612 LOOKING GOOD!!!! | FerrariChat

612 LOOKING GOOD!!!!

Discussion in '612/599' started by Mako99, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Not.

My god this car is heinious.

Well at least we now know how the factory caught on fire...an employee tried to do the right thing and nuke this catfish before it goes into production.

Nice headlights, LOL!

2. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    I think it looks great! but thats my opinion, i hope this 2+2 does well in the market.....but i doubt it tho

3. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    I still can't believe they made such an ugly car.. I'm hoping I'll wake up and it'll all be a bad dream.

Maybe it was a ploy to bolster 456 residuals !

4. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    lol i guess i am the only one who likes it! hey guys come on! anyone here support me!!!! lol

5. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    Maybe.. just maybe it'd look better with smoked/darkened headlamp covers

As it is now, it doesn't look good.. a bit like the 360 headlights, which I'm not a fan of.

6. Mickey

Mickey Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Linnet Drive
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I don't like the car either. It does not look Ferrari. It is really ugly.

7. club0

club0 Formula Junior

Feb 22, 2004
    Helsinki, Finland
    It's a beautiful car! If you think it's so hideous, don't look at it. Show some respect!

8. Anteriore

Anteriore Formula Junior

Jan 4, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ramon
    I think it is a relatively good looking car from the windshield and backwards. But that UGLY nose! Personally, I prefer the 456 way over this car.

9. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Said the rookie who has posted twice. No,No dude you show some respect.......... only jokeing dude. Welcome Club0

10. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Guys, I'm telling you...pics don't do this car justice. It's beautiful in person and the interior is excellent.

11. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I love it now..its official !

12. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Everyone has an opinion...

The 612 has actually grown on me quite a bit.

13. C. Losito

C. Losito Formula Junior

Dec 12, 2003
    Metro St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Chris Losito
    Truth be told, I don't like the nose, and the 456 was a better looking car. I can think of many worse designs lately though.

14. funshipone

funshipone Formula Junior

Jan 2, 2002
    Harrison Twp. Mi. US
    Full Name:
    John Bicsak
    I'll be very happy with one if someone buys it for me I will learn to love it.

15. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I like the 612.

It is certainly a more conservative design than, let's say, a 360, but very much in character with a 2+2. One thing that amazed me is that my 6'-2" frame fits in the back seat fairly comfortably, something I cannot say about a 456. The car most certainly has retro styling cues, specifically the front end, which is the part of the car that I like the most. It definitely looks better in real life.

And 540bhp? Who can argue with that?

16. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    Looks like this picture was taken at the ATL auto show. Just wondering because I did not recognize the sales guy standing inside FOA ring. The little jerk there Saturday morning would not give me the time of day and would not answer any questions on the new 612.

I actually like it the new 612. Having already 1 child and a second on the way, the practicallity of the 4 seater makes since to me. But the azzhole working the arena did not care. Apparenly he did not want to be down their Saturday morning answering questions, that was evident. The Englishman over at the Mayback station would answer any question you threw at home though.

17. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    If you have not seen this car in person you dont have any idea what it looks like. I to thought, "what the hell have they done, even worse than the 456". Was I ever wrong. The one they had at the Dallas auto show was beautiful. I even had a hard time choosing between it and the Vantage(another great looking car). It really looks great from the front. Menacing, long low nose. Back end is a little odd, but looks pretty good to. Profile is nice. See it in person and most of you will change your tune. Guaranteed, because I hated magazine pics of it.

18. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Unfortunately my experiences talking with the Ferrari salesguys at several large car shows are the same. Of course, I'm still a couple of years under their target demographic (or should I say, a couple hundred thousand $K under), so I guess it's okay to be rude to me.

Not!

(have you ever day dreamed of buying a whole car dealership or business just to fire someone?)

19. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Was it in a previous thread that it was mentioned... Ferrari has a new inhouse Japanese gentleman doing Design, Was this one of His or the Enzo as well?????
    Curious to Know more about who is in design developement.

20. l'esecuzioneItaliana

Jan 29, 2004
    Its weird, when you look at this car it is ugly as hell. But then, after a couple days of lookin', it aint so bad. Ferrari is on to those new 'bug-eyed' lights.(hence the 612 and the 360) The 612 lights, unlike the 360's, dont go with the car. It looks like the newest creation from a Japanese motor car company, with a little bit of Italian soul.

21. mvespo348

mvespo348 Karting

Jan 5, 2004
    North New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Guy's, i was thinking and im kinda scared!!!!!

22. alx355gt

alx355gt F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Alexander
    They made a comparasion like this with the F550Maranello/Toyota Supra in the past too, remember? :) It looks a bit the same, but... it's actually totally different IMO!

Greets, Alex.

23. lukek

lukek Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

May 2, 2003
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    LK
    I like the lines and the interior, but those headlights have Banglelized the car. I have an idea where the inspiration came from:

24. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Get rid of the STUPID smilie face on the front of the car and it will look halfway decent. As it is, it looks like a cartoon.

DJ

25. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

Plain ugly.