Slamming ??? | FerrariChat

Slamming ???

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by peajay, Mar 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I have had my 328 for about one year now and have always supposed it is normal, but I thought I would get other owners experience. I have to slam everything pretty hard on my car to close, both doors and the bonnet and boot (hood & trunk) when they are closed the panels are nicely aligned, but I really hate to have to slam so hard. Is this normal for everyone ? Are all models like this ?

2. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003
    I don't slam the front and rear lids - I push them down carefully. As for the doors, they close quite easily...

-Wayne (308)

3. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley
    Slamming isn't the way to do it. I close the front hood, rear trunk, and engine lids and then place my hand firmly above the latch and firmly push down until latched.

Tom

4. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hmmmm.... interesting because the dealer that sold me my car told me specifically not to press down to close because that can distort the panels, especially for the rear engine cover. As for the doors, when you are inside the car you can't put pressure on them to close. I have lubricated the latches everywhere but I find it hard to believe that all of the openings on my car need adjustment ???

5. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

If you press on the panels at a point just above where the latch is located, the panel shouldn't distort. As for the doors , a slight "slam" should be all that's needed.

Tom
    '