Anyone in Naples Fl want to make my day? | FerrariChat

Anyone in Naples Fl want to make my day?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by RSraddo, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    Well the girlfriend and I will be down in Naples from March 31st to April 9th. I am a car nut as is she and having ridden in/ driven Porsche, Corvettes, etc (other high end cars) Neither of us have yet to ride in a Ferrari. I have seen numerous F cars down there and I will be staying at 2100 Crayton Rd which is right by Gulf Shore Blvd. My question is... would anyone have any interest or time in a quick jaunt? It would really be a once in a lifetime expirience for the both of us and I would truly appreciate it. I have always wanted to ride in one of these beasts... Expect photos to be taken and many ohhhhs and ahhhhs of course :). I can be reached at 269-420-8249 at anytime if anyone would like to possibly meet. I don't have much to offer othen than a good deal on a Rolex (my job) and the good karma you would get haha.

Kyle

2. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I am going down to visit my parents on the 25th and leaving on the 29th sorry will just miss you. Try going down to naple motorsports and test drive one.

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    what's the picture of in your avatar?

4. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Kyle - Post a pix of the girlfriend and watch the chimes come in. Just kidding of course.

If you want a great experience go to Sebring Raceway. You're about 2 hours away. April 1-4 FCA is having a major event.

Thur, Fri and Sat is racing and Sunday a concours. All events at the track.

See Florida region on this web site for more info. You might have to register in advance and it will cost about $20 for you to get in.

You can also check www.fcafloridaregion.com

I'll be there.

Frank

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    If you were coming to Dallas, I'd trade you a drive for a good deal on a Rolex!

6. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Frank makes a good point. Come out to Sebring and you'll certainly get some rides. I too will be there, and would be glad to oblige.

7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    In FL, can't you rent Ferraris for a day? That way you and your girl can have a good time together. :)

8. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    Thanks for the info guys... that sounds like a blast I have a car so the drive should be no problem. I know we have a local raceday for FCA I think at Gingerman but Florida would be an excellent place as well. Now on to the questions, as much as I wish I can't afford a Ferrari, that is my 1993 VW Corrado "fun" car as I call it. Loads of very subtle custom work has been done to it. Grafting in Audi A6 handles, Porsche 993 Aero mirrors, flared fenders. The wheels are BBS RS three piece (modular) that were refirbished and custom assembled for me in Germany. The wheels have been fully polished and assembled with 24kt. gold bolts :). As for the Rolex thing. I work at the Mid-Wests largest Rolex dealer. I run/design a very high end luxury website for jewelry (the likes that your wives Im sure adore). Anyways, if anyone needs help on anything please feel free to contact me. [email protected] or visit my site www.pearlmansjewelers.com I will take care of all the FC guys. Again thanks for the responses and I hope to see some at the Florida GTG. Below are some progress pics. The car is now Porsche 1979 Casablanca Beige Metallic.

Thanks
    Kyle

9. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Okay,
    first off your car scares me. Looks like from the F&F.

Anyhow as Frank said, you are probably more like 3h away from Sebring. Come Friday or Saturday (Friday better) and you have a ride in a F355 Challenge. I will of course take your girlfriend first. While I scare her Frank will take you smoothly into track driving. He usually waxes his car while driving :)
    Sorry Frank I had to...LOL

Come and look me up in the Pits. we are a bunch of Ferrari guys located in the same vicinity. Paulie B will possibly be there with his 360 although unconfirmed it could also be a Jetta or MB. Craig Zinn will have his 355Ch and his 360Ch there, Ray will have the 360Challenge and his Enzo I guess (yellow) and who knows who else is coming.

My challenge is pictured here:
    The second picture is me trying to get my fat arse into my suit :)

10. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    BTW call me if you need help for anything.

305-867-7740

Martin

11. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    Martin,
    I appreciate it! Although the F&F thing scares me... in my circle my car is very UN F&F. Being it not gaudy, its a European trend the wheels and what not :) Silly yes but after going to Germany at a show I was hooked! I hope to make it... do I need to do anything in advance?

Kyle

12. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    I must also say that neon green accent work is very 2F 2F ;)

Kyle

13. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    Well my GF was very excited with the news so it looks as if the drive will be a go ahead... I am quite excited I have never had a chance to ride in an F car yet, not to mention a Challange 355, which would honestly be my choice of vehicles... I just love the styling cures and to me is the only car I actually prefer in spyder format!

Kyle

14. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Geez Martin, for a little more money you could have gotten matching shoes.

:D

15. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    Kyle -

You have mail

Frank

16. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    Frank,
    You shall too soon! I thank all you guys, your response has truly been nice. I must say after being around some of the Porsche guys (I attended some PCA meets with my fathers 914) You guys amaze me! You are all truly a group of enthusiast and I some day hope to join your ranks!

Sincerely,
    Kyle

17. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    go on over to shelton's on 41. they usually have a few in there and talk to the french guy - forgot his name - he is a good fellow and will probably take you for a spin. otherwise there is naples motorsports, but i don't know them that well.

18. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Well, I've been a member of the PCA for many years and been to a few PCA events and I don't know what you mean about after going to a few PCA events these Ferrari guys amaze you....there are many members of the PCA who are just a sick as the Ferrari guys :) :) :)

19. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    I'm sorry I should not say that! One guy handed my dad the keys to his 914 with the 3.2 swap in it and said have fun... VERY nice. However at one point I got into a bit of an arguement with two fellows who were making remarks about my Dad being "low class" due to his 914. I think it just left a bad taste in my mouth. Anyways, thanks for the info I will have to check out the French guy, I have been to Napls Motorsport and they were super nice, but no offer or chance of a ride :(

Kyle

20. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    I was just kidding around with you... almost all of the guys I've met at a couple of Ferrari events were super nice, as well as all the Porsche events.
    But you will always find that one ****** once in awhile. Last year my wife and I went to the Ferrari Fall Fest here in NJ, and this j-off was yelling at me to move my 911 further back into the weeds when I was parking and told me it was a Ferrari event, invite only. He didn't realize I had already pre-registered as a spectator only (i.e. I had no Ferrari on display) and paid my $130 for both my wife and I to get in (yes $130 for buffet lunch basically). Then he checked the list and, there I was. What an ass he was- thought he was hot stuff.

It was an excellent day otherwise, and I've always been amazed at the comradely of fellow sports cars nuts!! Have fun in Florida!

Andrew

21. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    “I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya punk?”

"Go ahead, make my day"

22. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    Haha nice :)

Kyle

23. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Of the cars I have owned one of my favorites was the 914 with a small block 327 Chevy in it. It had the high performance heads, headers and weighed 2300 lbs with 1/2 tank of fuel. Third gear was awesome, it would have blown my Modena into the weeds.

24. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    One of my Dads next cars after he gets his 911 is a V8 914. We got a spin in one and it was INSANE! It really is just a Go Kart.

Kyle

25. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    damn kyle, not only do you have one of the sweetest Corrados on vortex, but now u get to ride in a 355 C...i have before, and i must say, its incredible, and bring a vidoe camera so u can make all the other texers jealous...cept me :D

- andy (vdubbinmk2gti on tex)