Anyone have a set of 355 test pipes? | FerrariChat

Anyone have a set of 355 test pipes?

Discussion in '348/355' started by sherpa23, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Does anyone have a set of the 355 test pipes for sale or know of a set for sale? Please let me know. Thanks.

2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Four of the sponsors of FerrariChat do.

3. I'm having a set fabricated for the 2.7M...

4. 512Professore

512Professore Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    USA, GA.
    Full Name:
    Brian Strasburg
    Yeah, I know of a person who had the test pipes recently removed from his 1996 355B before selling the car. I presume you were looking for a set of used ones, but they are several sources for new ones. The test pipes from my friend's car were originally obtained from Tubi, so they are good quality. Send me a PM, and I can provide the contact name, info, etc.

Also, one must carefull when getting test pipes for the 355, as they had two different exhaust configurations. A 2.7 Motronic, and a 5.2 Motronic system, so make sure you get the correct ones.

Also, the 355 has a complicated O2 sensor arrangement, in which the upstream O2 sensor's output is compared to the downstream O2 sensor's output, and if the readings are not in a pre-determined "window", the ECU set's off the check engine light, but does not affect performance in this state. Dog Gone Fed's and their emission crap/stuff !!!!

The test pipes really make a HUGE difference when installed on a F355.... much louder and sweeter sounding(deeper at idle or part throttle and higher pitched at WOT), plus HP increases.

5. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    I was looking for a set as well, a month ago. Several FChat sponsors carry them. I also know of a 2.7 355 owner in CA who is selling a used set (he's going with Hyper-flo cats). I ended up having a set fabricated, 2.7 motronic, for a really good price. If you're interested (either in the fab'ed set or the used set), send me an email (BigHeadDennis, earthlink). Otherwise, go with one of the FChat sponsors.

BTW, when we write "2.7", we're referring to the 1995 355 2.7 Motronic engine... it's a slightly different design for 1996+ 5.2 motoronic motors.

vty,

--Dennis

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Brian, I sent you a PM earlier. I think that I know who your friend is. Check my PM. BTW, that's how the O2 system is supposed to be arranged. It's not necessarily complicated but that's how it's set up.