South East meet up points - need your input! | FerrariChat

South East meet up points - need your input!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by 348paul, Mar 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    OK guys - we are on the right side of winter (or is it Spring yet!) and we will all be looking for a few more meet up points. After the heart-warming reception we had at the Grasshopper, can we all take a moment to throw a few ideas up in the air?

I had a couple of ideas for the Kent area but would greatly appreciate a second opinion. The first idea I had was the Badgers Mount Hotel - Nice size car park - Restaurant/Pub theme - only 2 mins form J5 - M25. The other in the Kings head at Leaves Green - I seem to remember it sat in a lot of land - Not sure about the car park though! I have also had a late entry form the other half and she has suggested the Oast House at the Hop Farm in Paddock wood! (Big car park)

Any other suggestions?

Paul

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi Paul,
    Stig has some locations on lovely little location maps-he'll PM you, i'm sure, after reading this.
    Tony

3. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I am indeed poised like a hunting cat, wating to pounce on your requests for the location codes. The are only five on the list so far, but I would weep with joy at the thought of updating the list!

Sounds a bit over the top on the metaphor stakes, but I have has very little sleep this weekend and my fragile nervous system is being propped up by caffeine this morning......

Stig

4. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    BTW,

I am planning to meet up with Henry (RED HEAD) this Saturday lunchtime (20th) If anyone is interested. What do you say we try out one of the venues suggested by Paul?

Stiglet

5. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I may well be able to make a shortish local meet so the Kings Arms at Leaves Green would seem ideal as it is only a couple of miles, preferably around noon. The Badgers Mount Hotel would also be fine or anywhere within a shortish drive from Keston.

It would be good to meet some of you

6. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I assume this meet on Saturday is not now happening - is that right?

7. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Damn thread got lost down the page! - I have only just seen Stig's Post about Saturday. Might be a little difficult for me as workload is past the eyeballs at the moment!

Any more suggestions on the meet up points anyone?

Paul

8. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Mal,

Meeting happening for sure on Saturday. Weather may well be iffy so rather than head out for a previously unused venue, I'm gonna suggest K1 as it is likely to be a quick snifter rather than a meal.

Is this OK with you RED HEAD?

Stig