Gauging interest: Brembo kits or StopTech kits? | FerrariChat

Gauging interest: Brembo kits or StopTech kits?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mwarrior, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mwarrior

mwarrior Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2004
    Ontario and Texas
    Full Name:
    Gagan P
    To start with, this has been approved for posting by Rob just in case anybody was going to mention it :)

I was just wondering how many people would want to purchase Brembo kits, StopTech kits, and also the StopTech racing rotors for the 360 Modena. I can get good prices on all of them and thinking of becoming a sponsor, but of course it would help to know that the interest is there. Prices would include shipping and be at or a little below retail.

Also in May the paying members will be getting special discounts.

Please post if you're interested though.
    Gagan

2. mwarrior

mwarrior Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2004
    Ontario and Texas
    Full Name:
    Gagan P
    Bumping this up in case everybody ignored it :)
    Gagan

3. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Interestingly, I was approached by a Stoptech rep at a track event in So Cal. . They were talking about how they could improve over the OEM Ferrari brakes. So I started getting technical asking about claiper stiffness, number of pots, floating designs, surface area of pistons, surface area of pads, rotor construction etc... They got real defensive like they had some US military secrets. The only answer I got was they could do better than stock and there systems are proprietary. They walked away. I must really rub people the wrong way. I did use my deodorant that morning. I was not impressed.

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Lee @ stoptech really knows his stuff. Cool guy. I would use their products...

--Dan

5. mwarrior

mwarrior Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2004
    Ontario and Texas
    Full Name:
    Gagan P
    I think the reason for the whole defensiveness thing is because they dont really have much stuff yet for the Ferraris, aside from the racing rotors for the 360, and kits for the 348 and 355. As for pistons, according to them they custom size the pistons depending on application. It could have been a rep that didnt know what he's talking about or had never actually done technical stuff.

So far the person I'm dealing with over at StopTech seems to be very helpful. I asked about rears for my car and he said they would be able to do a few custom rotors if needed (to match the fronts since they dont have a kit for the rear).

Also a lot of people swear by the StopTech kits over the Brembos, so they must be doing something right.

Gagan

6. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I have a Brembo dealer account already, of course usually I deal with E46 M3 kits.
    The thing with BBK is, unless you track it, it won't much that much of difference for normal street driving, most see it as not worthy for the price tag. Of course again those are E46 M3 owners, maybe 5k isn't an issue for F-car owners.

7. mwarrior

mwarrior Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2004
    Ontario and Texas
    Full Name:
    Gagan P
    And that is the reason I also deal with StopTech. Their kits are cheaper than Brembo's in most cases (case in point: the E46 M3 kits are about $500+ cheaper than Brembo). I'm also looking for other brands/things people here would be interested in. Main thing is so that it would pay for the sponsorship (reason that Rob approved the thread).
    Gagan