Vegas Ferrari | FerrariChat

Vegas Ferrari

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Enzo, Mar 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    #1 Enzo, Mar 15, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Last weekend while taking a little break from the chaos of moving and general day to day life my wife and I visited Las Vegas. On Friday we decided that since we are moving and that is going to push my f-car purchase further back than anticipated we would go ahead and rent one and take a ride out to Hoover Dam. We rented a 1995 348 spider red/tan. Like I was told that they scare the hell out of you when signing all the paperwork. Nervously we jumped in the 348 and entered out onto the strip looking for the 1st street to get off and head on our way to the dam. It took about 15 or 20 minutes to calm down before I felt entirely comfortable with the car. After that it was a delight to every sense that was available. The smells and sounds that came from behind were out of this world. I never could understand when I have read on the board about people not listening to the radio. This radio sat untouched for over 3 hours until my wife asked “don’t these even have a radio with them?” Driving the strip in this car was a great expirence to have every single person that could see was looking at this car. Out of the four days we were in Vegas I only saw this 348 and the others that the rental car place had to offer. This quick day in a rented Ferrari created another life long Ferrari-Fan.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    The last 4 pictures were from the Imperial Palace car show.

3. kenster888

kenster888 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Massachusetts
    Pat: You will get your Ferrari one day....count on it. Any more pictures?

4. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Ken

I do have video of it but I need to download it into the computer tonight. And like you said i will get one someday. Even my wife liked driving around in it although she didn't want to drive it.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hehe, sounds and looks familiar. I mounted my camcorder on the front window and taped the whole drive.

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Sounds like you had fun, now the problem is the TEMPTATION !!!

7. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    tifosi12 I think I saw a picture of you in their offices. It was one of you (maybe) standing by the 348 with a rocky background to it. And just like you said they sorta scare you when you pick it up and then when you return it they just casually walk around it check the mileage and that is that. Thanks for the recommendation.

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    My pleasure. Great somebody else used this golden opportunity.

I don't think that is a picture of me in their office. I rarely put myself in the picture with the car. For aesthetic reasons...
    :)

Have they added a 360 to their garage? If they do, that would be a reason for me to fly to Vegas again. Experiencing different Ferraris is to me one of the best things in life and so far nobody has offered me their 360 keys.
    :(

9. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    They did have a 360. Someone smashed it though so now all they have is 3 348 spiders (red/tan all 3) and a yellow/black 355 spider. I asked about the 360 and they said some guy had rented it for an entire week and returned it with only 30 miles driven. What a nutjob to have rented something like that for a week and only driven it 30 miles. Maybe a music video or something.

10. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Patrick,

Congrats! I to rented while in Vegas in August 02. It's a pretty easy
    process wouldn't you agree? An the people along the Strip do go nuts!
    A year and a half later I still get an adrenaline rush when I reflect on
    the experience. I intend to begin the buying process next Winter

Chuck

11. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    People on the strip do go nuts. They start walking into trash bins and husbands start to yank on their wives arms going "look at the Ferrari" and if you are quick enough you can see the wives smacking them for messing up the outfits. On the way back from the Hoover dam we took the boulder hwy and in Boulder City we passed a group of 7-8 kids who cheered as we drove by. That brought a smile to both of our faces.

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yup, definitely rock star feeling while driving up and down the strip, I agree.

OTOH I have to admit, that later on while walking on the strip a Diablo came flying by and I run after it trying to snatch a picture. Admissions by a Tifosi...

13. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    I was surprised that I didn't see any other cars down there beside the lone Viper here and there.

14. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    Out of sheeer curiosity what is the price to rent one of these guys? Im sure it is quite a blast!

Kyle

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Depends on how long you rent it and what vehicle it is. For the minium of 4 hours it is like 400+. That is actually a very good deal. Most other rental places charge you twice to three times that just to get started.

16. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Kyle,

Dream Car Rentals:

348 - $350 5 hrs ( + $1.00 per mile after 75 free miles )
    348 - $500 24 hrs ( + $1.00 per mile after 75 free miles )

355 - $500 5 hrs ( + $1.00 per mile after 75 free miles )
    355 - $750 24 hrs ( + $1.00 per mile after 75 free miles )

They did have a 360 Modena in the Spring/early Summer
    of 02, for $ 1000.00/1500.00 5/24 hrs. respective. But it got
    totaled. I understand everyone walked away from the crash.
    But I was told by the guy at this rental company that the car
    was WAY beyond repair.

This is a must "TO DO" at least once in your lifetime.

WARNING: You will never be the same!

Chuck

17. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    its leg is choped off!!!!11

18. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    i didn't even notice that. I suppose after 40,000 miles of renting it has seen its share of abuse

19. MarkG

MarkG Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Colorado Springs
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Stories about reactions on The Strip are true.....even driving my lowly 308 down the strip drew a suprising amount of attention.

20. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Looks like you had alot of fun. Im sure its more fun to drive a FCar than it is to Gamble. Also love that pic of the XJ-220.

21. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini

Yeah I'm not much of a gambler so that was my gambling for the weekend. It was the first F-car I had ever driven in or actually driven so it was quite the time. I would do it again in a heartbeat but I suppose it would be better to start putting the money away now and saving for my own.

The XJ-220 was a pretty cool looking car although it didn't grab me in the same way as the 2 other Ferraris at that show.

22. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    maybe I should start renting here in Miami as well.

23. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    It might be a gold mine for you Martin. The place in Vegas makes you carry your own insurance for the rental. They had 3 348's and a 355 and a bunch of other stuff like Vipers, Prowlers & some Hummers.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I'd be your first customer!
    But it has to be different kind of Ferraris. Like 360 or 308 GT/4. From one extreme to the other, hehe.

25. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    That is actually a great idea. If they would have had an older 308 or something like that I would have rented that on another day.