Players Run? | FerrariChat

Players Run?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mwarrior, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mwarrior

mwarrior Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2004
    Ontario and Texas
    Full Name:
    Gagan P
    Has anybody participated in this or the Gumball? I'm thinking of trying it out but dont know if its worth shelling out $10-12grand. Also I'd most likely be using my Mustang unless I can convince my uncle to let me borrow one of his cars (Jag XJ220, Diablo VT, or 911 Turbo). I know, Mustang... exotics... and look out of place as h3ll (considering the car's worth a little more than the entry fee ;) )
    But anyways, has anybody participated in this last year or in the Gumball rallies? And anybody feel like letting me borrow your car? In exchange for cheap brakes? :p

Gagan

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  3. mwarrior

mwarrior Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2004
    Ontario and Texas
    Full Name:
    Gagan P
    Thanks :) As for the Mustangs thing, well this one wasnt supposed to be directly about that ;) Just finished reading the Players Run thread though, and definitely seems like its worth it.

Gagan

4. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Have a look in the UK section. One of the guys Ed did the Gumball last year in a red Lotus Elise (there are a few shots of him in the film including a nice one from a helicopter of them driving through Florida).

I think he is doing it again this year in a 355 Spyder.

I wouldnt worry too much about the car. Most of the supercars seem to get pulled over all the time allowing the slower ones to catch up. In the film one guy came in first several times and was driving a Chevvy pick up truck.

I would love to do it if I had the chance.

5. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    #5 Buttuz4eva, Mar 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had spoken to MARKUS about 6 months ago to see if I would be able to attend with my Z06 he had said we are setting a limit on vettes only 4 vetts are allowed and I would be the 4th one in the event. I also thought he said a limit on porsche as well. He did say that there is no limit on Ferrari, Lambos and other exotics but I dont think a mustang falls in to the catagory of these cars. I am just telling you what he told me, So I had said count me in. 2 days later my brother tells me he is getting married in florida on that week of the run now I cant go. Man I hate my brother. To top it all off I just got a 360 a month ago and I would love to join the event with the black stallion. I guess I will have to wait untill next years event.....MARKUS please let us know if what I stated up above is true or not maby I miss undestood what you had said to me ? Anyway good luck this year I am sure you will have the greatest time of your lives on this amazing event and i will be sure to be there when you guys take off from manhattan this summer thats for sure.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. mwarrior

mwarrior Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2004
    Ontario and Texas
    Full Name:
    Gagan P
    This year's wouldve been much easier for me if it was the same timing as last year (May 10 I'm heading back to the Caribbean for med school, so I'll have to fly back in June). As for the car, well if you really want your Z06 or the 360 in there, I wouldnt mind it one bit :p

Itd be nicer actually driving with somebody, saves on half that cost.

As for mustangs, you're right, they dont fall into the Ferrari/Lambo/Vette category and may even be the only one. Itd be nice to get some suspension work done first if I do get in.

Gagan