Testarossa prices | FerrariChat

Testarossa prices

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by Orthoferrari, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Orthoferrari

Orthoferrari Karting

Feb 29, 2004
    Clearwater, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Can anyone help me with the pricing of a Testarossa. I have seen them all over the place from 59000 up to 80000. What is a fair price for a low mileage red Testarossa with recent service?

2. Tyler

Tyler F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2001
    dusty old farm town
    Full Name:
    Tyler
    Chris the range seems to vary as widely as condition. You're much better off to pay a premium and get a no excuses car as the 12's can be pricey if their are problems. I've seen great examples of the late model cars sell for high sixties to mid seventies.

Martin on this board has had some nice testarossas for sale, you might want to PM him.

FWIW, with 512TR prices not being not much more money these days I think they make a better buy. Lots more car for the money and vastly superior if you choose to track it.

3. Varenne

Varenne Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Chris, Tyler is correct. The 512 TR tends to hover in the 90s, but is coming down. Although the 512 presents a similar appearance to the original Testarossa, it's really a totally different car. The outside remained much the same, but the interior, suspension,frame, and all the mysterious doodads that make it "go" were greatly improved. There are lots of threads on the board about the differences and pros/cons of each, so use the 'Search' button and start reading. Half the fun is just reading about these cars.

4. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    ALSO FORGETTING THE 18 INCH WHEELS, BETTER BRAKES, AND ABOUT 42 MORE HORSE...........

5. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

Well, you could carry that right up to the enzo. These are not new auto technologies. Buy what you really want, it's a Ferrari after all, but I think every 12 cyl owner is in agreement about the price reflecting recent/current service being a prime area of concern that differenciates the premium.

6. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    Hello Chris,

I sent you an e-mail.

I have a couple of TR's available, one here in St. Louis.

Chuck

7. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    I also know of three right now.

Tow red one silver.

Also a red 512TR in the mid 90s with fresh service.

8. colo348

colo348 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Orthoferrari,
    I just went through buying a TR and finally bought a '91 with 14.6K miles, 15K engine out service done 16 months ago, custom exhaust system and records back to 1992. The car is nearly perfect and I paid around 70K (they were asking 80K). To me the key to a purchase is do you like the way the car looks; how does it feel on the road; service records; talk to the F mechanic that has done the service; any leaks in the transaxle or other red flags (see red-headed.com); PPI.
    I looked at many TR's keeping my selection between 89 and 91 mainly since these cars usually have all the upgades. The ones I looked at were in the low 60's to low 70's. Martin at Cavallino Motors has a really nice '91 TR in the low sixties that I almost bought (has records, recent service, looks clean), but mine became available with 10K less miles (I paid more however). You might check this one out if you're really in the market?
    Good Luck,
    Jim