Public Enemy #1 | FerrariChat

Public Enemy #1

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Nibblesworth, Mar 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    Seems as though I pissed a few people off in the 355 vs. Mustang thread. I was even blamed for the new cost of membership here.

My question is, are members like me valuable to an internet website, or do we take away from the over-all quality of discussion?

My thoughts: of course people like me have some value. First off, I'm not afraid to say a damn thing, and I'll gladly say exactly what I feel. I push the envelope, and I cross lines. People say that's a bad thing, but the 355 vs. Mustang thread got over 3,000 views before being locked. In addition to that particular thread, there are quite a few other that have garnered simliar view counts when controversial or offensive material is used by myself or other members. No PR is bad PR, right?

So I'm wondering, does anyone here feel this place would be better with me gone? I'm not taking a poll so that I'll leave, 'cause that ain't gonna happen unless I'm banned. But aside from J. Scott Leonard, who thinks this place suffers because of me?

Discuss.

2. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    Hmmm, if I recall correctly, don't you have a Fiat X1/9? If so, you can't be completely worthless.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I'll just go on record to say that a Mustang driver of any stripe is the worst thing I can encounter in traffic on a given day.

Recently, not even driving my Ferrari, I was in my T/A, admittedly pretty obvious with the 25th Anniversary 6 spd. package. Two 'stangs roared up alongside, made at least six throttle punches in a goading attempt to enter a contest for speed, and failing that, roared off thru traffic, erratically changing lanes without signaling, heavy Sunday afternoon traffic, posted Speed Limit 60mph in town, even on the highways.

My gf and I nearly died laughing at this behavior, which appears in Hollywood films, but was totally aberrant and dangerous on a public roadway.

I hopefully scanned the horizon for the burning flames signalling their demise, but sadly, found none.

Is that the kind of "edge of the envelope" type behavior you are refering to in your post? How long 'till these guys all kill themselves? Can't happen fast enough to suit me!

4. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Insult individual's readily obvious shortcomings or social/character flaws, lock your lip and throw away the key when it comes to speculation on said invidual's family member's habits.

Don't over-defend your marque while offending the other. If you wish to compare old-school to exclusive-school, use raw data and real world experience, while at the same time, balancing the car equation of stock, aftermarket, marketplace and pure satisfaction. Bear in mind, car manufacturers have finally listened to the crowds of those who've long spent time and money on improving stock performance - and in so doing, these pioneers have made an easier job for those who benefit from performance enhancements at the factory, without the fuss and bother... and certainly have made challengers to the throne less expensive, while much wailing and gnashing of teeth ensues. In the right hands, Grandpa's Station Wagon could scare the living bejesus out of far more expensive sheet-metaled wonder-chariots.

Good as your gun may be, don't wildly shoot all your ammunition. Aim well, and you'll cripple/kill your target on the fly.

Try that approach, then you'll have lock, stock and barrel.

5. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Yeah, you got me Speedy. I goad T/A, Camaros, and F-cars into racing against my Mercury Grand Marquis. Sometimes I just can help myself, you know? That 4,000lbs hog just flies when I nail the pedal to the floor. That gooshy-slush-box AODE shifts so hard and crisp, and the bubble-gum shocks and two-mile-tall radials provide for oh-so-confident handling.

Next time you see my boat in your mirror, beware! Hold your girlfriend tight, and pray that I don't rev my anemic Grand-Daddy tuned engine your way! You'll be scared, so scared!

:rolling my eyes:

6. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy
    It's dead in my yard, so I guess I'm pretty close to completely worthless.

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Maybe one day Nibblesdickforfun, will have a job, and afford a 308Gt4.... and yeah, he'd still be worthless...

8. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, why didn't you mention the X1/9 earlier!

Welcome aboard, matey! ROTFLMAO

You're simply totally wrong to believe that internet behavior and real world behavior are separate issues. I think Rob and other moderators HOPE the decorum on the site here would approach the levels you'd display if meeting face to face.

It seems you pop in to talk smack and then incite arguements, which you defuse with the comment "It's just the internet."

I think those of us trying to use the site for Ferrari related real world issues might disagree.

You seem to be the type that WOULD have much to offer in tech discussions or even Ferrari related exchange, but we can't see it past all your vulgar, insulting writing style.

I'll definately watch for the Mercury! It won't be full of Milk Duds, will it?

9. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Some day, Ellen, SOMEDAY, I'll be as cool as you.

10. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Well it is, isn't it? Am I missing something here?

11. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Nibblesdickforfun

Allen, that's great, LOL.

12. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    I doubt that.

13. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    I think this whole topic is a joke. I think your flame with Allan was HILARIOUS!! Anybody that complained really needs to BUY a sense of humor! Now, the wife stuff is a little bit messed up and out of bounds BUT if Allan continued that tells me HE was not offended. I guess the real problem is that the moderators have better things to do than constantly monitor expletives. Nevertheless I could not stop laughing at that thread.

14. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    I'm down with Nibbles, he had some good disses in the politcal threads with Telson and Art, LOL.

15. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    classless use of the word "_ _ _fag" in regards to nibbles...

what kind of BS is that??

where is the moderator when people are being subjected to remarks like this??

i don't blame nibbles for sh_ iting on lambo...

i'm all for fun and games but there are certain phrases and words that should be considered off limits and lambo must be a real schmuck...

lambo stop by seattle on your visit to LA so i can show you our town...

16. 194kw

194kw Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Boy howdy! I had to take a psychological evaluation before they left me drive off with my mustang. Almost didn't let me on account of barely meeting the acceptable level of insanity. You sure nailed it though, only the mustangs are being driven recklessly out there. Damn fine observation.

17. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

In all fairness, we've been crapping on each other quite a bit, so it's not a big deal to me.

In fact, I'm intrigued at his constant use of "***" and "dick" and anal sex in references to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm flattered that he likes me that way, but I *do* have a girlfriend, and I don't swing "his" way.

18. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Can somone please explain to me why this thread should NOT be tanked? I really dont feel like reading through it, but browsing, it doesnt look too good...

19. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Uh huh, thats not what your brother said.

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    control yourself. Higgins called, he wants his car back.

21. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

A few good reasons:

1. I asked a valid question.

2. This *is* Off Topic, after all.

If you're going to start moderating useless threads in OT, then you've got a HUUUUUUGE task ahead of you.

Look, I understand the new stripes on your sleeves need to be exercised, but I tell ya, man, GIVE IT A REST! Why not moderate what needs to be moderated? If you don't like this thread, don't f'ing read it. But until it starts to break rules and whatnot, leave it alone. Moderator DOES NOT mean God. Sorry.

22. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Nibbler, I'll go where few dare tread. One thing that the world needs less of is anger. Just like Carbon has, you need to learn how to express yourself without getting into everybody's face. Say what you will, say what you like. But, say it with a smile.

Dr "Happy Chat" Tax

23. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Hi there Nebs,

Long time no "chat". Here is my $0.02:

I hope you don't leave, as you're a very bright guy and you have interesting and often hilarious things to say.

That said, imho, I noticed sometime around Christmas, your posts seemed to take on a really vicious tone. You went from calm and reasoned to very angry and nasty in almost all of your posts.

I'm not saying it's only you. I needed to take a 2 month break from FChat post-Christmas because it seemed that we were having a group psychotic reaction of some kind and it became truly unpleasant to even log in, let alone participate.

On the one hand I understand your "it's just the Internet" philosophy, but on the other hand, this is a (virtual) community and people are affected by what is "said"; some more so than others.

Anyway, the point of this meandering post is, I hope you stay, and I hope you can consider going back to the "old" Nebula Class we all knew.

Regards,
    Joe

edit - no need to say "I hope you stay", because I know you're not leaving...but I hope you see what I'm getting at.

24. Nibblesworth

Nibblesworth Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 29, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    BillyBoy

Now that you mention it, I guess my posts did become quite negative a few months back. I'm honestly trying to find some link - something that might explain it. I'm a fairly happy dude in real life - no major problems to speak of.

Who knows - perhaps F-chat is my "outlet", and by venting here I stay nice and fuzzy offline. Regardless, thanks for the kind words.

25. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    lambo,

you've ruined a lambo by painting stripes on its side...probably your initials...

and now your having fun making fun of fello chatters ferrari's..

i have a strong feeling that you are one of these ferrari owners i really dislike...unattractive, moneyhungry and caught up in objects that you think help you look good...when in fact you have no class and a real turn off...

lets have some real fun then...

why don't you prove us all wrong by posting a picture of yourself...love to see if i'm right...