FerrariChat.com Optional Subscriptions Now Available (early bonus offer)... | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Optional Subscriptions Now Available (early bonus offer)...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    What: Optional subscriptions are now available.

Why: 1) Additional features for subscribers. 2) Bonus of 6 months on 1 year subscriptions or 2 years on 5 year subscriptions if you subscribe before May 1st. 3) Help support the site.

From my perspective we're starting optional subscriptions because with almost 6,000 users and growing at 800 users a month I can't afford the time and money without introducing a revenue component directly inline with number of users. I was happy with 100 users only, but if we have 10,000 users, then I will at least have the resources to bring in help and justify my time.

From a users perspective many believe the quality of the postings will improve if there's a small token of entry into the site. It's still not finalized if posting privileges will be a feature removed from the Non Subscribed user group. The other benefit to users will be additional resources like professional writers, technical consultants, coupons/discounts and expanded functionality.

Why Not: 1) Non Subscribed users will still have all the features they do today until at least June 1st. 2) If you are a Moderator, Sponsor, or are accepted to be a Consultant you don't need to subscribe.

To apply for a Consultant position, please follow this link...

http://www.ferrarichat.com/consultants/index.htm

How to Subscribe: Go to User Options - User Control Panel - Paid Subscriptions or http://ferrarichat.com/forum/subscriptions.php?

Available Subscriptions:

Silver - One Year
    Silver Subscribed users currently get the following benefits over Non Subscribed users... "Silver Subscribed" title under your rank to show your support, up to 200 Private Messages can be stored, and access to the private Silver Subscribed Forum. Some additional features will be added over time. By the end of May the Non Subscribed users will loose some permissions.

Validity Period: 18 Months (1 year after May 1st)
    Cost: $15.00 £8.00 €12.00

Silver - Five Years
    Same as described above, but for a five year term.

Validity Period: 7 Years (5 years after May 1st)
    Cost: $50.00 £27.00 €41.00

Rossa - One Year
    Rossa Subscribed users currently get the following benefits over Non Subscribed users... "Rossa Subscribed" title under your rank to show your support, up to 500 Private Messages can be stored, use of an approved signature, and access to the private Silver & Rossa Subscribed Forums. Some additional features will be added over time. By the end of May the Non Subscribed users will loose some permissions.

Validity Period: 18 Months (1 year after May 1st)
    Cost: $50.00 £27.00 €41.00

Rossa - Five Years
    Same as described above, but for a five year term.

Validity Period: 7 Years (5 years after May 1st)
    Cost: $175.00 £95.00 €143.00

---

Please let me know if any questions or suggestions. This has been the result of 2+ years of discussions with hundreds of users and outside analysis. We're taking it slow, but our ultimate goal is the improvement of the community.

Thank you,
    FerrariChat.com
    Curvacom LLC

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Hey Rob,

Does the Silver's 18 months begin as long as you join anytime between now and April30th?

3. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Can't you set up some kind of VISA method or a send me girocard (dont know what it's called in English)

Jonas :D

4. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I really dig this Rob. Sounds like Rossa for me!

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    rob - i don't see these private forums on the main page. are they created yet?

if not, never mind :)

if they are, you don't want to hide their title from the list - you want to make sure it's viewable by everybody in the list so the folks who aren't ponying up are crystal clearly seeing that they're missing something.

just a suggestion.

doody.

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yes. May 1st and later all subscriptions will be for the standard time period.

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    no credit cards? c'mon dude, get with the 1970s, huh? :) there are a dozen outfits that will gleefully do the front-end of credit cards for you - and take worldwide cards and deal with the chargebacks and so on and so forth.

paypal is a horrific service that should be shut down by the us government as an unregulated bank. i would strongly urge any human being with an operating brain to keep your money the hell away from paypal.

Mr. "Mailing a Check" Doody

8. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    Agree Fully, I don't do paypal. And I don't send money in the mail overseas. There's just to big a change that it will "be lost in the mail" - Please get some creditcard service up :)

9. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    fwiw, i think you're leaving money on the table with only offering the 1-year and 5-year options.

it's not like the site has even been around for 5 years, so that's a stretch. if you offered even a minimal discount for 2 and/or 3 year options, i think folks would take you up on that.

doody.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'll be working hard on this, I just can't estimate how long it will take. PayPal is the easiest now and mailing is an option for everyone else. There will eventually be a CC interface option for directly using your VISA or MC.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It's hidden except for Subscribers, Moderators, Consultants, and Sponsors.

I'm 50-50 on this. Don't want to clutter the screen of Non Subscribers, but they might not know it's available otherwise.

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I know I know. I'll have something eventually.

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I would have done 1 year only, but after previous discussions many didn't want to deal with renewing every single year. Lifetime is too open ended, so I put it at 5 years to be simple. I'm just trying to keep everything simple at this point. It will evolve in due time.

14. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    if it has to do with revenue generation, it ain't "clutter" dude ;) ;) ;)

http://www.digitalriver.com/ is the leading supplier for e-commerce stuff like this. they do take a bite, but they make it REALLY painless and easy. definitely check them out if you haven't already.

doody.

15. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I'll give them a try. This will be priority #1 for my work list this weekend. Thanks.

16. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    STOP THE INSANITY...! FREE FERRARICHAT...!!!

17. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    Rob,on the credit card issue I will be waiting till you have that up and running there is no way I will deal with "paypal",would also hope that the "offer" will be kept on till then.
    Best regards
    Dave McGuire

18. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    To set some expectations for those applying to be Consultants. Otherwise we might get 5,800 apply. ;)

Everyone is an expert in something or even many things. With the Consultants I'm really looking for those less than 1% of members that...

1) Contribute much time to our community.

2) Have expertise in a area we don't have covered. We're even looking for non Ferrari related experts in topics like Finance, Real Estate, Law, and we even just got one apply in the Arts. Areas like Ferrari Techs we'll have maybe dozens of Consultants and otherwise we'll do what makes sense. Diversity is good, but we'll only end up with maybe 50 Consultants total.

The Consultants will receive commercial benefits for what they offer, but I'll be turning some down because they have a business that would be better suited for just being a sponsor and not an individual to offer advice.

19. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I will hopefully have a CC interface up before May 1st. If not, I'll talk to the boss and see if I can extend the offer. :)

20. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    How much do I have to pay to get Carbon's post count:)

21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The cost of being FerrariChat.com target #1. :)

22. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Rob: I think you should also offer a lifetime (whose, i don't care) option for hi-rollers. Charge 'em 10,000 dollars or something; throw in a few perks, like VIP status on the board, a little wallet id card they can whip out at events, and extras like a secret link to the unexpurgated bikini shots currently made available only to you.

23. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Rob,

DONE!!!
    Just payed for ROSSA (what else;))

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Always thinking as usual. :)

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Yep, see how your name is now bold and it says "Rossa Subscribed" under your post ranking. You can also see the two private forums. You are now free to create an approved signature. Oh, the 500 PM's too. Time for me to buy a bigger server.

I'm researching other features too, email address and webspace are possible, but I need to test it out.