760rwhp!!! on a Lexus | FerrariChat

760rwhp!!! on a Lexus

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by F360@20, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
  2. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Id set it on fire..

3. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hmm I don't know why that is so hard to believe. That is basically the same motor as the Supra. The inline 6 is also used in the GS300, and there are plenty of 300-450 hp of them running around.

My SC is pushing 410 at the wheels, so I don't see why it is so surprising.
    There is also a twin turbo LS400, 4 liter V8 around that is pushing lots of HP. You can check out Clublexus for further info.

Good day gentlemen. :)

4. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    Im not doubting it I just was not sure if it could do that. I dont know much about lexus at all or what they can do. I just tought you would need to put in new rods and pistons to push that much boost?

5. FrostCS

FrostCS Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    More importantly that mentions that, that is in fact the supra (turbo) block, so it isn't as if he just simply added a turbo, the cast iron block itself with stock bottom end, is more then enough to support that power, since after all it isn't frequently used based on the characteristics of a large single turbo.

There are many a lexus out there with the supra engine swap, it's pretty popular. The one thing that does sound strange about that car, is the fact it remained the vvt-i heads, but uses the standard 272 cams (supra) which wouldn't work the way the timing system is set up. So it appears he forgot to mention he used n/a non vvt heads, or they altered the head itself.
    Anyways, I just wanted to chime in and say its very possible with the low compression block he used, with the right fuel support.

The intake manifold/system he used is just horrid though.
    Take care,
    CS

6. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I never understood short air intake systems, works like crap when all your doing is trapping hot air from the engine.

7. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego

What are you talking about? We never said anything about short ram air systems.

8. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    What about the tranny?

9. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Same as mine

Getrag V-160 Supra 6-Speed

10. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH

Look at the pic & you tell me. tHis would be above the exhaust header pipe without the heatshield. Too much hot air & not enough cold air to the intake manifold.

11. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    if its got the 2jze engine block it doesn't need forged internals done

12. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    ricers have **** *ed up minds

lol

post 355

13. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego

Thats why they have Inner-coolers. Show me where you can put the intake on a turbo car with out moving the plumbing?

14. FrostCS

FrostCS Karting

Mar 3, 2004
    Vegas
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Moving the plumbing is what SHOULD have been done.
    "Intercooler", and an upgraded manifold (trust, hks, jun, etc etc) could have been used in place of the n/a manifold, least the builder could have done was used a turbo manifold.
    The intercooler does NOT help when the intake pipes are run back over the turbo & manifold AFTER the intercooler, that is the problem with this set up, that and he has the air filter in a heat drenched area of the engine bay which is another problem, yet clearly not as big as a problem as the intake manifold/piping design.

15. nonturbo

nonturbo Rookie

Feb 9, 2004
    I own a business that modifies Naturally Aspirated Supras, IS300's and SC300's. So maybe I can help a little bit on the subject.

The car doesn't have the stock 2JZGE. It has been upgraded to the twin turbo Toyota Supra motor which is called the 2JZGTE. The car does not need any forged internals at that power level. Howeve if you upgrade to around 800whp, that's when I'd start worrying about upgrading the internals. This car was done very professionally and no shortcuts were taken with it.

The price is pretty low, if it's a car you want. I'd place my bid on it. You'd be suprised how good of daily drivers these cars make. You can easily daily drive them on pumpgas and it'll feel just like a Lexus and on the track put some C16 in there and you have 700+whp at the touch of a foot. I'd pay at least up to $40,000.00 for that car which is still low. I wish you luck on your purchase and feel free to ask me anymore questions you have as I can probably help you or my tech guy can if I can't.

Prancing_Horse- It's not a ricer car for one. Second of all, it has more potential even if your F355 had a Koening system on it. Don't get me wrong, I'd trade you cars anyday for an F355 for the simple fact that driving a Ferrari is an incredible experience. But the fact that this Lexus (which is technically American, so ricer is the wrong term if you are talking about Japanese cars. If you mean it's rice as in modified the wrong way, everything on it is very clean.) could hand you your ass anyday of the week, any kind of racing. I'd give it some respect at least. Be a true car enthusiast and know a work of art when you see it.

Lafun2-Glad to see another Supra owner on the board!