'95 355 going price | FerrariChat

'95 355 going price

Discussion in '348/355' started by Chiaro_Slag, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    What is the going price for a well-kept '95 355 with the major service done? The prices seem to be all over the place. Non-red. :)

2. mfennell70

mfennell70 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Middletown, NJ
    Berlinetta/GTS/Spider?

Non-red Berlinettas with miles + service must be trading hands at low 70s given 3 red/tan cars in FML at $79ish. FoH had a '95 black/black with updated valve guides and fresh headers for $75 recently. Not sure if it was a car with a story though.

Would love to hear Martin's opinion.

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Fantastic colour combo you've got you're eye on with most of the desirable extras already on the car.My personal fave, and next colour way, will be TDF/Tan.
    Tony

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
  6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Can I have 10k from your proceeds? With that I'm there! :)

7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    You are an accountant Jerry. Just play with the #s ;)

I can see you in that car. Heck get it, looks clean :D

As far as shipping, I will get a one way ticket and drive it back for you. Or if you rent a truck with trailer, I will happily drive the truck back for you no charge. :)

8. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i LOVE that color!! i saw that too and if it was in my neck of the woods i'd definitely have a look. have you discussed price w/ him?

9. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    Jerry,

You have one of the best looking 328's around (especially after the Leatherique job which just looks incredible) it will be hard to beat that one. Also, it is a rather unusual color combination that you are looking for so supply might be a little limited. Martin had a Spyder in blue and crema, if I recall, for sale a while ago, gone now, 98 or 99, with some damage repair (not salvage) for $95. Wonder what that one went for.

If you get the 355, just add 3000 lbs of lead to the car and do a section 179 write off...

10. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks for the kind words - I need to get a business before I can write it off - Working for the man is just not where it's at. :)

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    He's pretty firm on price - Can't blame him - It's a nice car. :)

If I can't get it, hopefully someone here can!

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sounds good to me - Was 1700 to ship my 328 enclosed from NY...

When you coming down here so we can talk finances? :)

13. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Well I will be down in LA starting tomorrow night till the 27th. I am meeting up with JaguarXJ6 (sunny). If I have time, I will come meet you this sunday on the Meridian run that you are going on :eek:

If not, then after may 22nd for sure (summer break), though I hope to meet you sooner.

BTW my parents have a business, and our accountant can't do ANYTHING. Sigh I told him to get my dad a car leased write off through the business, and the accountant says it is not doable.

Ok back to your blue ferrari. I can loan you the 10K ;)

14. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    thanks jerry, and to answer your question, a clean 95 w/ all service and those miles s/b around low to mid 70's. although i like that color better than red, it's probably is a few g deduction, at least from a dealer stand point.

15. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks - Kind of what I was thinking - I would be willing to go 75k on it because it is the color I want, but can't justify going higher - If things don't work out, I will keep on keeping on. A couple of F-Chatters want my car, but down the line some - So maybe everyone wins if I wait some more. :)

16. ty (360mode)

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    exactly the max number i would be at. is he going to do the sale thru a dealer or private party the whole way? wasn't sure if there was some tax advantage in his state to do an "in and out".

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Private party as far I know.

18. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Well from what I see today:

Berlinettas:
    low to mid $70s buys you a mid 20K miles car with service needed in 1-2 years or 5-7K Miles.

High $70s buys you a below 20K miles car with 2 1/2 years service left up to 10,000 Miles.

These are asking prices. Selling right below that. Everything under $70K is in need of service of has a story.

I have a yellow coupe with lots of performance options and 01/04 service, and 01/04 clutch with 16K miles for $ 79,500 asking. Performance options add $ 10,000 to the car but really once installed nobody wants to pay for them. They are there though :)

Blue ones trade as high as red ones. Yellow just below and most other colors follow closely. No real bad colors for 355s and newer Ferrari. I personally do not like red 355s. I think they look best in off-red-colors.

Martin
    www.4Ferrari.com

19. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks for the help Martin - Been waiting to hear your words of wisdom - Does the year of the car matter much - Say when you compare a 1997-1999 to a 1995?

The yellow car sounds nice, but it's not me - I don't think accountants are allowed to drive yellow cars.

People always say the blue cars don't trade for as much as the red cars - But you don't seem to agree with that. I have found that since I want a blue car, they are harder to find! It's all about supply and demand right? Sure there is not as much demand, but the supply is even less!

This car I am looking at had it's 15k service June 1, 2000 and the 30k service Sept 24, 2002 both done by Ron Tonkin in Oregon.

It sounds like from your remarks, that you would put the purchase price of this perfect blue 355 around $75k based on 22k of mileage, fairly recent service, and it's good condition?

Since I'm going to lose 7-12k on my 328 I've had for 7 months, I'm looking to be a little better with my money. The damn sales tax & shipping charges just kill you! :)

20. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Martin, as usual you have a grat description of the market.

21. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Slag,
    try getting around the CA sales tax.
    Try trading in your car officially, or make a deposit for 4 months and then take delivery. There is some strange law in CA> Talk to Byron. He just discovered it.

Senna, thanks. I hope otherwise I go broke in a month. :)

22. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Thanks Martin - I have heard about that - I'll check into that.

23. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    THe law states if you buy a car outside of California, and don't bring it into CA for 90 days, you will not have to pay sales tax. On such a substantial purchase it is a great deal.

You might have to show proof that the car was being driven in the other state though, like gas receipts or storage fees.

That takes care of the sales tax, and I have already told you about shipping ;)

So what are you waiting for, pull the trigger :D

24. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Jerry, I think that car is beautiful -- stunning color -- but it's priced too high given mileage and the fact that it's a GTB. I think you can find a nice car in the low 70s if you're a little patient.

25. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Jerry, remember it is better to pay a bit more up front if there are no stories and well documented history on the car. Always trying to get a bargain in the end you pay up in different manner. If that is the car you want and you can save on the taxes pull the trigger. Don't just go by whats on E-Bay.