Your real dream (obtainable) Garage | FerrariChat

Your real dream (obtainable) Garage

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by allanlambo, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Ok, we've all done the dream garage sequence with all the million dollar cars in the garage, but does anyone have a real plan on getting your obtainable cars? Im trying to have a nice garage set-up that will hold what i consider my favorite cars from all my favorite marks. The cars i will have may be older, but the requirement i have, is that they can atleast be modified to hang with latest cars out today. This will leave out cars that i like, such as the Lamborghini Jalpa and Ferrari 308/328/348. I will also most likely sell my 355 as it is not a monumental ferrari inmo.

so here is what id like to have:

Lotus= Keep my 2000 TT, and add an 86-87 Model in mint shape with a few mods, maybe trade my Tt for a Sport 350.

Ferrari-512TR, F40

Lamborghini- Keep my Sv, add used Murcielago, used Gallardo and a Carbed Qv Countach.

Porsche= was thinking about buying a 996TT, but i think the epitome of the Porsche turbo series is the 1994 3.6 Turbo, of course modded.

Dodge Viper- A modified Gts to pound the piss out of.

2. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I am in agreement with all on there, agree with the 3.6 Turbo, Lotus is THE bang-for-your-buck car. 512TR over a 288GTO? I take unbrage with the 308-328 though. LOL

3. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Well since I am having to sell the camaro (insurance is too much $) then I hope to replace it with a

Volvo P1800 Coupe, but parts would be a problem, so I am thinking along the lines of a

Toyota MR2 (previous model). Hopefully. Ill probably end up driving an Eclipse or somtheing stupid like that :mad:

When I head out to college in a few years I may look into a Porsche 911 (964) or (993 if they are cheap enough).

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I like 288Gto, but too expensive. it would be 288 or F40, and i choose the f40.

328 or jalpa would be costly to mod to todays power levels.

5. Why not a new porsche TT or new Viper ? The 512TR and F40 great choice favorite F-cars the Lambo Countach,Diablo, and murcialgo are great to the Gallardo is well ok.

6. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    My future garage, outside of 2 daily drivers:

1972 Olds Cutlass (S or 442) convertible
    - cheap to buy and maintain, good top-down cruiser for the family
    1999-2001 Corvette (coupe, with Z51 suspension)
    - summer driver for me (on the days I don't have to drop the kids off), enough oomph for track days
    330 GT 2+2 Series 2
    - Again, great fun and can take the family with me.

This is realistic to me - I don't want anything I can't drive.

7. Obidos

Obidos Rookie

Mar 13, 2004
    1. Toyota Supra '96
    I just love this car, one of my fav cars ever.
    The sound is just awesome, and it looks so nice.
    You dont even have to tune the thing up ;-)

2. Ferrari 355 Spyder '97
    I love it! Top up, and just cruise.
    The nice sound of the V8, with Tubi ofcourse ;-), on the background..jum jum..

Those 2 cars im planning to buy later, when i have the money ofcourse ;)

8. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I dont think the new TT Porsche is the epitome of the series. When i think of the Porsche Turbo i see a vision of black 3.6 Turbo. It is air cooled, with the classic body style.

Same for the Viper, the new one maybe a better car, but the Gts is far better styled.

9. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Awesome garage your planning to do Allan!

Love the 512 TR and F40 idea!
    As for the Lamborghini combo, gosh that would be amazing! I think you forgot something ...the Miura!!

Porsche...What do you think of the new GT2? or you could get those 993 GT2 made in the 90's.

10. enzoz

enzoz Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I want a Ferrari of some sort... and maybe the sucessor to the Esprit V8TT if it uses turbos. But it'll depend on where I live... I'd want something sporty but also something I can personalize.

Maybe... 550 Maranello, F355 and an Elise of somesort. Far under a million dollars...

11. isellpower

isellpower Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2003
    Midwest
    Full Name:
    Jason
    We discussed you getting the GT2 over the Viper a couple of days ago and the GT2 is still in my long term plans. I have a single turbo Supra for those pesky ricers, but the 355 is going as soon as I get the headers fixed and I'm buying a 996tt. I'll do some light mods and hopefully get a GT2 in a few years. If the price of the F40 comes down I would sell the 996tt and Supra to get one. If the F40 stays high I'll go after a 6.0 Diablo. I think the 6.0 is one of the most elegant looking cars ever made, especially for a Lambo.

To sum it up.

GT2
    then
    F40 or 6.0 Diablo

12. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    #12 EspritSE, Mar 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    1997 Turbo S

last of the 993 bodied, air cooled, "real" 911s

fwiw-
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    You need this:

:D

14. subgraphic

subgraphic Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Austin

Mine includes a 2003 Turbo S :)

15. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

CORRECTION:

I need that! :D

16. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan

a Gt2 would be nice, but im also factoring cost. used Gt2=125-135,000 while a nice 3.6=50,000.

I like the muira, but never really lusted after one. i grew up with the Countach.

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    No bikes for me.

18. ty (360mode)

ty (360mode) Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2002
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    right now i have an '02 360 (6spd), '03 996TT (6spd) and the dog car, '96 jeep cherokee :) one thing i'd definitley like is a gallardo or used murci - just wish they'd get a dealer here in town...

19. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    A Stradale...

20. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Hmmm.

Well, I'm not too concerned about hanging with the supercars, and I'll always have a limited car budget, so here's my simple list:

328GTS <--- got it

330 GT 2+2 -- Classic vintage Fcar styling

1957 Caddy hearse with the plate "U R NEXT"

Dodge Ram SRT10 or a 78-79 Lil Red Express Truck

Lotus 7 replica for track days

21. RSraddo

RSraddo Karting

Feb 11, 2004
    Battle Creek, MI
    Full Name:
    Kyle Davidson

Your going to buy a 993/6 in College and you say ins. is to expensive now for a Camaro? Fill me in on how you plan to afford this car haha.

Kyle

22. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Either :

Testarossa

355B

512TR (stretching here)

With the beautiful 2001 Jeep Wrangler - For the days when I need to keep it real :)

23. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Ok I'll play, the realistic factor makes it worthwhile, too many of these "billion dollar garage" threads for sure. For me though I'm not going the best-of-each-marque way that Allan has, I tend to want one solid car for each class of transportation with as little overlap as possible.

1. Daily driveable sports car - The next update to the Gallardo. SV, GT, whatever, just want it a bit lighter, and with more HP, then I can possibly kill two birds with one stone by avoiding having to buy a used Murci.

2. Daily driveable GT car - Aston Martin AMV8 / Vanquish. Supposedly Aston is NOT going to be offering a computer controlled clutch on either the AMV8 or the higher up DB9 as they do with the Vanquish, so that may make the Vanquish my pick. In So Cal the traffic rears up when you least expect it (lots of accidents) so a manual gearbox is out of the question.

3. Pure track car - Radical SR3 / Lotus Elise If you want to actually WIN events, the Radical is the only pick with the exception of a tricked out Viper ACR. However I'm not sure yet if I need to be so hardcore, so the Elise is on the list as well. Plus the Elise is street legal, in a pinch you could take it out and about.

4. Sports Utility Vehicle - Future Lamborghini model. This is getting further and further away from happening according to the latest rumors, but if Audi were to greenlight the rumored Lambo SUV with the Gallardo's V-10 in it, I'd be all over it, no question. As a backup in case the Lambo falls through, I'll go with a used Porsche Cayenne Turbo. 550+HP mods are already trickling down for this SUV, would be hilarious to drag it in the low 12s against true sportscars.

5. Luxury Sedan - 2006 Acura RL I don't want to spend a lot of money here, so Bentleys and the like are out. I also don't want a new M5 or anything because if I want to play F1-pilot, I'll drive the Gallardo. Plus I want to be able to grind this car if I have to, park it at supermarkets, movie theaters, etc and not give a **** about it. Honda's newer sedans have great trick features, the bluetooth compatiblity in the lower TL is amazing if you haven't played with it. The next RL is suppossed to be a pretty sharp car, we'll see. If not, then the new Lexus GS or a decked out Lexus 430 would do fine.

6. Wife's Car - Mercedes SL600 Another choice that's somewhat strange with both the SL55 being cheaper, and the SL65 being faster, but for her car I just want a strong convertible that hustles when it needs to and provides drama-free cruising when it needs to. Mercedes isn't exactly the paragon of reliability that they used to be, so eliminating the s/c from the mix is a GOOD thing. Mags place the SL600 in the mid to low 12s for the 1/4, so it's definitely fast enough to shake a leg.

I think that's it for me, six cars, total price about $600k.

24. dartman

dartman Rookie

Mar 10, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    Full Name:
    Adam
    Here it goes:
    F-40
    Aston Martin Vantage
    '74 911 Carerra
    Healey 100-6
    Ducatti 996
    Ducatti 900ss ( the late 70's version )
    BMW 740i or Audi S8 ( you need something to get the groceries )

25. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Well! Everyone back to work! Time to make the donuts!