ferrari challenge day at Infineon Raceway? | FerrariChat

ferrari challenge day at Infineon Raceway?

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by tzucc, Mar 12, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    Got this email from www.owners.ferrari.com.... on March 20-21, they are having a F day at the Sonoma track. Be cool for a bunch of us to go up and do the track for a day....

I would like to take my Dino around those corners....

Any other interested parties?

2. Noelrp

Noelrp Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2001
    SSF
    Full Name:
    Noel
  3. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    F.Y.I. - Tickets will be $20. If for drive a Ferrari or Maserati, you will have free access to the event and reserved parking in the Ferrari/Maserati corral in the Paddock. Also, the will be unveiling the 612 Scaglietti on Saturday afternoon. Access to the unveiling and Ferrari Hospitality lunch is $60. This is the information I received in the Pacific Region Ferrari Newsletter. To track your car there is a mandatory technical inspection. 1 day track is $360 and 2 day track is $575. All cars need a fire extinguisher and drivers must wear a helmet, both can be obtained at the Wine Country Motorsport at Infineon Raceway. The event is Saturday and Sunday, March 20 & 21.

4. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
  5. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    I will be there on Saturday. Just paid for entry to the unveiling of the 612 and hospitality lunch. Anyone leaving from the Serramonte area?
    Darryl

6. tzucc

tzucc Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2003
    sorry, shoulda checked for other existing threads on topic.
    I would like to track my car just for fun... is there a list of requirements or is fire ext and helmet all there is?

7. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Tony,

You'll need to get tech inspected. Basically they just make sure nothing is obviously wrong with your car (yoru engine isn't about to fall out, etc). Beyond that, you should be golden.

Did you get the letter from FoSF? If not, I can pass along the info. They might be full, esp. for Sunday, but you should still check. Also, Norman is going Saturday...

If you do want to go, a friend of mine is going to be instructing, and is a FANTASTIC teacher, so I'll make sure he does your sessions.

--Dan

8. storminnormin

storminnormin Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2002
    California
    Tony,
    You definitely need a helmet with an approved rating, and a mounted fire extinguisher. They also need you to have a formal tech inspection. I had mine done at FoSF a couple weeks ago, and they mounted my fire extinguisher in the cockpit behind the passenger seat.
    I'll be there saturday. I'll email you my cell phone #, but be forewarned that reception at Infineon can be spotty.
    Norm

9. tr328

tr328 Formula Junior

Jun 19, 2003
    Pacifica, California
    Full Name:
    Darryl
    Storminnormin,
    I am going on Saturday also. What city are you leaving from? I am leaving from South San Francisco.
    -Darryl-

10. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    I will bring my helmet if anyone needs/wants to borrow one.

Tracking is great fun, and usually there are several run groups of varied skill level, so you don't have to drive any faster than you feel comfortable! (it's very open to drivers of nearly all skill level, and instructors are provided, usually mandated for beginers too.)

Extinguisher probally mandated, and you should have your car completely checked out for track event at your dealer (all lug nuts tight, <don't laugh, they come loose under extreme brake heat>, good alignment, brakes bled, etc.

Stuff good to bring in addition to what you might think:

- Extra set of brake pads (you can go through an entire set in 1 day!)
    - Bottle of brake fluid (you should really bleed 'em after the day is over and/or to top off.)
    - Blue tape to protect headlights or bumper from dings.
    - Lots Of Water (for both you and the car, it's exhausting but great fun!)
    - Jack & stands(to inspect the car if nessicary between runs.)

Also, make sure you leave absolutely NOTHING loose in teh car when you head out. This includes removing your spare tire. (don't want anything flying around in your car in 1G+ turns.)

Tony- I encourage and applaud you! It's the most fun you can have in a car with your clothes on. Enzo and Dino would be proud.

11. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    If anyone needs, I have a low-profile aluminium jack, stands, an electric torque wrench, etc. all handy. Norm - you want for saturday??

--Dan