"There is only one Ferrari, and this isn't it" | FerrariChat

"There is only one Ferrari, and this isn't it"

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by t88power, Nov 17, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
  2. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    Ture there is only "one Ferrari" but
    quite a good review!

3. GDautosport

GDautosport Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    NJ
  4. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    nice video of the lambo.

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    There is only one Ferrari and its not anywhere to be found on the list of fastest Top Gear road course times! lol

Murcielago, what an awesome car! Isnt it great when you have a car that beats cars costing many many thousands more, rather than having a car that gets beat by cars costing many many thousands less...ala Ferrari 360?lol

6. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Stupid comment... there's plenty of cars cheaper than the Ferrari 360 that can stomp a Murcielago. So, who's more stupid... the person who paid $100K too much for a 360, or the person who paid $200K too much for a Murcielago?

(I say neither... but the point is your argument, if valid at all, is even more valid for the Murcielago than it is for the 360.)

Sheesh... c'mon Allan, I thought we were past that broken line of reasoning!

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Sorry, we're talking stock U.S. production cars. Nothing in that price range will stomp a Murcielago. The Z06 will stomp a 360.

8. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Allan, I just posted a video. Calm down. It's JUST A VIDEO!! LOL...

Ernesto

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ernesto Great post! I posted the same vid several hours earlier in other Italian.

Im chill buddy! Im not the one in the 360! lol

10. Jeru

Jeru Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    your on the wrong board, And I like many others I am sick of you trying to start **** on every thread.
    Get a life, we all know you have a Lambo, We all know you love it. Why come to a Ferrari board and make anti Ferrari comments all the time. Mommy and Daddy didn't give you enough attention? I see no reason why you couldnt post here all the time and not be a flaming jackass.

Does Lambo pay you a commission for every Ferrari guy you convert?
    You should check your NOS tank for leaks, Sounds to me like it has caused you a little brain damage?

11. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Ahhhh Jeru got his panties ruffled.lol

12. Jeru

Jeru Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Just fed up with your stupidity and anti Ferrari comments on every thread. Over 1000 useless posts and counting. You really need to get a life man. Or find a Lambo board and stop wasting everyones time. Tell your wife to post here, at least she probably likes Ferrari's.

I mean, come on man, Are you really that much of a loser that you need to argue with people over the internet for kicks? Go drive your car or somthing. Im sure in Maui there are plenty of people who you can brag about your Lambo to. Or have you already pissed off the whole island?

13. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Every board has an allanlambo, altho I admit ours is more annoying than most. Try to ignore him, he's just looking for a little attention. If the guy had any friends or some kind of life he wouldn't be trolling here so much. He's pathetic.

14. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Wrong, overstated, irrelevant, and stupid.
    It appears the old Allan is returning.
    At this rate, you'll be the first in my IGNORE list by week end.
    Congrats!

15. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    It would be great if we had a place called Ferrarichat where Ferrari enthusiasts could gather and talk about (lets say) Ferraris!

Would it not be even greater if those who wanted to talk about (say)Lamborghinis had a place like (say) Lamborghini-chat where they could extole the virtues of Lamborghinis!

And to increase the feeling of togetheness, those who wanted to extole the virtues of their favorite steed would stay in the appropriate forum!

In case you cant pick it out due to a skull thickness issue, Ellen, this means you.

16. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Please you guys are the pathetic ones. As soon as someone contradicts Ferraris you go ballistic. I could care less. When i posted a video in which the Lambo destroyed the 550, i got blasted for saying "bye bye Ferrari". Now here, you guys post the same kind of comments, but towrds Lamborghini and thats ok.

And yes, A Z06 will out accelerate and out handle a 360. For 1/3 the cost.

Just like you guys compare Murci's to cars like the Enzo that cost 3x as much and it loses, the 360 loses to cars costing 1/3 AS MUCH!

17. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    who is that mystery driver supposed to be? do they ever reveal that guy or what?

it's nice to see a bit of rivalry going on. it's no fun when everyone is buddy buddy with each other and no one has incentive to improve on their own designs. so the lambo is a better car than a 360, i'm sure ferrari won't stand for it and they'll design something to beat the gallardo. especially since the ford gt beats out the 360 too.
    seems like no matter what lambo does they won't better ferrari just because of the history, at least that's the impression i get when watching top gear.

18. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    No what you want is a Ferrari forum, where you can bash every other car, not only Lamborghini's, but Porsche,Lotus,Nsx etc and constantly try to convince yourselves that Ferrari is the best, without anyone contradicting you. Unfortunately for you, its not.

19. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Allan what are you babbling on about. Are you saying that the Murci beats cars costing many thousands more? Which ones? Or the Gallardo beats cars costing many thousands more? Which ones? Give examples man otherwise you dont make a lot of sense.

Actually, i really like the Gallardo in the video. It is more car than a 360. However, I would expect that a recently released car (Gallardo) will beat or be more car than a similarly priced car released 5 years ago (360). Having said that, I would still take a 360 even if the Lambo is 0.3 seconds faster to 60 and 9 mph faster. Simply for the intangibles and the beauty and the heritage and stuff you cant write down. However, I would not say no to a Lambo - it is a great car. It sounds pretty good too.

20. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Allan, as a matter of interest, is there an equivalent troll to you on Lambochat? Or is Lambochat just so boring that you have to be here?

No one bashed the Lambo here (read the thread). They just said it wasn't a Ferrari - which is true - and what the reviewer also said. And you know what, if it makes you feel better - I'll say it - the Ferrari is also not a Lamborghini. Hope that makes you feel better.

21. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Did you not watch the video? The Murci has the top track time, faster than the Zonda and the Koenigsegg, which are $500,000+ cars. I belive the Koenigsegg is close to 1,000,000.

22. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

Yes, it makes me feel good to be the resident Ferrari owning troll! lol

23. whimike

whimike Karting

Jul 26, 2003
    Los Gatos, CA
    "And yes, A Z06 will out accelerate and out handle a 360. For 1/3 the cost."

So what?

A Porsche GT2 will out accelerate and out handle a Murci for about $100k less. I would still much prefer the Murci. Just as I would much prefer a 360 over a Z06.

So, what exactly is the point here?

I have extensive experience in both the Z06 and the 360. While the Z06 is faster and by numbers can handle better, the 360 is far superior in all "real" aspects of driving. The Z06 is floaty, irregular road surfaces destroys its handling, it inspires little confidence. Having said that, it is a blast to drive. But, the 360 is just leaps and bounds above it, as it should be for the price. Anybody that has spent any amout of time in both clearly knows why one costs 1/3 of the other.

-- Michael

24. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Yes I did.. Did you? The Zonda was 1:23 2 seconds faster than the Gallardo and the Koeniggseg (sp) was also faster. Look where he puts the Gallardo on the totem pole - just under the Noble which was also faster - at 1:25 - than the Lambo.

It did however beat the GT3 by over a second - a car that costs $70K less than the Lambo. Impressive.

25. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Im sorry, but a Gt2 Porsche, that is stock, is not faster than a Murcielago.

Rodsky, we were talking about the Murcielago.
    As for the Gallardo, yes, it beat a GT3 which costs 70,000 less! The idea is, IT BEAT IT! The 360 will LOSE to the GT3.

The Murcielago, beat the Zonda and Koenigsegg. The Gallardo did not.