F***ing, F****ing Speed bumps. | FerrariChat

F***ing, F****ing Speed bumps.

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by chaa, Mar 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Why is it that no matter how slow (1mph) i go over F***ing speed bumps(the square type) in my 355 i always hit them with either a F***ing crash or a F***ing B****rd scrape. Drove it tonight and went down a road that i did not know and had cars behind me so was traped, went realy slow over them but BANG! When this happens i am so angry i accelerate hard between them just to get to the next one to try to get over it before another traffic jam builds up behine me.Is it possible to claim for dammage even though i would be claiming every week?Has any one done this? If not i need to find the people responsible for makeing the B****rd things so high, so i can vent my splene all over theres. F***ing, F***ing, F***ing, B*****D speed bumps!!!!! Had to get that of my chest. New front skid plates worked though but the under of the cars scrappy. B*****rd!!

2. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Chaa,

I feel the same way. I have the fiorano pack on my car and it is 1inch lower than std. I have learned how to deal with roads a little better (check this thread http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3063) but it still happens and it is infuriating.

Philip

3. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Chaa

You need some anger management mate!

I know how you feel though. My inlaws are surrounded by speed bumps. I took the car round the day and sure enough scraped the bottom. I ended setting the suspension to hard setting to stop the bounce. Seemed to help.

4. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    go to www.abd.org.uk/speed_humps.htm .....there is some interesting stuff on there, including the relevant standards for design, height etc......max height i think should be 100 mm.......i am all for the suggestion within, that we should all blast our horns whilst negotiating the b@st@rd things.
    regards, d

5. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Hate the damn things too. I go over them as slowly as possible, don't give a **** if I cause a traffic jam, stuff'em.

Someone surely has claimed off the council or something/one ?

6. 355BOY

355BOY Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    the North
    Full Name:
    Mark
  7. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    hopefully you are at least going over them at an angle

8. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I approach them v slowly in the middle of the road so that the wheels are on the outside edge of each of the speed cushions; this means that nothing is going under the car. Not possible with single ramps thought, but going at an angle should help.

I cause traffic jams, but who cares? Isn't the whole point of them to make traffic go slowly?? Besides, you can soon lose your traffic jam once you're over the ramps...

Robert.

9. jimmyv

jimmyv Guest

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    2 of my wheels got damged driving over potholes, i claimed this of the local
    council.

It took 3 months but finally the settled paying for 4 new wheels & tires.

I do not see why speed humps are any different

10. F308 MAN

F308 MAN F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Isle of Man
    Full Name:
    Dave S
    me again, sorry.....my pal came off his bike on a new section of cable layers tarmac, in the road......he succesfully sued the local highways board because the black tar/bitumen stuff they use to seal the joints (between old and new surface), was an inch too wide.
    if you were to refer to the web site i quoted above, there are details within of minimum and maximum permitted heights of these humps.
    any problems, sue the b@st@rds !

11. Izza

Izza Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    London
    Barnet council getting rid of theirs - they hold up ambulances and thus cause more deaths than they prevented.

All we need is someone to sue for any suffering due to delayed ambulances and all the other councils would follow suit. As such, we need someone to suffer a minor misfortune and we can club together to cover legal fees.

Any volunteers ? Stewart you keep getting knocked off your pedal bike - how about falling under another bumper for the communal good?

12. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    Are you still having this problem chaa ??????????

13. brokenarrow

brokenarrow F1 Rookie

Sep 25, 2006
    Txass
    Full Name:
    Bill
    In my 997S it too is very low. I will actually open my door and look under it as I approach the bump or get out if my head is at risk of being bumped. If someone honks, I wave them around. If they don't like it, tough sht. I'll back up and return from where I've come. Sure a few people honk. Who cares. Where's everyone going in such a hurry. I'm not messing up my baby so you can park ten feet closer to dunkin dougnuts.

14. radioman

radioman Karting
    BANNED

Sep 25, 2004
    UK
    Full Name:
    CHRIS
    I feel for you! i too think that we ,who drive low sports cars, are discriminated against when we try to negotiate roads with f*~king speed bumps in them, so, as a protest i sound my horn whenever i have to negotiate a speed bump and i keep the horn going untill i am clear of the dam thing, .....people say that what about the folks living near them, well, its partly their fault for campaigning for them in the fisrt place.... so if well all do it maybe just maybe someone will change their minds, I know in my local council some of the councilers have voiced their anger against them, it might just be that some ofthe local councils are rethinking the strategy regarding speed bumps.