Testarossa Coincedence??? | FerrariChat

Testarossa Coincedence???

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by The Mad Hatter, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    This is too strange. Yesterday, while discussing wheel choices for the Testarossa Jim Shaud (I belive) posted a picture of a 1991 Testarossa with super nice rims. I then replied saying how nice the wheels looked on that black beast. All the time though, I was thinking to myself that I had seen that exact picture (the one below here) somewhere before...fast forward to this morning: I show up for work and start the day with my ritualistic 30 minutes of Ebay surfing when lo and behold, there is that exact picture announcing the auction of that exact car. Now, I know what you are thinking: Just a coincendence. But this exact car was up for auction around 30 days ago with the exact same listing (in fact, the milage typo, which says the car has 4100 miles when it really has 41000 miles is STILL there???) I spoke with the seller way back then when I was "in-da-market" and he indicated that the car was actually that of Santana's (the music guru) son down in Miami. Is anyone familiar with this TR and/or with the individual selling the vehicle as he says he is a Jaguar shop owner in Boston? The Ebay item number is Item number: 2467559258 and I would be curious to know if this is legit??? Thanks from a rookie ;-)

Cheers,
    Travis

2. The Mad Hatter

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    #2 The Mad Hatter, Mar 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. The Mad Hatter

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    I figured I would waste a dime and call Shelton Ferrari in Ft. Lauderdale Florida to check on the service history (which is listed in this ebay add) and they have absolutely NO record of this TR at all...has anyone even heard of The Collection or Ferrabenz which don't seem to show up anywhere in any phone listings???

Cheers,
    Travis

4. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    another alter-ego Ferrari "owner?"

5. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I got that pic off of ebay about 6 or 9 months ago when it was for sale the first time. 41K miles yes. They wanted too much for it so it went away only to resurface on ebay about 2 months later and some of the details had changed. Can't remember them exactly, but I just got a fishy feeling about the car even though I was not looking.

6. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

the ad looks the same as what I saw a few months back. First time on ebay said 41000 miles, second time said 4100, now it says 4100. Is that another typo or can they revive their old ad which would include the old text? Just seems odd they would mess up twice unless same ad or deliberate.
    Who knows.