Any Dave Matthews Band fans here? | FerrariChat

Any Dave Matthews Band fans here?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by dherman76, Mar 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    Hey guys,
    Wondering if there are any dave matthews band fans on the board here, and if so, are you planning on going to the festival this summer in the Metropolitan NY area?

Check out this site if you are: http://www.dmbfestival.com

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    My girlfriend is the BIGGEST fan it seems. I like thier stuff, but I am not really into music. I went to his show in Moutain View, SF area, two years ago :)

3. dherman76

dherman76 Formula Junior
    Owner

Feb 25, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Darren Herman
    awesome. I've been to 29 shows so far - could spend that money on a an older Ferrari - :) However, the shows are great - hoping to see some F-Chat'ers at the shows!

4. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Let's see, I went to 6 or 7 shows in the early 90's before they broke out, I think the highest cover was $8.

Had lunch with Dave around 1994 or so (friend of a friend of a friend)

5. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Indeed I've seen 9 shows since 6-7-97.I'd probably go to alot more if I really liked to travel around.Not to mention tix have gotten more expensive these days.Saw 3 shows last year.Did you go to Central Park?I've heard they may do the NY festival at governer's island.Here's my rather ancient trading page.

http://www.geocities.com/sunsetstrip/alley/9838/

For some entertainment my favorite messageboard.:)

http://www.anyoneseenthebridge.com

6. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Yeah she goes to all the shows. SHe used to go to the Gorge (sp?) every year to see him as well. LIke I said she is a fan. To me I don't waste my money on music and concerts. I am building my retirement fund, and anything I buy is money away from that. Maybe that is why our relationship didn't work. LOL. Eh well, different strokes for different folks. I liked his music, but don't feel like anyone is really worth my money, when I can watch them on TV/DVD. Though my girlfriend would give me the line about "oh well its live, and its totally diff" and all that jazz. Eh well, life goes on. Ex for a reason.

Good luck, and hope you have fun at the shows :)

By the way, girls LOVE it if you say you like DMB. I found that out after my ex. :D I only know like two songs. #41, and hmm..can't recall the other one now..LOL

7. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Im going to be perfectly honest with you. Dave matthews band sucks. I'm sorry you had to hear this news over the internet, but you would have found out eventually.

8. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Hey Tim, there are some people that don't like Ferraris either. It is no big deal, as everythign in life is relative.

Enjoy it. :)

9. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    I went to a DM concert in SanFrancisco.........had to leave early. don't mind the albums but they sucked live.

Vincent.

10. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Tim and Vin, I'm with u on this one.

11. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny

Opposite experience; I thought he was a bit of a flamer (sorry to offend) before I saw him in concert and now am a big fan... There's a reason why 99% of his shows sell out in the first few minutes.

12. KMS

KMS Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 22, 2003
    I found DM interesting at first, something different but really I just like to watch and listen to their drummer.

13. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I bought every single last one of DM's cds trying to find one song and it turns out I was looking for a Coldplay song.

14. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I hate Dave Mathews.

15. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Kenny,

I do like him, but I like all musicians. However just because something sells out does not make it good. JLO's tours sell out too. ;)

By the way, I LOVE Jenny from the block the song..haha..you can make fun of me now ;)

16. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    I disagree. I have been to a few DMB concerts and a lot of concerts in general. I think DMB is one of the best live bands ever. Phish is up there too.

17. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    ....NOT GOING TO THE NY CONCERT....,BUT MY BATTERIES WILL FOR THEIR WIRELESS INSTRUMENTS AND GUITARS........THEY ALREADY CONTRACTED ENERGIZER TO DO THEIR SHOWS...........

BTW, THE BAND IS OK....

18. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I can't stand his Hee-Haw donkey voice.

Never understood him or coldplay.

Reminds me of lemmings running off the cliff. someone says they are cool and if a celeb likes them then they MUST be cool so I better buy it to be cool too.

19. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    That's cool Bruce.Maybe next show I see I'll bring a sign. "DMB powered by Wellington":)

20. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    LOL, AARON :)

21. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    matt, i hear phish is awesome live also. even though im not a stoner, i still want to go to a phish show at some pint in my life. I like their more recent stuff, ie. farmhouse.
    chili peppers are great live. thats my biased opinion. Anthony keidis is so energetic on stange and jumps around pretty good for an old man (hes like over 35!)

22. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Bruce, I want batteries for my shows!! I have so many wireless UHF mics. HOOK a BROTHER UP. (i know you got boxes of them)

23. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    NO PROBLEM BROTHER, EMAIL ME @ [email protected] AND TELL ME WHAT YOU NEED..

BRUCE

24. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003

Definetly catch one of their shows. I am not a stoner either and I enjoyed the shows I've been to. I've never been to a Chili Pepper's concert, but I have heard a lot of their live music. I was not impressed by the music too much, maybe they are just really good entertainers.