in case you thought there was room for negotiation w/ aq... | FerrariChat

in case you thought there was room for negotiation w/ aq...

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ross, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
  2. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

that is just nuts. How DO you deal with it?

....Can't ignore them.
    ....If you persecute them (all muslims) that isn't good and they will retaliate and you become what they say you are....trying to eradicate Islam.

So how do you only get the bad ones which, as said before have nothing to bomb or attack and no country to hold responsible?

Is it a matter of "re-educating" an entire generation? Or do we just pull out of all foreign affairs?

3. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    Ross,

I don't think anybody here as advocated negotiation or appeasment with Al Qada.

The article you refer to is not al qada but a group of pissed off Muslams in France.

4. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I particularly like this quote from French president Jacque "Iraq" Chirac:

"The international community must stick together to fight terrorism, with all its might and without stopping."

5. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    I prefer a 63 gr Hollow point boat tail at 4000 ft/sec

But I don't think we are that far apart.

6. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    callahan, actually art and a few others in one of those other threads have said that if we give them what they want they will leave us alone - this article shows this is not the case.

this particular threat is made in the name of a splinter group of al queda, according to their top terrorism expert, brisard.

7. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    The thing that gets me is that "moderate" Muslims constantly carp that these are a handful of wacked extremists. But, however isolated from the "mainstream" of Islamic belief, these extremists, under any label, all seem to want the same thing: total acceptance of their belief system without tolerance for anything else; annihilation of the Western way of living. Whether a result of Wahhabism, or radicalized political hostility to the West (same thing?), there is no room for common ground here. Those that speak of reason, and accomodation, do not reflect the hardcore that have pledged our destruction.
    Look at the enormous accomodation given to another, far more "acceptable" terrorist, Arafat. Where has accomodation gotten anybody with him? It certainly hasn't improved the lot of the Palestinian people. And, although it has lined Arafat's pockets, and allowed him to rewrite his own history, it has not changed the political or religious strife that is a part of life in the mideast.This is due to the fact that, at bottom, Arafat has no room for any future other than total obliteration of the State of Israel.
    Is the West's confrontation with Arab extremists any different? The French just prove the point.

8. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    If you go back just a few years, Begin and the other Founding Fathers of Israel were considered terrorists. Remember, they blew up the King David Hotel killing hundreds of Brits. The Queen refuses to visit to this day.

Bob

9. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Funny how he does NOT want to practice what he preaches.

10. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I was thinking more along the lines of a 2000lb JDAM.

11. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    The 1 in 9 twist overstabilizes the round and drills nice clean holes through them. A 1 in 12 twist allows the round to enter and start tumbling, creating larger exit wounds.

12. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

are you a freaking assassin/sniper? if so I bet you have some interesting stories. I watched Navy Seals with Charlie Sheen the other day and I bet real seal types laugh so hard at that movie. Well just about any feel good military movie is a joke.....

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Something tells me with a name like Frogman he must himself be a SEAL. Some of the only seamen I actually like.

Getting back to topic. You cant ignore these fu*ks. And if you cant ignore them but yet you still dont want to hear them you should just kill them all. Thats the only thing they understand.

14. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    An interesting incident from my past. Remember Waco? Well, while the Waco fiasco was going on, our astronomy group went on our annual spring pilgrimage to San Saba (30 miles from Waco). As it might happen, astronomers need things to do durring the daylight hours. It just so happens that all but one of our group is also into--drum roll--guns.

Well, anyway, back to the story;

On satruday afternoon, we went to the little pond-like lake on the ranch, and between 6 of us, shot off; 2000 rounds of 223, 900 rounds of 45 ACP, 200 rounds of shotgun shells, 7 boxes of clay pigeons, and numerous 30-30 boxes, and a case of 22 long rifle (1000 shots). One of our group was into making his own dynamite, so we ended up with 30 sticks of it (M250, M500, M750) to blow up rocks and the like. Good clean fun for a whole afternoon.

Then we spend all night looking at stars........repeat on sunday.

On the drvie back on monday, we stopped in a little diner just south of San Saba. This was around 11:10. Then news was doing its hourly thing about Waco, one of the reporters was saying how it is simply impossible for a small group of people to NEED 2000 rounds of <one kind of ammo or another>. We looked at each other and laughed. 20 minutes later as we were eating, the fire started..............

Thanks for the gunsmith lead.

15. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    That is the greatest F-chat opinion rebuttle ever, I am laughing at my monitor right now. How the **** do you post a comeback to that? Debate over.

It's like Michael Schumacher showed up on the board and goes "Well when I drove the 575M and the Murciealgo in competition at Le Mans over the summer I found the Murci to be the superior car. That's just my opinion."

LOL!!!

16. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Ross,

Without even doing a search through the threads, I am 99.9% sure that neither Art (nor anyone else) ever suggested giving Al-Queda "what they want" as a means to get them to leave us alone. Considering what's at stake these days, that's a libelous statement. No one would suggest appeasing the terrorists.

17. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    You are right, I was thinking about the FMJ bullets that do not fragment--brain fart--not the hollow points.

And the single most important item concerning consistant accuracy? Practice!

18. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

"Security Consultant supporting Allied operations in the prosecution of the Global War on Terrorism"

now that's an ambiguous, all encompassing title.....pretty much do anything you want!

I know 2 guys who used to be seals. You would never know it. Both pretty low key, but you can tell they know something you don't.

19. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

well I didn't mean YOU could do what you want, but rather that THE MAN can utilize you in various ways. "today we shoot a dictator, tomorrow we clear some mines, this weekend we look for terrorists at the strip club"

also, if you have top secret clearance should you be telling us anything? no details I know, but you wanted to protect your identity yet you have a username and sign your posts "B", you have a logged IP address and we know the gist of your job.

20. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Bob: Based on my sketchy understanding, the hotel was being used as a military headquarters for the British Command, which had been compromising Israeli intelligence efforts in other countries and had confiscated a huge number of documents which were located at the hotel. The hotel was blown up, according to Jewish sources, only after repeated warnings to evacuate it and avoid civilian or military casualties. The British have now apparently acknowledged the warnings, after years of denying same. Not that this justifies anything other than to note that the objective was purely military, and not to wreak havoc, kill or maim civilians. FWIW

21. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Frogman, what AR15/M16 lower receiver has the best reputation? Colt or Bushmaster? I've heard that the Marines used Bushmaster. Always wondered if that was true. Other than Colt and Bushmaster, the other choices seem less well known and don't seem to turn up in any discussion of military AR15/M16 weapons.

22. ART360

ART360 Guest

The lunacy has started and we've got to take it to the end. But if that's true, why did we divert and go after Iraq, which before the war had no, and I mean, no connection with these terrorists. The closest the got was paying benefits to the widows of suicide bombers in Israel (not a good thing, but little connection to us). We diverted what could have been a conclusive attack against them, allowed them to escape, and gave them time to regroup, hide their money, etc.

The left never advocated negotiating with them.

Art

23. ross

Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross

here you go joe. this is part of post#11 by art355 in the kerry:say one thing do the opposite thread:

'An example of that level of stupidity is the current situation of the US in the world: Can't seem to understand why people are upset with us, claim we're fighting a war against terrorism. We are fighting a war. Has anyonoe here read what the terrorist want? I bet not one. It's simple: off their lands.'

and this is what i was referring to. if i misunderstood it, then i'm sorry, but i took this to mean that we leave them alone - as in leave their lands.....