Habberstad BMW... | FerrariChat

Habberstad BMW...

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by 134282, Mar 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So i was speaking with a friend of mine who was speaking with the owner of Habberstad BMW a few months ago, here on the Island and he said the owner knows an NNO owner; said the NNO owner also owns a "darker red" 550 Barchetta (adding that the owner's wife owns a Porsche)... Anyone know this fella or heard of him...? Is he here on the chat...? Anyone have any idea what the serial number of that particular NNO is...?

This is 2 - MAYBE 3 - NNOs i can account for here on Long Island; there's also a black one and MAYBE another red one; unfortunately, i don't know any of the owners, personally, but these are just the cars i can see that Long Island can claim...

My friend also said he saw the NNO, 550 Barchetta and the Porsche, one after the other, on Jericho Turnpike one day, last year... It was the first time he ever saw an NNO in person... i still think i'd freak if i saw one driving down the road...

2. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Erik Habberstad was talking about Bob Wallach. If you want to know about Bob's cars, you can call Demetri (also at Habberstad) by calling the main number at the dealership 631 271 7177. Demetri's good friends with Bob and might be able to answer some of the chassis # questions you have. Tell him that Emil from Nickelodeoon sent you...

3. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Wow...! Emil, that's really awesome, thank you very much...!

4. 333sp

333sp Rookie

Dec 7, 2003
    Heres an article on him and his Enzo ferrari:

http://speed.*************/Board?viewThread=y&fID=8&tID=88238

Hes a realy cool guy i met him twice, Some of his cars iv seen in person were his Enzo, 550 Berchetta, Aston Martin Vanquish, and one of his yellow Porsches (i dont know the model)..... He also has a Audi RS6, Ferrari F40, And the Carrera GT is on its way.

Very lucky guy.

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, 333 SP, thanks...! i remember hearing about the article; is it true the NNO had trouble in Manhattan...?

Do you happen to know the serial number of his NNO...? i took Emil's advice and called Habberstad, but Demetri never returned my call... i understand folks are busy and i don't wanna pester the guy to talk about a car that he's not even selling, you know...? Any information would be awesome... Thanks...

6. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist

7. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Cool... Are you familiar with the owner...?

PRFCTNST, 333, welcome to FerrariChat...

8. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist

9. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy

10. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    yeah the guy owns some insurance company i think. he took few of the rides to bimmerfest at habberstand bmw last summer, nice guy.

on a side note, Demetri is a fat bastard with bad attitude.

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Oh... um... gee... Emil made it seem like he was a nice guy...

12. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

WHO DAT???

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The guy who works at Habberstad BMW, here on Long Island; Huntington, i think, right on Jericho Turnpike... i can validate that claim, i've never met the guy, but apparently Perfectionist has...

Hey, how are you feeling...? i'll call you in a little while...

14. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    he is the director of motorsports at Habberstand, which is a Dinan dealer. he also sells cars(BMW), to some VIP clients, like the Bob guy with the Enzo.

almost every "average" guy i know, dealt with him in one way or the other, have said he isn't a nice guy unless you are "somebody".

at the bimmerfest event, bob came with enzo and 550, Demetri was going for a ride, the enzo was exiting the parklot making a right onto 4 lane street, Demetri yelled out to some black guy "yo, go stop the traffic". i personally don't see how necessary it was to stop traffic, it was just a normal exit, no trick no danger, as long as it is a car it can make the way out, no even busy street, beside that, it would certainly be nice to say it a normal way like "hey can you stop the traffic?".

i don't know him personally or dealt with him, just what i heard and saw weren't too positive.

15. rennen

rennen Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    New York
    Demitri is one of my closest friends. There is not a bad word that anyone that knows him could say about him. Emil is a very close friend of his also. So from two people that know him, don't go spreading crap around on the internet that could affect a man's reputation.

16. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    We can't all be pleasant, well-adjusted people...

17. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I CANT AGREE MORE WITH YOU

WOODEAR.KNOW BEFORE YOU SPEAK

BLACK355.........FOR A NEWBIE...YOU NEED AN ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT.............

18. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    look, i am not disputing what you know, ok? but don't dispute what i know either.
    for anyone in this world, there are ppl think he/she is nice, and there are ppl think he/she is not. heck i am sure there are plenty of ppl love Saddam or Bin Laden in the world, does it mean they are good guys?? prolly not.

there is a difference between spreading rumor and stating an opinion. i am telling my opnion and what i saw, it's 100% fine if you disagree. you make your own judgement, but don't disallow my rights to speak.

19. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    i do know before i speak.
    disagree with you all you want, but don't tell me i don't know what i am saying.

20. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    .GROW UP WITH YOUR NEGATIVE WORDS ABOUT SOMEONE..YOU DONT EVEN KNOW HIM........LATER,,,,,,,,,

21. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I've been looking for this article everywhere. I've seen bits and pieces of it, but never the full thing. Thank you very much for posting this link. I actually want to print this into a PDF and combine, but when I tried to shrink the size in Photoshop, it rendered the text too pixelized, and therefore unreadable. Does anybody know the best way to shrink the *.bmp's, while still maintaining the crispness of the text??

On a related note, what has happend to ************* -- it's become a nightmare to navigate?? Ad after ad, automatic attempts to install software, eye-hurting flashing signs. This used to be such an elegant site?!

22. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris

i do not "know" him, i never dealt with him as in i do not have any business or personal transactions with him. but i "interacted" with him on several different occations over the years, at habberstad or at auto-x events. it is my PERSONAL OPINION that he did not appear to ME as a nice guy from what I witnessed.
    maybe he is SUPER nice to you, but that's YOUR experience, not mine.

like i said, if i am BSing, it is one thing. but honestly stating a personal opinion, is another.

23. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    What attitude is that, exactly? The light sarcasm directed to w00dear? As a newbie, I was trying to make a statement without jumping down anyone's throat.

...but since the door is open...

While I do not agree with his assesment of Duke, I can understand how someone might come to that conclusion. When you're a brilliant driver and automotive intellect, you're prone to offend and appear abrasive. Personally, when he kicks my ass at an AutoX in my own car, I want to kill the guy. :) ...but for the people that know the man, who do business with the man -- we know he's a great guy who would do (and has done) anything for his family, friends, and customers...

24. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist
    Hey Woodear, you are totaly right about Dimitri, you go ask people in the Porsche club and see what they say, than ask people he does business with and see what theyt say ( only few will say truly good things about him), and i know him :)

25. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Well, i don't wanna pass judgment on someone i've not yet met... i'll give him another call, maybe next week... Hopefully i'll talk to him, if not, no harm, no foul...