Dee-Dee-Dee...He's BAA-ACK!!!!!!!! :) | FerrariChat

Dee-Dee-Dee...He's BAA-ACK!!!!!!!! :)

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Mar 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well Hello there everyone! I made it!!! Surgery went fine,but came home to computer problems!!!:( But,I'm working on getting it back in order. I'm actually shocked that I was able to get it going right now. Tod,How did your 30K service and Tubi go? I guess I'll check all of the threads below. Anyway,I'm feeling pretty good and recovering well ahead of "Schedule". Can't wait to drive my Ferrari and see all of you guys in the next weeks. :) (Karting Event,for Starters!) Thanks for sending Good Karma my way during my Surgery. I even have my Doctor amazed at my progress,so far.

2. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Glad you are back in action, hope the cut did some good

3. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    California Section you have been given fair warning: Frank is back and so will be our count...
    :)

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,Thank-You very much Bob. It already feels much better,even though it's only been 3 weeks. But,I can tell that there's not the severe Nerve Pain in my lower back and legs. It seems to have really helped me. And,yes Andreas. I got some catching up to do! :) But,"Trimming Down" The incessant Babbling,and attempts at Comedy Improv. a bit. :) And,right now I'm looking out my window and it's Snowing pretty much.:( Maybe I'll just have to plug my Christmas lights in that are strung along the gutter of my house. (haven't had a chance to get up there and take 'em down yet.)

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Just leave in all the (light) green bulbs and you're in perfect sync with the holidays.
    :)

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    :)...Yes,that is True. I was thinking about that around Valentines Day,too. Leaving in all of the Red ones. Also,on F1 Race day. Along with my Ferrari Flag that I hang outside on F1 Race day.

7. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Frank -
    I'm happy that all went well and that you are on the road to recovery!

some free advice for you (and everybody here) - if at all possible, stay away from surgeons as much as possible!

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Frank's surgeon is different: Drives a 360

I'm also relieved that my mother is doing fine (she underwent surgery a couple days after Frank). Her surgeon has an whole Ferrari collection.

I picked the wrong classes back in college...

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm very glad to hear that your Mom is doing well after her Surgery too,Andreas. And,thanks for that tip Spike...but,alittle too late for me. I've had 9 assorted Sugeries so far in my Life. Some,elective. Some,Trauma.:( OWWWW!!!!!!

10. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore

Mike, It's not the surgeons you have to be careful with, it's the hospitalzation after the surgery.

To make a long story short, my Father died in a hospital because of inadequete hospitalzation. He went in for knee surgery, which went extremely well and then a few days later died in the hospital. It was suppose to have been a top notch hospital too. HAH!

Well, my free advice here, if you have to go to a hospital for anything, do it durring the week. DO NOT STAY in a hospital over a weekend or over a holiday!!!!

If anyone is interested, i can tell you more either PM or in person. Don't want to post details....

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    While I was in the Hospital. There was a guy next to me that had a double Total knee replacement. Ouch!!!!!

12. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Make no mistake about it.... surgery is dangerous!
    Bad things happen during and afterwards. Not necessarily someones "fault" (despite what lawyers may tell you...), its just that the old saying applies here... "sh*T happens"
    then you get to recover in an overcrowded, noisy "hotel" filled with very ill people who are coughing/etc all over the place.
    Tod... sorry about your dad...
    My father (also a doc) is considering a massive spine surgery... scares me to death!

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I had both of my parents in the hospital this year so far. It always scares me.

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    No Doubt! When I was in. The "Orthopaedic Floor" was FULL. All rooms were Full. I wanted a private room,and told them that I have 2 Insurance coverages,and would pay whatever,if any,over and above what they didn't pay.

But,it was always Full. Every day. Like a Surgery "Factory" almost. Get 'em in,get 'em out. Next!!!