Mr clean self drying car wash | FerrariChat

Mr clean self drying car wash

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by robiferretti, Mar 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    Anyone try it yet? wanna know if its worth it...would be good for those sunny day's where you have to try and keep up with the water drying off the car

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    a buddy of mine has it. I'll try to use it this weekend and let you know, or at least get some feedback from it. I've heard good things overall about it.

3. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    There was just a thread on this a couple of weeks ago. You might want to try and do a search on it.

4. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Been using it for a while. Works as advertised.

5. DiesIrae

DiesIrae Karting

Nov 27, 2001
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Agreed, works pretty well and saves a ton of time.

6. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    I used it last week on my black Infiniti sport coupe as well as my wife's Lexus. Worked very well. I will use it again tomorrow. Was a little anxious waiting for the car to dry thinking that it would spot. It didn't! I was quite amazed.

7. dream cars

dream cars Formula 3
    Regional Sponsor Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    mike
    I own an exotic car rental company and have been using it for about 3 weeks now. Great product. we use it on all our cars. wash it then let it sit for about 10 min. and the car is dry with no spots. the best price i have seen is $14.XX at AutoZone. my only complaint is it is very bulky.

8. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I got it but I have to use it.

9. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    These filtration systems have been in use for ages, but this is the first product in anywhere near the pricerange.

Seems good, I have yet to try it.

Another trick is to pour a gallon or two of Distilled water on the car after you're done. Nothing in the DI water to form spots!

The filters essentially create close to DI water.

10. alanhenson

alanhenson Formula 3

Dec 2, 2003
    just use distilled water. that is what the filter does. it just takes out all the impurities. distills it.

11. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I washed a black car and a white truck this morning with it. Some notes:

The starter soap and filter wont last long. Mr. Clean will make the profit in the resupply of these two items.

On the black car, I used it per the directions. It worked fine; the only places I had to touch were where the water pooled up.

On the truck, it earns it merit. A lot more acreage to cover and the chrome bumpers, big mirrors and areas around the vents were always hard to dry completely. Now they just evaporate.

On a dirty car or truck, wash it normally, then get out the filter kit for the final rinse. I did not see that their soap made a difference over Pep Boys soap.

The car has to be clean, so hand washing may still be required. It is not a touchless system, since the soap mode does not apply enough pressure.

Windy day, so the low pressure filter rinse was not efficient. I had to hold it very close. Almost like painting a car to get complete coverage.

Overall, good for quick washings and saves a lot of time on a big vehicle. On the truck, it dried quickly, but on the little car, I could have hand dried it in less time.

12. Ekasilicon

Ekasilicon Formula Junior

Jan 21, 2003
    I used it yesterday of my M3. It does work, for the most part. There were a few spots on my windows, but overall it works. The only things I wish it would do is, not use so much soap so fast, and create more suds when spraying on the car.

I think next time I wash my M3 I will hand wash it with different soap and then rinse it with the Mr. Clean.