How about this for me? Viper for sale | FerrariChat

How about this for me? Viper for sale

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by allanlambo, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
  2. G-Car-Man

G-Car-Man Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    South of Boston
    Full Name:
    Greg K
    That vehicle is actually sapphire blue which they only made that year; very rare and very stunning in person... I would be leary of buying a modified vehicle sight unseen; if you can get to OH to check it out I bet you could get it for around 50k (55k seems high); BTW good choice on a Viper over the TT.

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That one Allan looks cool, black looks cool on Vipers IMO.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    a supercharged viper...Not my kind of thing.

5. ecadwell

ecadwell Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Bend, OR
    Full Name:
    Eric Cadwell
    Looks pretty sweet to me. I'm not sure about the value of a blown Viper, and certainly not sure about the condition, with the very limited information. Check it out thoroughly, but i'm sure you knew that.

Bottom line is that I'm sure it would be ridiculously fast

ridiculously fast = awesome

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I like rediculously fast. Its also set for low boost. I hear it is setup to handle 1000hp.

7. ecadwell

ecadwell Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Bend, OR
    Full Name:
    Eric Cadwell
    Yeah, I've seen a quarter mile video of the Hennessey Venom 800 TT. I know that it is turboed rather than supercharged, but it just shows what boost can do to a Viper. That one is *only* 833HP/900TQ, and it still posted 2.5 0-60 times, and sub-10 second quarter miles. WOW!

I know that I'm just sitting on the bench reading numbers, but I sure liked what I saw on that video! Go for it!!!!

8. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Allan, if you can get this car to handle F40 levels of power (I mean hp/l) you realize the car will be giving near 1300 HP!!! (based on 160/l) GOOD GOD! you GOTTA do it! But the question is, what color DO you like? I always loved black, especially with the silver stripe, but I bet its not as well done as the stradales painted one, probably just painted on at the end. Is this car a daily? if so, Ive heard, unfortunately, that the viper is really uncomfortable. But go for it anywayz!

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Allan what happened to the 996TT, since when did you start getting interested in Vipers?

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Im all over the place.

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Stick with the murcielago then..or be the first to get a supercharged or turboed Gallardo ?

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    This has no bearing on the murcielago.
    I want a driver that i can drag race, and not worry about parking somewhere. Something i can also drive to work.

13. lionsfan54

lionsfan54 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    all that build up of the engine and no brake mods? Not a good idea. IMHO a GTS has weak brakes (for the amount of speed it can generate). I would have like to have seen a 14" Baer kit on there