A spring get together? | FerrariChat

A spring get together?

Discussion in 'New England' started by pete04222, Nov 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    I see there are a lot of New Englander's on here. Would anybody be interested in a little get together/drive sometime in the spring? Maybe June? A central meeting point should be within a 2 hour drive for all of us. It takes me 2 hours to get to Boston. We could all meet at a place at around 10 AM, cruise together until like 3 or 4 PM and head home from there. We could stop at some little Mom and Pop diner for lunch and fill up their parking lot with Ferrari's!

I was thinking maybe a little trip up the Kankamangus Highway in New Hampshire. That or some other mountain/woods roads. Any Suggestions? Anybody up for Mt. Washington?

2. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Pete,
    Great idea! I'm definitely up for it. I don't know if anyone remembers but on the old board I posted the idea of a trip to Eastport, Maine where Christine and I have a house by the ocean. It's a couple hours on 95 North to Bangor than 2 hours on Rte 9 to Eastport. Rte 9 is recently repaved and full of fun driving through an absolutely beautiful area. The best part is we can stay overnight at the house, BBQ, drink a bit and see some sights over the weekend, then drive home. The house can comfortably sleep 10. Plenty of off street parking too.

If that's too far, I would be glad to do something closer (or both!)

Christine and I are planning on hosting a Ferrari get together here in North Reading MA in the spring as well. We figured we would wait and throw around some dates in late winter because nobody can plan this early.

Birdman

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    both ideas sound great guys, hold that thought and let's get moving in march/april!

i believe senor rochlin is planning to setup a dyno day as well in the spring - i'm looking forward to putting the beast on the machine!

doody.

4. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I'm afraid to put mine on the dyno in case I find out that it has less power than my venerable 154! Nonetheless, I would definitely be into that too.

Jonathan

5. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Yup, planning on a dyno day in the spring.

Ya know, the weather is awesome this weekend dudes...

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

6. pete04222

pete04222 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Maine, USA
    Full Name:
    Peter Cyr
    Birdman,
    Love your idea and I'm up for it, but Eastport is definately an overnighter and a long drive for most of us (not too bad for me, I'm close to the I95 exit in Topsham). I was thinking a day trip that would be fairly convenient for all interested parties. I would be up for both.

Doody,
    I agree that it is way to early to firm up any dates. March/April would be fine to start firming things up. I posted this here now just to get a feel for how many people would be interesested, where they are located, any suggestions, what would be a good date, etc. I just threw out June because I figured everyone would have their cars in good shape by then. I am willing to do all the route planning, itineraries, lunch stop reservations, etc. Just wanted to throw out a feeler to see if there would be any interest and I could think on it over the winter.

7. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Pete,
    I'm on, just firm it up as early as possible so I can beat my
    wife to the family calendar(LOL)...

8. ChrisfromRI

ChrisfromRI Karting

Jan 28, 2003
    Foster, RI
    Full Name:
    Chris F
    If northwest RI is central enough to work (under a mile from the CT border and 15 miles from the MA border) we could do a spring get-together here. Access is easy from Rt 395/290 and Rt 6. We have a lot of private off the street parking for cars and also lots of outdoor and indoor space for people.

Kind Regards, Chris