Testarossa Vs Countach | FerrariChat

Testarossa Vs Countach

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by allanlambo, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #1 allanlambo, Mar 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Went through a box of magazines, and found these.

1st one is June 1985 Road and Track
    First they tested the TR.
    0-60=5.3 sec
    1/4=13.6@105
    Then they tested the Countach and started it with the following heading" Anything you can do, I can do better"
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #2 allanlambo, Mar 17, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Auto Italia May 1999

They picked the Countach, and noted it was a far better drivers car than the TR, while the Tr was more practical. They noted the Countach was 3 seconds faster to 100mph than the TR.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Did you know that Kennedys' true assassins drove away from the grassy knoll in a Testarossa? They wanted to get out of there quick!

Gee I wish I lived on an island too, so I could have absolutely NOTHING BETTER TO DO than dig up 19 year old magazine articles.

Do you have the first issue of Volcano life too?

whoa! :)

DL

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I'll take either!

I know you owned a Countach - Have you ever owned or ridden in the Testarossa? If so, did you like it?

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! I actually just got back from a ride in the SV, and went through a box of magazines looking for Viper articles, so i can decide which one i want. But, that was FUNNY!

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I had a TR at the same time as the Countach. I did not like the TR.

7. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    It's not too late to get the TT is it?

DL

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Not too late yet, but kind of leaning toward the Viper now.

9. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    awww MAN! If you get the TT, I promise to go easy on you when we race! :D:D

DL

10. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Allan how many cars have you owned????

11. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Countach or 512TR?

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    ALOT!

13. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I really like the 512, but id take carbed Qv Countach over it. Would like to have both.

14. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    If you could find the time I wouldnt mind a P.M. with the list. I actually wanna know

15. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I'm actually contemplating at purchasing a red 89 25th Anniversary Countach currently offered at Motorcars International/ Springfield MO.....Any words of advise this model pluses/minuses?

16. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
  17. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    personally i like the 85 0r 86 my. That classic red one with the wing. On the running of the bulls east coast last fall i pulled into the little rest stop in the boonies with 7 countachs lined up waiting for everyone. The classic red one was there and also one of the first with the big fat balloon like tires. Quite a sight. Those deep dish wheels on the red one are classic. The later models started looking like cheap kit cars imo.
    T

18. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    Tom F-1,
    Go for 25th Anniv. Countach! I would, if the price is right. I have been seeing Countach on sale around $80s, so I was interested. Then few Lambo mechanics & salesmen told me that I shouldn't expect same reliability for Countach as my 328. Countach is a great car, but not refined well to be a daily drive car like Gallardo.
    The same for 512, F salesman told me 512 is not daily driving car like 550 or 575.
    Now I wonder what makes a car daily or weekly or monthly driving car???

Yoshi

19. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas

Frankly, I have purposedly stayed away from the Countach just because of all the horrible stories told about its lack of mechanical integrity....

The truth is I'm mechanically inept; plus I am extremely impatient when it comes to dealing with inconviences of high maintenance cars. In addition, there is no Lambo mechanic shop around here which further complicates things....but I have always loved its look (perhaps more so than my 512tr and my prev Diablo). Oh well....Perhaps this time, I will find courage to give it a chance and pray.......

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    My 87 was a great car. I will buy another.

21. ElTorrente

ElTorrente Rookie

Mar 11, 2004
    I still remember watching the opening scenes with the white Countach in Cannonball Run at the theater when I was a kid. I decided right there that was my new dream car :D I loved it when it is riding on the cop's butt on the highway, then just TAKES OFF. Incredible- even though the movie wasn't.

I've been reading Road and Track and Car and Driver since I was a kid. Reading about it in Road and Track was the reason I made a responsible decision and decided to not buy one (when I was like 15 or something). Way too many comprimises- though I guess it would be a fun weekend car.

The last Countach I saw was this past summer in San Diego. Poor guy was sitting in stop-and-go traffic on the I-5- he had his door swung open so that he wouldn't die of dehydration :D

22. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    The TR was never going to give any serious opposition to a Countach. The TR was a cruiser not a sportscar and was a SOFT version of the BB, and made to suit American tastes (hence the more practical comment and the fact that it is a barge ;), etc.).

In a back to back test, ofcourse the Countach would be the better 'drivers' car.

The best TR's are the last ones because Ferrari tried to undo some of their mistakes and make the barge into a sportscar again :D

I think that if I was ever fortunate to own a TR, it would possibly have to suffer (;)) some modifications ... but by the time I may be able to afford one, I've probably gone through a few modifications and don't want a raw sportscar anymore ...

Pete

23. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    Forget about it! get a GT it's the best deal on a sports car going. Prices are really depressed and only headed up. Good luck either way.