Courtney Love on David Letterman last night..... | FerrariChat

Courtney Love on David Letterman last night.....

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Kds, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

The last part of this story is the best.....gotta love Letterman's quick wit..... !!! If you didn't see what happened last night...read on and laugh.
    ------------------

NEW YORK (AP) - A few hours after a loopy "Late Show" appearance in which she lifted her shirt to expose her breasts at least six times, rocker Courtney Love was arrested early Thursday for allegedly throwing a microphone stand and striking a man in the head.

The 24-year-old man was taken to a hospital in stable condition, police said. Police said they were charging Love with reckless endangerment and third-degree assault after the 2:30 a.m. incident at a posh Manhattan nightclub.

Messages left for representatives of Love early Thursday weren't immediately returned.

Love, who is facing felony drug charges in California, repeatedly lifted her olive shirt several times on David Letterman's CBS talk show.

Her back was facing the camera when she exposed herself while making an entrance. She then stood atop Letterman's desk, sang a few bars of "Danny Boy," and offered the host an up-close viewing. The video was altered so a profile of her breasts could not be seen.

She alluded to actress Drew Barrymore, who similarly exposed herself to the talk-show host.

"Very sweet of you," Letterman said. "We're going to lose our liquor license."

Love sat down on Letterman's couch, gestured to her chest and said, "FCC!"

Of the Federal Communication Commission's recent crackdown on lewd content on television and radio, Love said, "Is this like Reagan trickle-down economics? Is this like Bush trickle down?"

Love, the former lead singer of the group Hole, was arrested in October after allegedly trying to break into the Los Angeles home of a former boyfriend. Police later called to her home allegedly found painkillers when Love was taken to a treatment center for a drug overdose.

Love has been charged with two felony counts of possession of controlled substances. She also faces misdemeanor charges of disorderly conduct and being under the influence of a controlled substance.

A preliminary hearing in the felony case has been postponed to April 15. She showed up two hours late Tuesday for a court hearing and was scolded by the judge after talking out of turn in court.

During his show, Letterman asked Love whether she could talk about the court case. "Yeah, I'm not supposed to," she said.

When Letterman later asked if drugs were involved, Love said, "One expired Percocet and one Ambien."

Love later lit up a cigarette - defying New York City's strict anti-smoking laws - and asked Letterman, "Are you going to cut this because I'm smoking?"

"That won't be the reason we cut anything," he replied.

Letterman looked profoundly uncomfortable with Love's scatterbrained performance, but he did get the last word. He was looking to cut to a commercial, but Love insisted he ask her one more question.

"How much do you weigh?" Letterman said.

Love looked shocked. She didn't answer.

2. formula1joe

formula1joe Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Joe Bennett
    I saw the promos for it yesterday. I wanted to see it, but it is just on too late for us working folks. She has just completely lost it.

3. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    Piece of trash WHORE SKANK !! The wrong one blew their brains out IMO.

4. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat

you said it.

mdstrib

5. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I saw part of that last night - She's a bit of a mess. OK, a lotta bit.

6. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

that is just embarrassing that we even care about people like her. wife was watching south park last night and they were "beating off the dog" and singing about it. What has the world come to?

7. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Man I want to be her lawyer, he is the one making bank from all this!

8. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    What a piece of garbage. Rumor was that her hubby didn't kill himself. They said he had to much H in his system to do it. The rumor was she "helped" him. KABOOM.

9. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    she's a class act

10. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That sounds kind of funny, maybe Allan and Nibblesworth want to discuss that subject... it'll be a HOOT !! LOL

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I was watching Dave last night specifically to watch Courtney do something stupid, but I fell asleep! So pissed off when I saw the highlights. Like the saying goes, you can take the girl out of the gutter...

12. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    record people weren't very happy with his piss on everything attitude...there are several rumors that the record companies had something to do with his death...i wouldn't be surprised in the least...

13. Prugna 328

Prugna 328 Formula 3

Sep 10, 2003
    L.I.N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Gregory
    Letterman is a S-I-HEAD for even having that white trash on. I think I read somewhere she was shooting up while she was expecting. Real nice.

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Some may remember she used to be a pasty-stripper at Jumbo's Clown Room in Hollywood.