Scary Nurburging vid | FerrariChat

Scary Nurburging vid

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Rey, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rey

Rey Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Rey
  2. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Wow, what a cluster*uck!

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Seems like they let any moron out there who pays the fee.

DL

4. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    It is a very dangerous track, esecially when there's no limit to how many cars they are letting out.

5. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I have heard the same thing, very dangerous. They must have the greatest lawyers to put together an air-tight disclaimer to go out on that track.

6. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    not being that computer savy...
    why do I only see the silly pseudo water graphics and no images? I have the sound....

7. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    try refreshing the link, if that doesn't work you probably need to download the newest version of mediaplayer 9.0 I believe.

8. davequick

davequick Formula Junior

May 27, 2003
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Dave Quick
    You need a video codec that you don't have. THis particular video you will need the "Windows Media Video 9" codec.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/format/codecdownload.aspx
    looks to be a good source for this codec and a couple others making playback of a bunch of things work for ya including this vid.

9. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    Disclaimer:
    Page one, paraghraph one, line one.
    "I want to die, don't try to stop me."
    End of disclaimer.

10. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    What's worse are the drivers drinking beer between laps...

This track is sucidal.

11. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J

You got that right!

12. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I'd still like to do laps there some day.That's the most crowded I 've ever seen it on video.That jaguar looked all out of shape. They seem to have alot of body roll.Not sure who said they handled well but it certainly didn't look like it.

13. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Thanks.... got to watch it...

doesnt it seem kind of silly to have such different cars with such different capabilities on the track at the same time?? Especially the bikes!
    Maybe I should have been out there in the '82 Buick Electra Estate wagon with wood paneling that I learned to drive on!

14. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Well, at least there weren't any SUV's with drivers on the cell phone...

15. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    If I ever get the chance, Ill drive it. It's something you just have to try if you are there. :)

Tifosi, you can bet you arse that they are fully covered :)

16. ATBNM3

ATBNM3 Formula 3

Nov 17, 2003
    Sunny Isles
    Full Name:
    Don Jackson II
    Crazy video. I've been learning the track on XBOX Project Gotham Racing 2 so I'll know the track when I get there. I think I'll go during the week so I don't get killed.

17. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Waaaay to many cars & bikes on the course. Does'nt the track officials black flag drivers if they are becoming a danager to others?

18. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I don't think there are any officials.It's considered a public road you pay access to drive.It's not like a track day.

19. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That and tort law isn't as refined nor accepted in Europe (or anywhere) as in the US. Even if it was someone else's fault you died, I doubt you'd get much at all in Germany...

20. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    It looks like a lot of fun to me. Sure you have to be careful and you dont have to drive all out. Just have a good time see some great cars and drive the track. But I would probably wear a helmet, just in case.

21. sboney

sboney Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Those silly Europeans still haven't bought into the "all pain is someone elses fault" entitlement mentality.. Come to think of it they aren't that silly after all.

22. Mithras

Mithras Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    Hi guys, first post for me..

Excuse me for my bad english :)

In the summer I visit the Nurburgring almost every weekend, I don't know how to explain to you guys, but riding on this fabulous historic circuit is almost like having sex :) It sure is kinda dangerous, as you all probably know you are never alone on the track, always together with motorbikes, touringcars and a lot of slow traffic. In the summer when it's usually very busy at the track, each day you can see a lot of accidents. Most people who have no experience drive to fast and they are always suprised. The fact is, you simple cannot see what's coming up, is it a hairpin to the left? Is it a very wide turn to the right? It's like a rollercoaster, going uphill with 130km/u and then, a few seconds later going down with more then 200km/u, full brake, hairpin to the right. It really takes everything of your car if you drive to the limit. That's the big problem, people don't know the limits of their cars and themselves and simply crash because they don't know what they are doing.For an example, you really need to drive about 35laps before you know wich turn is coming :) But I must say there are many people who are very experienced on this track.

For more info in English see www.nurburgring.org.uk

Greetz

Michel

23. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    i'd love to try it but it sure wouldn't be in my fcar (can you rent one of those compacts?!?!). that looks insane. i love the applause for f*ck ups though!

24. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    All in all, I'm NOT sure that is such a bad thing. Not referring to Nurburgring specifically, just tort law in general. Look what it's done in this country, not so sure how truly ENLIGHTENED we are.

25. sboney

sboney Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Not to hijack this thread -- okay maybe I will -- in advanced societies like ours, corruption becomes institutionalized in the form of a plaintiffs bar.

You may return to your regularly scheduled programming.