upcoming CAR SHOW in Austin! Need your help! | FerrariChat

upcoming CAR SHOW in Austin! Need your help!

Discussion in 'Texas' started by -FROG-, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    A few years ago I set up a small car show and raised money for the "Childrens Hospital of Austin". I have started to organize another show and see how much money we can raise for those kids down at the Hostital. It was a struggle trying to find a location to have the first show and we finally got permission at the "X/O" parking lot off I35 and Oltorf, near Travis High School. I don't know how, but we raised over $600.00 for those kids and had a Blast doing it with only about 30 cars there! Thanks to the folks from a local racing message board for showing up and helping me out to raise the money! There were even a few local Hot Rods that showed up and I never knew how they found out about the show but I guess word got around to a few folks. We only charged about $5.00 a car to enter and asked for donations from those who came just to watch. News 8 made their way out and put some of the cars on the air and the day was a success!

While brainstorming for a few ideas for a show this year, I have been thinking about the Home Depot parking lot in South Austin (Sunset Valley) off Brodie Ln. "Samuels Diamonds" had a BIG car show there last summer and it was a MAJOR success so I think there is a way to get it but I don't know if Sunset Valley will allow it. I' am in the process of tracking down the people in charge to get permission

I have already had an overwhelming response so far in the last 12 hours since I have posted this out on other message boards. Local car enthusiasts and racers have been responding with eagerness to help with the show and enter their cars. This year, we will not charge to show your car but instead, accept donations, so give as your pocket book and heart will allow. $5.00 or $50.00, giving is giving and any amount will be greatfully accepted by the Childrens Hospital.

If any of you would be interested in entering, please let me know so I can get a count of cars and we can all work together to do something for the community and especially the Childrens Hospital. I see this as oppertunity to show the community and law enforcement that we, as car enthusiasts and racers, are not all out to burn the streets and cause trouble in our neighborhoods but that we do care to give to the community while doing something we love.

So far, we do have a couple sponsors but I'll wait to announce them until we get a date and location confirmed. If you would like to help out or even sponsor, please let me know so I can work out the details with you.

If we do this, I would like to invite ALL cars and trucks interested. Stock, Hot Rods, Imports, Exotic, Classic, whatever! The ultimate goal here would be to raise money for the Childrens Hospital while having fun, so however we can raise it, lets do it. But, I hope to get as many exotics together as we can so we can all get to know each other and maybe get a large enough group of exotics to have a local Exotic Car Show one year!

I hope to hear from you!. Keep your eye on this thread to get information as we progress! Thank You! -Paul
    [email protected]

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Man, since no one else posted, I'll volunteer my Art Car Ferrari.

I also have friend who has a nice restored '68 Camaro RS. He's an Austin fireman.

I also have a 25th Anniversary 6 speed Trans Am, 1 of 128 made.
    It's a little tatty after 134,ooo miles of Texas!

Let me know as details firm up!

3. Erin

Erin Rookie

Mar 9, 2004
    the Houston Euro crew is always up for a show. Might post up on some of those enthusiast boards. a few local ones are

www.eurotechniks.com
    www.bavarianspeed.com
    www.trapspeed.com

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    When is this going to be?

5. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 3, 2003
    Austin
    Full Name:
    Paul Daniels
    Thanks for your responses guys! I'll look into posting on some Houston boards, but for the mean time, this is really blowing up here in Austin. I have confirmation that Sideways Autosound, Inc (formerly Xtreme Sounds) and a local skateboard shop will be helping sponsor. I have contacted a few High Performance Auto shops and got a reply from Moorespeed, so I'm hopeing they can bring a car out for a little while. We will have a D.J. hopefully and there will also be a bout 15 Models for posing with cars for pictures, helping to raise money. There are alot of details still in the makings but I have only been working this for a few days, so I'll get more details out soon. I have comfirmation for about 50 cars so far and we havn't even got the flyers out yet. The flyers will be emailed out to people so they will be handed out all over Austin and surrounding areas. The date will more than likely be set in May.

I have an example flyer made but it's on my other computer. I'll post it up for kicks on Monday.

Thanks again to all of you! -Paul

6. jedsnephew

jedsnephew Rookie

Jan 2, 2004
    I live in Austin and would be happy to help and show my car. Please email me at [email protected] with any more info.

Thanks,

Mike

7. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    sounds cool.let me no win.

8. -FROG-

-FROG- Formula Junior
    BANNED