AirNav Systems Software | FerrariChat

AirNav Systems Software

Discussion in 'Technology' started by prohydro, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Does anybody have experience using the software from www.airnavsystems.com ? It looks pretty cool, to be able to look at real-time (or close to) tracking of flights in the US. Wondered if anybody had used it before I shelled out $65.

2. ART360

ART360 Guest

I don't know what I'd use it for. Looks like a pretty good way to keep track of someone with their own plane, if they file IFR, or they get flight following. However, that presumes that the guys in the control towers get the N number right. They never seem to get mine right, so I don't know what use it'd be.

Art

3. prohydro

prohydro Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I have no idea what real use it would have, other than I think it's pretty cool to just watch all of the air traffic. Unless you had a private plane or something you wanted to track, no real business value, but I think it's neat in a geeky way.

4. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    Many of the FBO's use it to keep track of incoming flights so that they can be ready to spring into action when a plane lands!