OK what is Nurburgring?! | FerrariChat

OK what is Nurburgring?!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by RSraddo, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    From various forums I have read it is as follows
    1. In Germany
    2. Crazy
    past that WTF IS it? It appears to be an old race track turned into something like a public jog way? But for highspeeds autos.

Kyle

2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
  3. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    The original track was over 20 miles long. You can drive on it as long as you want, you pay per lap!!

4. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi Kyle,

mhmmm,
    Have you heared about www.google.com?
    Sorry, its one of the most famous race tracks of the world!
    Serious, type in Nürburgring and you will get tons of results, its too much to list and tell you here in a few sentences.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

5. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    Sorry guys... I guess I am looking to wade thourgh the reviews. I read a very long article about it but could really care less about how to take the turns. Im more curious in it's "story" :) Would you believe I work with an SEP company as well!? I often times forget to use the damn things.

Kyle

6. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    It is the most fun i have EVER had in a car (and leagues better than female "back seat delight"). In fact i was JUST driving the 'ring on the XBox with a Ferrari 275. Got bored of navigating in the Enzo.

Enjoy the (Xbox simulated) Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

7. taunus

taunus Formula Junior

Jan 24, 2002
    Germany, Osnabrueck
    Full Name:
    Ansgar
    Sorry, but the famous Nordschleife is 22 kilometers long (~13,7 miles).

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    If you watch Formula 1, on May the 30th you be able to see the F1 cars racing around Nurburgring for the European GP.

9. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    maybe if you count the old Sudschleife and Start und Zeil schleife you'll get very close to 20 miles, or 30 km.

10. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Sorry wrong!
    This are 2 different race tracks!
    Both at the same place but the F1 track is a brand new other track beside the old historic Nürburgring.

Wolfarossa
    FORZA FERRARI

11. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson
    Still curious :)

Kyle

12. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
  13. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    #13 F1racer, Mar 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Okay I wasn't sure on which he was talking about.
    yeah they're both at the same place.

here's a map of the new one.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Wolfgang,
    Have you ever been to the new one? I guess the old Nurburgring ..yes.

15. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    While stationed at Ramstein, my favorite thing to do was to drive the Mondial 3.2 up to the Nurburgring, just north of Bitburg. The Oldtimer Grand Prix, Ferrari Racing Days, and many other events on both the new and old tracks are fabulous - and the people are great. You can essentially walk up to the cars behind the pits and really enjoy the great enthusiasts. Met Robert Retzlaff (308 GTB register) and Edvaar Van Daalan (Telaio) there - what great folks. None better.

If you own a Ferrari, it would be well worth the life defining event of taking your car over and driving it to and on the 'ring (Free car shipping with first class berth on the QE2). In fact, just driving to the Ring on the Autobahn and beautiful German Eifel secondary roads will give you an appreciation of your car you can never realize in America. Spa is not far to the North. Would recommend Ferrari Racing Days - over 1000 Ferraris from all over Europe. And the Germans are terrific.

I'm homesick.
    best
    rt

16. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Here is a link to the history of the track. Its sort of a pinnacle, like climbing Mt. Everest (perhaps the analogy is apt, since alot of people who go to both are not qualified, and there is a history of tragedy associated with both places). But, the story i like best is the one about the 1935 Grand Prix, unexpectedly won by the Italians. Our hero happened to be carrying his own copy of the Italian national anthem when the hosts failed to produce theirs. I hope to go there in the right circumstances. I also understand that the taxi service is manned by some serious drivers who will take you for a hot lap. Here's the history link. http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/history.html

17. evandaalen

evandaalen Formula 3
    Consultant

Feb 7, 2004
    Deventer, NL
    Full Name:
    Edvar van Daalen
    Hi Russ! Very nice to see you here! It's some time ago, but of course I still remember meeting you at the Ring. With your lovely Mondial! Those good old days ;-)

I have to go now, but I hope we can meet again one day :)

Grtx, Edvar

18. TomSilver

TomSilver Karting

Jan 26, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Tom
    You want to see the Nürburgring? Take a ride with this M3 CSL driver, and fasten your seat belts. This guy is fast....;)

Nürburgring Video

enjoy-
    Tom

19. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Wow!! Now thats what i am talking about Tom........give that man a Ferrari!! I have always loved Nurburgring and have been there twice. There is talk about haveing a speed limit, i say nooo! You makes your choice in life.Personaly i love the danger of anything with a high level of danger.Love that vidio, is there one of a ferrari doing it i wonder.

20. Wolfgang

Wolfgang F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 8, 2003
    Heidelberg, Germany
    Full Name:
    Wolfgang
    Hi John,

yes of course;)
    I have driven last year the F1 race-track with my old 308 GTS QV and also a couple of times the famous "Nordschleife" Nürburgring with my Ferrari.

Maybe you remember our dear old friends JENS & AMAR here from the board. We have lost them both last year (20. June 2003) on our 1. Ferrarichat.com European Meeting. They died both in a horrible crash at the Nordschleife / Nürburgring with their Modena 360.
    R.I.P my dear old friends!

21. vanimal

vanimal Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    Vaughan
    That the real deal, pity to see the bikers that crashed but its the best place on earth, interrestingly they used the exact same music track that I used in my video of us doing the ring in my mates Z3.

22. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    I didnt know they died. I noticed they havent been posting lately. Moment of silence to the falling victims of the 'ring....moment....