Top Gear: This Week's Lambo Special: Got it? | FerrariChat

Top Gear: This Week's Lambo Special: Got it?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by karmavore, Nov 18, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Racingflix only has the Gallaro segemt. Anyone have the whole deal?

It would be much appreciated.

Luke.

2. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    you can see if anyone has it at www.jabbasworld.net in the forum section.
    thats where most of the topgears on racingflix come from anyway, AND you wont have to deal with racingflix's painfully slow server. The guy who runs that site is a real ass, limiting DL's to ~4kpbs, in hoes that they will pay him $ to DL them faster. ISnt that against the law- pay to get copyrighted material?

3. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    You know the site doesn't pay for it's self right? Maybe you should start a free site we can all download from. Sorry just venting.

4. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    The law is the law. You cannot charge $ for copyrighted material. The fact that the site costs $ to run doesnt justify someone breaking the law. (and being an ass about it too by making DL's so slow in order to force ppl to pay, (which i never will). he should get sponsors. that might be a bit more legal)

5. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Hey Tim that Jabbasworld site you linked looked like a pretty nice site, I've never seen it before. I'm considering registering, is there a lot of good ferrari/lambo info on there?

6. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    I think we all know where not actually "paying" for the material as it's submitted by the users what your really paying for is the bandwidth. The bandwidth it takes to host vids of those size has to be quite expensive. I think Jabba has stopped posting vids on his site due to a few people complaining about there new reviewing policy. I missed the post and lost my B downloading status before I knew about it. It's a shame a few complainers ruined it for everybody there.

7. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    He is charging for bandwidth, not content. You get the same thing, but faster if you pay for the higher bandwidth. Completely legal. And yes, bandwidth typically costs money.

The legality of the content does not change with the bandwidth. If it's illegal at high speeds, then it's illegal at low speeds as well.

8. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I've noticed that all the good stuff comes from jabba. I already pay for RacingFlix and that's fine with me as long as it has the most Top Gear and 5th Gear content. That's all I'm after. Whomever has the most gets my $$.

Luke.

PS, I'm fine with paying and am not interested in the politics. He has what I want and makes it easy to get to, therefore he gets my $5/month.

9. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    He gets $, you get copyrighted material. This is illegal. It's as simple as that.

If i bought a CD at a store, copied it, and then gave it to you in return for $1, which was to cover my time & cost of the blank CD, is that legal? You might argure that it is illegal to copy the CD in the first place. YES, it is, just like this guy is breaking the law by providing this stuff for download to begin with. It is just more severe and the fines are heftier when you recieve $ in return.

10. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I justify it because if I could get could get Top Gear here in the USA I'd pay for it.

They have advertisers who aren't marketing to me.

They are subsidized by a government that I don't live under.

No moral qualms.

Luke.