just another nail in our coffin..... | FerrariChat

just another nail in our coffin.....

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ross, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    can't believe this article. this 6 year old is given a book to read about gay princes ! bet this is the same school system that doesn't allow books about evolution ! i am not homophobic, nor do i really care what they do in private, but nevertheless it is not a lifestyle that i would want to have to explain to my 6 year old !

http://www.cnn.com/2004/EDUCATION/03/18/gay.princes.ap/index.html

2. airbarton

airbarton Formula 3

Nov 11, 2002
    Kennesaw, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Chuck Barton
    I'm with you on that! I don't think my 5 yo needs to have it explained to him either!

3. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    This is what I hate: that they're teaching kids it's okay to be a drug-using ("let's legalize it"), baby-aborting, atheist, politically correct pacifist bi/homosexual*... but to drive a large SUV that uses a lot of gas or be religious with rules and convictions is wrong. This world is getting pretty screwed up.

*I just realize I just described some Scandinavian societies.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    If that teacher has a young child (doubtful) his/her elementary school should start him/her on a steady diet of tequila and cigarettes and see how HE likes it! The teacher can always transfer the child in silent protest!

Some things MUST be cleared with parents. If they feel it is appropriate to expose a 6yo to this (questionable at best), it should be their choice, not JUST the teachers'.

Even though it is necessary to expose children to all aspects of life...I'd probably be pissed about this as well...if it was not cleared with me first.

DL

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    damn. next thing you know, they'll be giving marriage licenses to necrophiliacs!

6. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    This is what the problem is with the liberal/PC crowd. I am interested in hearing HOW this is justified. BTW, also heard a guy last night who is superintendent of Long Island school system who supports automatically moving kids from grade to grade REGARDLESS of whether or not they have the requisite skills or can pass the required aptitude test to graduate!! What a joke. He said that by holding them back all we accomplish is to make them discouraged and want to drop out. We can't hurt their FEELINGS! So his solution is to automatically pass them, regardless of whether or not they can READ!! Social engineering hogwash!! And what party do you think these kids will end up voting for when they turn 18?

7. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Ross,

What's wrong with being a Atheist?

Agree with the rest of it :)

8. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Totally agree. Who's the fundamentalist now?