575M, Bentley GT Coupe, or Ford GT? | FerrariChat

575M, Bentley GT Coupe, or Ford GT?

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by the stranger, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. the stranger

the stranger Karting

Feb 18, 2004
    I have a deposit on a Bentley GT Coupe which won't be here for another year so I have time to entertain the idea. I realize this is like comparing apples to oranges to assault weapons, but I'd love to hear your opinions anyway. I understand the 575M will be replaced in the next few years, but after seeing the 456M replacement, I'm not expecting much from a successor. Thanks in advance for the input.

2. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    What other cars do you own? If you are looking for a daily driver, the Bentley or 575 would be the best choices. If you have a good daily driver and you're looking for something to make your hair stand, get the Ford GT. BUT...and this is a big but...who knows for sure how the production Ford GT's will perform. The pre-production cars are absolute hell-on-wheels, but you never know what the actual car will be like. If you want the Ford GT, get on a list somewhere and watch the production tests carefully before taking delivery of the car.

If you already have an exotic sports car, I think the Bentley would be a great choice. For me, that would be my choice, given I have the exotic sports car need fulfilled already.

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Ford GT, if you can find one.

I'm still wrestling with whether I would get a Bentley or the new Aston DB9.

4. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004
    Get your deposit back from the Bentley... sleepy looking little car IMO.

575 is an awesome car that will behave itself, or show you who's the boss depending on how you drive it. Resale will be comparable to the Testa vs. 512M... given that there is little change from the 550.

If you want a car that will be an electrifying drive, go for the GT. The car will appreciate quite a bit too given the current production numbers...

If I had ridiculous amounts of money and didn't care about resale/appreciation- I'd go 575. It IS a FERRARI forum after all. ;)

Good luck with whichever you choose.

Nick

5. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    It depends where you live.

Where I live.........SNOWBELT country, I would take the Bentley....AWD. I reserve my Ferraris for the summer months.

I hope to get the Bentley, but will wait 2 years, and buy a used one. That way it will be depreciated down to $50K-60K!!!!!!!! Why loose ALL that money up front?

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    ha! you wish... I feel like these aren't going to drop that low for a WHILE. They'll probably sell at 200K + for at least 3-6 months.

7. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    zjpj: You are probably right........they will sell for $200K for 3-6 months, but, I stated 2 years. Look what happened to the 456 prices!!!!!!!!!!!!..........AND the 550s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I'll dream on with you :) and when we find two for $50K, I'm sold

9. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    zjpj: If I find one, then I will find two.....one for me, and one for you. HAHA I may have to wait 3 years..........NO hurry.

The nice thing is, that where I live, I can buy a 20 year old Ferrari, and STILL be the first on the block!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

DAMN! I want to live where you live. Where I live it seems like a company announces a new model will come out, and my neighbors already have it. One of my neighbors bought an E39M5 for 17K over sticker! Another one paid 22K over sticker on the 996TT when they came out.

11. Bart

Bart Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Orange County, Calif
    Full Name:
    Bart
    A Ferrari not being good enough.

What is this crap?

12. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    575 without question.

Bentley is a great luxury GT but it's too heavy to drive like a sports car

GT is a great sports car but would not be too much good at the GT role.

575 can do both extremely well

13. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    You'd take a 575 over a Ford GT?

14. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    As much I love the looks and the price of the Ford GT , I would still go for a 575M (with the GTC handling package).

15. VS1

VS1 Karting

Oct 16, 2002
    Beavercreek, OH
    Full Name:
    Vishal Soin
    We've found price on the Ford GT to be a big issue with that car. With a still unspecified production number [somewhere b/w 1500-3500 cars - a big range], not sure who is paying the big premiums for these. Went to place a deposit with our local Ford dealer [they have at least 1 coming in - and it's currently an unsold production slot]. He started saying it'll be at least $2 bills, so how much are we willing to pay. I said I'm not one who would pay that kind of premium for the other F-car [i.e. Ferrari]. With a sticker price of $139.5K and for an unsold production slot, told him I'll pay $139.5K and then I walked out.

I've heard sticker plus $10K - but $200+???? For a Ford???

Now, back to the topic at hand. While I love the 575 - I'd get the Bentley. If you are going to use the car regularly, the Bentley will be much more driveable and comfortable a car. Just my $.02.

16. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    My thoughts exactly - daily driver = 575, fun weekend car = GT. Now, if you are worried about depreciation cost etc. Get a 2 year old 550/575 thats been taken care of (probably $150-175 range)..