Dress shoes brand question? | FerrariChat

Dress shoes brand question?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F360@20, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    I was in getting a new suite tailored and I asked for them to bring in some shoes to select. And they brought in a pair of light brown Prada shoes after talking some more they also brought in a pair of white Prada sneakers.

Question is someone told me they men who wear Prada are usually gay. Is that true? Becuase honest the shoes were really nice and I will probley get them anyways but I was just curious.

2. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    answer is no. do all men who live in SF gay?

depends on what color and style prada you buy it 'might' make you look gay. i'm currently looking for some <masculine> prada boots.

3. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    You drive a Ferrari... wear A. Testoni shoes or Brunos :)

Enjoy the Walk,

Steven R. Rochlin

4. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Don't top quality hand made leather shoes always make you feel "lite in the loafers" regardless of who the brand is ???!!!

Why worry about something like that anyways.......haven't you watched "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" yet.....heh.....

5. rcallahan

rcallahan F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 15, 2002
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Bob Callahan
    I agree with Steve. A pair of A.Testonis will last a lifetime. Don't be gay! :)

6. 1992F40

1992F40 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2002
    Bruno Magli-very good shoe.

Working at Neiman's for 4 months, I saw some really nice Prada slip on's, monks etc...now their red label shoes or a little out there and for me I think they are more of a casual shoe.

Go to a real good shoe repair place-Dino's here in Dallas is where Bruno Magli sends their repair shoes at. Good place to ask questions about the ins and outs of shoe making...just a thought, that is how I learned. Same with suits, ask a tailor what he thinks because they deal with fabrics all day long.

7. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    I have Bruno-Magli shoes.

8. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Find a DSW shoe warehouse in your area and pay 1/3 for major brands.

9. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
  10. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
  11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Peter,

As always, sagely advice!

On topic,

Pradas ........pricey but worth it for sure.
    Ferragamo....close second.
    Magli.......... on a par with Prada.

Being secure with ones own sexuality.......Priceless!

DL

12. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Not a fan of Prada's myself. Don't take my opinion as worthy of anything, but I have three pairs of Bacco Bucci's, that I've loved over the years. One shoe has lasted me quite a while (8 years now), one that is only 6 years old is going in for a rebuild soon and the last one just goes through strings every so often. I don't like all of the BB models, but I know how they fit my feet and can order easily over the web or even find em occassionally at DSW for cheaper than the ~150-190 pricerange.

Other than that, not suit related, but I picked up a pair of sketchers slip on shoes for 30 bucks. Comfy as hell, requires no maintenance whatsoever. And for 30 bucks, if they are shot... I'll get new ones.

p.s. probley <---- probably

13. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Im my experience, Mezlans are the best shoe for quality and durability.

14. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    Mephisto Melchiors. Switched Doc Martens. Never going back.

15. Uberpower

Uberpower Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 6, 2004

I wholeheartedly endorse Mezlans! Best quality and most beautiful shoes I have owned, and I have owned many.

I bought a pair in British Tan and a pair of Black- wear them unfailingly.

Also- you can get an EXCELLENT deal if you buy them from "Off 5th" the Saks outlet store.

Don't have Saks or Mezlans near you? Buy Ferregamo.

16. Juice It

Juice It F1 Rookie

Sep 22, 2002
    Maryland (DC Suburb)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I go with Gucci myself. Nice shoes and not way overpriced like Prada. I usually pay 450 a pair.

17. ralessi

ralessi Formula 3

May 26, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Rikk
    I guess this can go here: Do any of you have large feet? I guess I am around 12 more or less (actually if anything more). But anyway, are square-toed shoes impossible for me to wear? I guess they kind of look like clown shoes?

All of the more inexpensive shoes (Kenneth Cole mainly) are square-toed so it looks like I may have to look elsewhere to get something that looks nice.

Any suggestions?

18. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Don't get the sneakers! A suite makes a statement, and I really dislike this new trend of wearing sneakers and tennis shoes with a suit. You wanna dress a suite down a little, that's fine, go with a slightly toned-down dress shoe, but still look sharp.

And make sure you tie your tie the correct length...it seems like there's an epidemic of people out there who just can't seem to understand your tie hits at the middle of your belt...not your crotch, and not your bellybutton. Guess I'm just hot on that since I've seen some very bad examples of that this morning. I mean really, if these guys can't do it, they should have their wives dress them. ;)

19. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Shoes, shoes, shoes. I don't wear it everyday, but I like shopping for shoes a lot.

The best pair of shoes must be Berluti for dress shoes. True, it costs over $1000 for cheap one, but the color, feel, & style, they are classic. No one can copy their Venicean leather, and build a shoes w/ 1 piece leather. I also like their tattoo punching for their wing tips.

Prada, Gucci, Tods, & Louis Vuitton also sell fashionable casual shoes along w/ stylish dress shoes. Dolce & Gabbana & Versace sells radical desgined shoes for both casual & dress.

I just bought 3 pairs of Gucci & Vuitton footwears, so this post caught my attention to post my input.

I am so glad my size is 8-10 (depending on makers), which gives variation for selecting shoes. My brother in law likes shoes a lot, but he's 15, so there's not much he can buy.

Yoshi

BTW, Prada is not only brand some poeple associates w/ gays for shoes, don't worry about it if you like that shoes.

20. TcpSec

TcpSec Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2004
    LA, USA
    Full Name:
    Zeno S Paradox
    Try Allen Edmonds. THE most comfortable shoes you can buy! Memphisto shemphisto is nothing compared to them. While not on the cutting edge of fashion for some, you can't beat their dress or casual lines. They look great and will last you a lifetime. My personal favorites are Kirkwood for casual and Cortland for dress.

Made in USA too (if you care about it)!

www.allenedmonds.com

21. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Lots of good recomendations here.

I wholeheartedly endorse Allen Edmonds. They are truly great shoes at a reasonable price.

Also great are Ferragamo, Gucci, Prada, and Bruno Magli.

If you want something unique, a pair that you won't run into everytime you go out, try getting custom shoes from Silvano Lattanzi. SL or any of the premiere custom cobblers will treat you to spectacular footwear.

For Silvano Lattanzi info: www.zintala.it

22. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Ditto on the Allen Edmonds.

23. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003