show about ferrari on speed | FerrariChat

show about ferrari on speed

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Prancing_Horse, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    wach it now

i dont know what it is

just wachit

2. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Thanks. I almost forgot about it. It's based on the book "The Speed Merchants". Great book by the way.

3. Ferrarispeed28

Ferrarispeed28 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    NY/AZ
    Full Name:
    Evan
    Do you mech victory by design with Alan De Cadnea

You can by the DVD at www.Victorybydesign.com

4. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    no

it difernt

way difernt

its called The speed merchants

5. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    "The Speed Merchants" was created by Michael Keyser, a good friend of mine. It's all film (no video) and is all authentic -- nothing was recreated. Keyser ran a camera-equipped Porsche at Sebring and LeMans as part of the project. The soundtrack is an original score commissioned for the film.

I regard it as the greatest motorsports documentary ever produced.

Go to www.autosportsltd.com -- that's Michael's site, and "The Speed Merchants" on DVD can be ordered there.

6. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Fascinating. Thank you. When you consider the mortality rate of today's drivers vs. yesterdays drivers, it really was a "man's sport" back then. To see a young Mario Andretti, Jacky Icx was almost haunting. Very cool!

7. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    just watched last hour and very interesting stuff. what year was this? what happened to 917/512 cars and why were the older 908 all over lemans? how could f compete all the other races but not lemans?

8. 575Mike

575Mike Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Ferrari arrived in 1970 at Sebring with three 512s, and two of them were the semi spider versions. NART entered two 312P coupes and a 512. Also on the grid that year were, among other cars, 917 and 908 Porsches. Andretti finished first that year in a 512 followed by Peter Revson and Steve McQueen in a 908.