I need a detailer in concourse level. | FerrariChat

I need a detailer in concourse level.

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by PRFCTNST, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist
    I am starting to think that the only detailers that can do concourse level detailing are in CA :(
    I 'v used some guys in the NY area, but they always end up missing on something or screwing up. and also if you guys know someone good at polishing wheels (borranis)

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Responded to the post in the other thread. Try Gus at Technik1. www.technik1.com. I know he does a good job on general cleaning/detailing. You can talk to him about Concours level stuff. Good place to start, though.

3. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist
    Thnks Ghost, i just went to his website, it is a very impresive site though, but i think i will have to ask him few questions at first, soemof the products he uses are not really that great, I had one of my cars done by Detailing Dynamics in Port Washington ( won last yrs british concourse), but they moved from there and cant seem to find them.

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Let us know what you find.

5. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist
    Sure will Vik :)

6. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I just picked up my 360 today from Technik1 and it looks better than any 360 I've ever seen.....they did an OUTSTANDING job detailing/paint protecting/etc. I'd definitely give them a shout...

Pics to come...

7. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist
    How did you drive the car on this snow though, i cant seem to get my Ferra to handle on the snow :(

8. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    Bill Hart has a good detailer, though I think detailing his 550 B for a mag cover cost over 2K. I would say that is concours level :) Check the archives

9. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Matt over at Detailing Dynamics is THE master. He's the guy if you want to win:

http://www.detailingdynamics.com/

The first time I used him he did a 996 I had. I swung by while they were in the middle of the project and I was shocked and amazed. Car up on stands, wheels off, headlights out, trim off, bumperettes off, sills off, seats out -- just amazing.. Plus, he did it all without triggering a single ECU fault code. The car was just stunning when I got it back. Better than new -- it even passed the hinge-grease test. I was referred to him by a good friend of mine...

Gus is great, too -- he'll be doing my rides this year -- but I've got no knowledge of his shop's concour victories.

10. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Yo, the Pateraks in NJ will do a first class job. They are mainly vintage Porsche guys, who know the ins and outs of each little correct part, but they do prepare cars for the top shows. They did do my black barchetta, entirely by hand (no machines) to an impeccable level of deep, even lustre. (The black looked almost purple). They were written up a couple weeks ago in the NYTimes as one of those exotic car service people (like Francois Secard) who even the celebrity owners have to beg to get their time. I found them to be very nice. But, it won't be cheap.

11. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist
    Thnks for the link Emil.
    I just got off the phone with Matt, I didn't know he has a website now. Wow! He has been doing some impressive projects lately, but it's strange how he doesnt advertise, this guy is The Best that i know. I still remember what he did to my XKE for last yrs. British car concourse; that was the shiniest black car on the field, but i will still waiting for the guys from Techink1 to call me back, I am planning on entering my '67 275 GTB into this year shows.

12. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    I agree w/whart...Paterek Brothers in Chatham, NJ refinished my 328 wheels and turned me on to the paint cleanser and waxes by P21S...I detailed the car myself and it came out wet looking.

TTG

13. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D

Sweet :)

14. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    The other thing that's cool about the Pateraks is that they conduct detailing workshops. These are not just hokey product promotion sessions; i understand they are quite informative. I have not had time to attend one, but if you do your own work (and even if you don't), its probably worthwhile.

15. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    The Paterecks are also very active in the northen NJ Porsche Club chapter- I've seen 2 slide show presentations by them at PCA meetings. Very nice people. The level of detail is amazing.

Andrew

16. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    This is a another great thread to have as part of the NYTS archive. I'm glad we've got some good member input. Will certainly keep many of these guys in mind.

17. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist
    Hi Vik,
    I spoke with Gus this morning, He sounds like a very nice guy, we discussed the details about having my 275 GTB prepared for concourse.

18. reggi914

reggi914 Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    I know an AWSOME detailer who comes to my house and details my cars. If you want some info just PM me.

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Why not make it public, for the benefit of all? :confused:

20. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist
    Did you guys check out Detailing Dynamics website ( www.detailingdynamics.com), i will definitely give Matt some of my "toys", tha guy really grew into a great shop set-up, I am compareing with his previous location in Port Washington. Looks like that dude is reaching out for all the vintage and high end cars.

21. FORZA

FORZA Rookie

Mar 19, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Forza Nut
    I recently joined this chat room and am very impressed with it. I haven't posted yet, but must jump in at this point to the topic of automotive detailing and perfectionism. I have always been accused of being a "sick" and "anal" individual by my friends and especially my wife (like that's bad). And up until last year have never met someone who could meet my high standards; until one of my business associates (who also owns a Ferrari) told me about this guy Matt @ Detailing Dynamics. I was sceptical as usual but after meeting him at his shop I felt normal - talk about a perfectionist. Since that day he is the only one I let touch my cars. I have met a number of his customers at his shop and talk about birds of a (anal) feather flocking together.

I would recommend him to anyone w/o reservation. I think he just got his website up. BTW, has anyone had good experiences with any private mechanical repair shops in LI, NY with their Ferrari?

22. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Funny you mention this. PRFCTNST also just referenced their business. Website is: www.detailingdynamics.com, and they seem to about 40 minutes outsite of midtown Manhattan. Some great shot of the F-Cars in their gallery. Additionally, love the opening screen shot of the 360, 456 and gleaming 550.

23. reggi914

reggi914 Rookie

Mar 12, 2004
    LOL, his website should be up later this week (i work for him). He is a mobile detailer, meaning he goes to his clients houses and details their cars there. He details cars for famous people and has some great pix of ferraris. If anyone wants to get in contact with him, PM me. He is located in Rockland County NY, but goes to bergen and Manhattan (need a water source though).

24. PRFCTNST

PRFCTNST Rookie

Mar 18, 2004
    New York
    Full Name:
    Perfectionist
    I thnk that the cars on that picture are actually owned by that guy Bob that also owns an enzo.
    And when i spoke with Gus yesterday about my 275 GTB, He didnt sound very secure with doing the car though, I mean that they are few lilte inperfections in the paint from when it was restored that need to be wet-sand it, but He didnt really wanted to do it, and now that I saw what those guys from detailing dynamics do, I think I will go for Matt again this year. Plus us should work on his charges too, what He told me that He is going to do, I dont think is worth the money.

25. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Gotcha. PM the details if you don't mind.