I've got one of the very first automatic wristwatches (Harwood), also in stainless steel :p Thrift stores have been good to me.

22. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Eos,

First, like you enjoy mechanical timepieces and don't care about Quartz (per se). NOT looking to get in some history debate as, frankly, time is too precious to waste on looking it up. The point is not that important in life my friend and you are indeed correct too. The topic is Rolex so will leave it to others to discuss it as i am not a fan of their products.

In the end what REALLY matters is that we all...

Enjoy The Time,

Steven R. Rochlin

23. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I own one but that was funny.

24. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    I have an 18ct day-date presidential had it for 3 years cost equivalent of about $20k,and a F355 dear me I must be a real flash B$$$ard,but as I worked for it all thats up to me.
    Dave McGuire