Who is a FOC member? | FerrariChat

Who is a FOC member?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by sletti, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

What your FOC member status

1. Not a FOC member

2. Used to be a FOC member

3. Am thinking of becoming a FOC member

4. Already a FOC member

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Just trying to get a rough idea what percentage of us are actually Ferrari Owners Club members......

Stig

2. polartech

polartech Karting

Mar 4, 2004
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Geoff
    Err, will be the moment the right 348 presents itself for sale ;-)

... like buses... and all that.

3. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    I very happy with my FOC membership and think it represents very good value

Wazza

4. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    Strange you should bring this up, as I was thinking of joining. I see Wazza thinks its good. What does everyone else think? Is it worth joining the FOC? What do you get for your money?

5. Steve_nero

Steve_nero Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I haven't joined yet and I'm not sure if it's worthwhile. I don't see myself being able to attend many meetings. What goes on at a FOC meeting anyway?

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    FOC member.

7. exiges

exiges Karting

Feb 26, 2004
    Midlands
    Full Name:
    David Brown
    Ferrari Owners Club membership : £75

Discount given by insurer for being in said club : £140

Result !

8. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    .....Aaaah! The main reason why joining the club is a no-brainer.....

9. Blackspider

Blackspider Karting

Mar 2, 2004
    Have been a member for three years, the local area group is excellent and very supportive with a wide mix of cars and experience. All very helpful. The organised events are well run particularly the track day and concours competion. Joining is highly recommended whether you have a Ferrari or not, if thinking of buying a car you can tap into a wealth of knowledge.

10. matkat

matkat Formula 3

Mar 18, 2003
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Dave McGuire
    No benefit being in Scotland no events meetings or in fact anything!! but I do like the glossy mags(no really)The web-site has been talked about already.I think for you Southeren types(Southern to me that is)it is a good idea.Forgot to say I have been a member for the past 2 years.
    Best regards
    Dave Mc

11. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I was part of the FOC for two years, not anymore. I get more out of Ferrari chat.com.You want to go to Ferrari meetings, go to them, you want to go to supercar days at tracks,go to them, you dont need to be part of FOC to do this. Last year a few of us went to Stanford hall auto italia, you did not need to be part of FOC but still found your way with your car into the FOC section. If you do pay £8 for Ferrari chat.com, IMO you get more out of it than paying £75 for FOC membership. Unless any one can tell me what benifits are they? What can a FOC do that a non member (like myself now) do? This is a genuine question...

12. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    I suppose what you can't do if you are not an FOC member are things like enter any of their race meetings, hillclimbs, get hospitality tickets, attend the AGM & dinner dance, go to the Spring Ball, enter your Ferrari in the concours, take part in Area Group activities, go on their Factory tours, take part in their Track Days, use the excellent reference library, go to the end-of-season dinners, take part in their various karting competitions, get invited to other Ferrari clubs' events, and probably a lot more that I've forgotten. So - not a lot really......

13. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Wow!! realy missing out on a lot ey dude, thats why i left ey. Sooo exiting. As far as Track days super car days are just as good with alot of different cars there and not just ferraris. Referance libery, you can get all the imfomation from Ferrari chat archives, Ferrari club events, if you turn ip in a ferrari your in anyways, as for dinners...well i eat all the time with out falling asleep.Rosso badger was the above from expereance.........ops! sorry you have not got a ferrari have you.

14. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    FOC member

Worth it just for the track days,and the pleasure of seeing Stig once a month at the lion.

15. wazza

wazza Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2003
    Well said Rosso Badger.

I do agree with Rosso Badger and I do own a Ferrari.

Chaa why do you always have this attitude when the question ao FOC comes up or do just always have this attitude.

Still carrying that chip I see. Although I think it's looking bigger than ever.

You asked a genuine question and got a genuine answer and then you go and get all sarcastic and try and get personal.

What is it with you.
    I think sometimes this forum is better off without you if you can't discuse things in a civilized manner.

You have made your feelings about the FOC quite clear on many occassions
    and you are quite entitled to express your views but don't shoot someone who's views are different.

Be nice.
    It won't hurt

Wazza

Wazza

16. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Wazza kiss my backside.

17. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I am a member, but only since November when I bought the Fcar and so far from the quality of the magazines and the discount on my insurance I would say it is well worth it.

18. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    As owners clubs go its not a bad one (I get more out of it than Porsche UK)

As with any social thing its always what you make it, if it isnt to your liking, you can always have your say in changing it.

19. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi guys if i had a ferrari i would join the FOC,i know i can join the PHR but havent and may do in the not to distant future,
    going to subscribe to f-chat dont know which level yet,

Dale.

20. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    I guess you did the right thing in leaving the FOC, seems there's nothing there for you. Ah well, they were probably relieved as well.

21. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Hey well done dude, very clever,you will get on well with the click here. Now go get a ferrari and then you can join the UK FOC.

22. Rosso Badger

Rosso Badger Guest

Jan 17, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    Al Boswell
    Thanks for the advice, which I took up over 25 years ago. Been a member ever since.......

23. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    Ok dude you win.........now ill go and polish me Zonda.

24. Stewart 430

Stewart 430 Guest

Well said Wazza

25. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    I'd joined the club in my first year of ownership about 7 yrs ago but to be honest I didn't make much of it and did not susbcribe for the following 3 years. I decided to resusbcribe again and put some effort to find out what its all about. After 1 + 3yrs of susbcription, a few track days, monthly events and some really good friendships, I find it works for me. Sure, there are things which I don't like but thats the nature of clubs I think. Overwelmingly though, I enjoy being part of FOC and I appreciate all the efforts of the people that run and organise all the functions for the enjoyment of the memebrs and theri passion.

Philip