360 now available for rental in NYC/NJ/CT | FerrariChat

360 now available for rental in NYC/NJ/CT

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by noahlh, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Fellow tristate-area fchatters,

It is with great pleasure (and with Rob's permission!) that I announce the launch of Gotham Dream Cars -- New York's newest exotic rental company.

I founded the company out of frustration with the lack of a place to rent _real_ exotic cars in the area (plenty of Hummers, BMWs, and Boxsters out there, but not enough F-cars or Lambos!)

My recent acquisition -- a Rosso Corsa / Black 360 F1 -- is the first member of our fleet, and is available immediately. It's a stunning car, and I guarantee after a day behind the wheel, you'll be a changed person. :)

As a thank-you to all the fchatters for your advice, insight, and info over the past year, I'd like to offer everyone here a 10% discount on our rates through the month of April.

Our rates for the 360 are as follows:

-- Mid-week test drive: 3 hours for $450, avail Mon - Thu (Normally $495)
    -- One-day rental: $1755 (normally $1950)
    -- Two-day rental: $3105 (normally $3450)
    -- Long Weekend (Thu night -> Sun night): $4455 (normally $4950).

Delivery is available anywhere in the tri-state area. Just tell us where and when, and we'll drop the car off pristinely detailed (by Technik1), gassed up, and ready to go. A free EZPass, your choice of music, and 24/7 roadside assistance are standard with every rental.

For plenty more info, pictures of the car, and why we're different and better than every other rental company in the area, check out our brand-spanking-new website or call us:

www.gothamdreamcars.com

212.957.4400 or toll-free at 877.2.GOTHAM.

Noah Lehmann-Haupt
    President, Gotham Dream Cars

ps -- if anyone has any questions, please ask here and I'll do my best to answer them...

2. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    This weekend is supposed to be beautiful, so we're offering a really great "grand opening" special to whoever decides to be our first customer:

This weekend only, the 360 is available for **5** days for the price of a long weekend. You can enjoy the car from March 18th through March 22nd (all day Thursday through Monday) for $4455.

That's $891 / day, which is quite cheap for this car.

--Noah

3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    good luck with your new venture.

4. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    Congrads on geting up and running! Welcome to the wacky world of Exotic Car Rentals.

mike

5. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    congrats noah we got to hook up soon.

6. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    question, what's the mileage for 3 hr rental? still 100 miles as day rental? what's the cost for additional miles?

7. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Thanks guys -- very much appreciate the well-wishes! Now someone just fix the weather please...:)

In particular, thank you Mike for the advice and suggestions. You certainly know your stuff, and I hope that Dream Cars Unlimited continues to rock.

--Noah

8. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Ahh very good question...I knew I forgot to add something.

3-hour rental includes 50 miles, and additional miles are $2 (same rate).

--Noah

9. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Do you guys only have a 360 because when I clicked the fleet that is the only one that showed up as available. Do you guys have multiple 360's or just one and do you guys offer any other vehicles?

10. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Right now, we have just the one 360 coupe.

This summer, we're planning on adding a 360 spider and a Gallardo.

--Noah

11. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    3 HOURS FOR A 360.

450.00 AND ONLY 50 MILES ALLOWED???

12. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I take it that when you state you have the right to remotely disable the car, the car is gps equipped and contains a tracking unit.....HEY, There are alot of people that will not heed your speed restrictions, so I dont blame you...Neet way to keep an eye on your clients doings! Good Luck. I will pass the word onto my Friends.

13. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I would like to give you praise on your website. It looks stunning :)

14. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Bruce
    Lets see.
    A. Carbon rents a 360. 7k (milage and long weekend.) B&B extra.
    B. He goes to your house for weekend. Food free. Board free. Free use of TR.
    Seems like a no brainer...

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    ROTFLMAO...!

i can't even comment on that... :)

16. Johns

Johns Guest

Nov 2, 2003
    nj/nyc
    Full Name:
    Johnny East
    im 23, anyway to let the 2yr difference slide:D

17. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    About time, Congrats! i talked with you in morristown at the ferrari show on the guys lawn. Finally got everything working, site looks great! drop me an email, we're getting together next weekend if the cars not rented you can come out and stretch its legs!

18. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Yes, that's correct. I think if you look around and take the operating cost, depreciation, and insurance costs of this car into account, you'll find that rate is very competitive.

Most places only offer 50 - 100 miles free per DAY, much less for a 3-hour rental. The one place I know that offers hourly rentals (Dream Car Rentals in Vegas) charged $1100 for 5-hours and included 75 miles free, but I just called them and they don't even have the 360 anymore :(

I hope that explains things a bit better.

--Noah

19. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Thanks!

Yes, we do indeed have a very cool little GPS device installed in the car, however, it does NOT track vehicle speed and will NOT shut the car off for going too fast -- it's only used in case of theft or if the car goes somewhere it shouldn't (i.e. a track).

Obviously we can't give permission for people to break the speed limit, but we're not going to actively stop you from doing it. :)

--Noah

20. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    Hubert -- thank you very much for the compliment. I worked pretty damn hard on that site, so I'm glad at least someone other than me thinks it looks good! ;)

Alas, you've made a good point. I cannot compete with "free". :)

--Noah

21. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Congratulations, Noah. I'll be sure to rent one soon! Want to be a ROE Sponsor? For you...50 and your on the T. :eek:)

22. djs308

djs308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 2, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Noah, congratulations on your new venture. Good luck with it. Yeah, it's been very disappointing to not find a good place to rent a Ferrari in the tri-state area...until now!

My question though is, do you have any plans to add other Ferraris to the fleet, such as a testarossa or a 3x8?

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Noah,

Congratulations on getting the site up and running as I know you've put a lot of hard word into it. I think it looks stunning, and I look forward to the addition of all those lovely exotics anticipated to complement the 360 Coupe in the near- to medium-term.

For those that are contemplating renting a Ferrari from Noah, I would strongly endorse it. Although I have known Noah only a short while, I find him to be an exceedingly honest individual who operates completely aboveboard. Equally important, I know he's spent a lot of time focusing on the "little things," which when added up, ensure that your experience with Gotham Dream Cars will probably be a lot different than what other exotic rental car companies currently offer.

I wish you the best Noah, and look forward to celebrating your business success' with you.

Vik.

24. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    can't comment on your price but i am sure it is competitive.
    although, rich ppl is gonna have their own Ferrari to rip. poor ppl prolly won't afford the rate anyway, so it kinda falls in the grey area :)

for me personally, i think the day rate or hour rate isn't bad at all, but the mileage is kinda little.

25. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I agree with Vik 100%. Noah seems to be a good guy to do business with. And he's not just business with cars; he loves them.