Were you mischievous as a kid/teen? | FerrariChat

Were you mischievous as a kid/teen?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jonesn, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    I know I was.........good Lord. I had an arguement with a friend about how getting into trouble (to an extent) is perfectly healthy for a kid to develop. For one thing, I know that I'll be 3 steps ahead of my kids when the time comes (in fact, I might even be their accomplice occasionally) :)

I'm not going to post specific acts in fear that the local sheriff still has files open on me.

2. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I NEVER got into trouble.

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    did, do, and will

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Define mischievous...

5. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    You mean you didn't get caught?

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I was a Preacher's Kid. What do you think!?! :D

Actually, I wasn't very bad at all. Sneaking out starting in junior high. I would always have 1-2 drinks at parties junior high and on, but never got drunk until a recruiting trip Senior year high school. I loved the chicks! -but that's not unheard of. I never stole or vandalized anything. I mainly just had a stuborn Type A don't get in my way personality, which hasn't changed at all. :)

7. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    I wasn't too bad as a kid, a little more involved as a teen. Never too out there though and the good sense to get movin before the worst was about to come.

8. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    Part 2b really does it for me.

Main Entry: mis·chie·vous
    Pronunciation: 'mis-ch&-v&s, 'mish-; ÷mis-'chE-vE-&s, mish-
    Function: adjective
    1 : HARMFUL, INJURIOUS <mischievous gossip>
    2 a : able or tending to cause annoyance, trouble, or minor injury
    b : irresponsibly playful <mischievous behavior>
    - mis·chie·vous·ly adverb
    - mis·chie·vous·ness noun
    usage A pronunciation \mis-'chE-vE-&s\ and a consequent spelling mischievious are of long standing: evidence for the spelling goes back to the 16th century. Our pronunciation files contain modern attestations ranging from dialect speakers to Herbert Hoover. But both the pronunciation and the spelling are still considered nonstandard.

9. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    I was the biggest bootlegger on campus in High School selling Vodka, Rum and Jack out of my locker.

the funny thing now is that i hate alcohol LOL

10. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I did however learn a lot when I was a kid like for instance if you drive your friends mother's Doge omni on the beach you will get stuck and if it is 3 in the morning the cops will arrest you.
    If you jump a chevy nova and get all four wheels off the ground the exhaust pipe will fall off when you land.
    If you call your parents after 3A.M. to ask them to pick you up at the police station, which is 40 minutes away, they won't come.

11. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan &quot;Trouble&quot; Jones
    lol Now you're a teacher!

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I dug up the 25 year time capsule (at my high school) and filled the box with Hustler and Penthouse magazines. The unveiling in front of the entire student body and the local news was memorable!

DL

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Are you serious!?!?!?! If so that is one of the funniest ideas I have ever heard.

14. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH

Agreed, I made my mistakes & I'm still alive now. Always better to let someone else fall harder & learn from them.

15. rob

rob F1 Rookie

May 22, 2002
    Vt
    I did get suspended from school for 'driving to endanger' My car was expelled.

16. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan &quot;Trouble&quot; Jones
    Oh damn, good one.

17. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Damm I never thought of that until now... In fact i use to sell to a few select instructors in HS ;)

18. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Im really not a trouble maker...

When I lived in Texas I was THE most popular kid in school. I was the class clown all the way up through 4th grade. Teachers absolutely hated me. When I moved out here to California I had a really difficult time adjusting to the new environment...Never made a lot of friends and really became the kind of guy everyone picked one. That sort of caused me to be much less social. Now Im pretty shy...dont do crazy parties...no drugs...no alcohal...etc. So Ive never really gotten myself into trouble?

Interesting...Out of unnoticeable fear and insecurity, a change in environment can completely change your personality...Glad it happened though. Much happier with myself!

19. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    After placing out of high school chemistry, I joined another in advanced chemistry. Together we build a chemical dye laser and burned holes in cinder blocks (the school walls). We patched the holes with tooth paste.......

Later we mixed up a batch of nitrogen tri-iodide (i still have the recipie). This stuff has a nice jelly like consistency, and has two important properties. 1) is dries to a nice shine, 2) it is a contact explosive. So, we decided to wax the floor of the chem lab with it. When you walk on the floor, little sparks shoot out from under your shoes......

20. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I went through a very similar thing. Through grade school we lived in a smaller Kansas town. Not much competition athletics wise and my mom was principal of the school, so I thought I was king.

6th grade we moved to a larger city in Kansas and I didn't know anyone. The school I went to was VERY clickish and everyone had known each other forever. Being the outsider and being picked on taught me much about being independent, but it wasn't a fun time. Not until I started doing well on the swim team did things turn around again.

College really turned me around. Our swim team was known as having the best parties, so I met many people that way and I also ran a very visible business on campus (legal I might add).

It's really tough on young kids to move schools.

21. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    As a kid, i was the epitome of the "perfect child"... i was so well behaved, most people thought there was a problem...

Things went VERY down hill at about 10 years old and really began to fester when i was 11-12... i stole things like you wouldn't believe... Almost set a bus depot on fire (the empty field near by DID burn to the ground, though)... Was arrested... Several times... Got into fights, drank, smoked, and terrorized the neighborhood (broken windows, flat tires, broken bottles, scratched cars, missing gas caps, etc.)... i spat on people, had a ridiculously foul mouth and by the time i was 13, things just got worse; and that's just the stuff i can remember...! i'd kill myself before ever having to repeat child hood again, but on the same token, i'll never have children, either...

You future parents better watch out... Children/kids/teenagers are VERY dangerous... If i could afford it, i would've already had a vasectomy...

22. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Yes, I was a trouble maker. I was lucky enough to rarely get caught. Never did anything destructive or malicious, just stupid stunts. In high school I was an OK student(spent most of my time focused on girls) but never really partied. Used to raise hell with the local constabulary by riding 4-wheelers through town and enticing them to try to catch us(never did). Also growing up in a small town(2500 population) it didn't take long to figure out the night cops routine. Add to it that you know everybody in a small community so you know the cops aptitude and personality and you have a recipe for trouble. My cronies and I pretty much did the standard kid stunts. Remove hubcaps on police car and add a couple ball bearing while putting them back on. Wait till cop drives off and then stops to listen for the horrible noise and then repeats the procedure a few times. Also, my father was the prinicpal of the high school so I knew that one of the cops duties was to park the car and walk around the building manually checking doors. No fun in warmer months, but in the winter the cop would leave the car running while doing this. We used to wait till the cop was on the other side of the building and then drive the car about a mile to the local park and leave it running with the lights and siren on. Great fun to watch the officer hoof it the car cussing the whole way.

DISCLAIMER:in today's society and modern times you will likely be arrested and/or shot and killed trying any of these things.

Nothing too crazy I guess, just standard kids stuff. Things have changed so much now days. Hell, when I was in high school the rebellious kids just did burn outs leaving the parking lot, they didn't carry guns and knives to school.:)

23. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Me, too! I had four lockers, though. I was untouchable in High School. No one dared be the rat. See, if anybody did rat, they'd face the wrath of all those who enjoyed the benefits.

Also, I was the go-to guy in Graphic Arts class, so when school wanted X number of Passes or whatever printed, "no more, no less" - I printed X+200. Since I had correct pens/colors to match teacher's intitials and the skills to dupe their sigs, I got many a friend out of class which helped them stay out of trouble. Also excellent for bartering.

When I was a Junior, a Freshman friend and I took hupcaps off a Sheriff's car while he was arresting a friend who fought a Math Teacher... this friend was in 8th grade and got kicked out of High School before he was even a H.S. student. Hubcaps are probably still on top of the Woodshop building 28 years later...

My senior year, this is what I did in retaliation for a guy named Kevin writing something inflammatory about me in the main boys restroom, proudly displaying his handiwork and saying he wasn't finished...:
    After printing the school paper, I typed "Kevin _____ sucks" across the top of 12 copies, same spot on each of course - then had one of the guys distribute it in the Art Class, where I knew Kevin was at that very moment. He was livid - came running into the Classroom I was in. I held up the real copy and said, "You do anything, I'll do it to all the papers." The war was over, I won.

After I graduated from High School, the school band decided to hold Marching Band practice on my otherwise quiet street, starting at 7:30 a.m.... a couple of friends and I bombed them with water balloons using - poles, surgical tubing and the upper half of a bleach bottle staked into a pickup's bed - to launch said water balloons from 120 yards away in an alley with the spotter on a rooftop behind the band - he claims to have taken the boom out of the bass drum with a pellet gun (unverified). Band never marched on our street again and the neighbors, young and old alike, lived happily ever after.

24. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    You're kidding, right?

25. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...! i mean, for a 12 year old, in a grocery store... The things i said made grown men blush... The things i said to other people were just horrendous... Actually, (here's something not so vulgar) after i posted, i remembered being a freshman in high school... My biology teacher was a real pain in the ass and one day she said something that just got on my nerves and i couldn't take it anymore... So i went ahead and told her to check under her car before she started before she left at the end of the day, that day... The **** storm that ensued both at the school and at home was not one to sneeze at... LOL, damn, i was a terror...